Splatoon DLC

If Splatoon had DLC, what would you want it to be of?

• Maps!

Votes: 74 75.5%
  • Outfits!

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • Weapons!

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • I don't want DLC at all!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other;

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I'm definitely expecting maps based on various Nintendo IPs, with Delfino Plaza being the obvious first pick.

Other picks would be Hyrule Castle Town and the Animal Crossing Town (call it "Squidville")
Those are essentially my ideas as well. It'd be sweet to have some Nintendo themed maps, outfits and weapons.

I'd really love to see a Super Mario Sunshine themed map with a cool outfit and a weapon or two. I think a FLUDD weapon firing ink instead of water could work, but what if the weapon was actually a Yoshi that matched your Inkling's colour in the match? The Yoshis in Sunshine shoot different kinds of juice depending on what colour they are, so I think it's a perfect match. Besides, who doesn't want to mess up Delfino after Mario has already cleaned it up?

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Those are essentially my ideas as well. It'd be sweet to have some Nintendo themed maps, outfits and weapons.

I'd really love to see a Super Mario Sunshine themed map with a cool outfit and a weapon or two. I think a FLUDD weapon firing ink instead of water could work, but what if the weapon was actually a Yoshi that matched your Inkling's colour in the match? The Yoshis in Sunshine shoot different kinds of juice depending on what colour they are, so I think it's a perfect match. Besides, who doesn't want to mess up Delfino after Mario has already cleaned it up?
wasnt the original idea for this game supposed to be a mario game? it would be nice to see some other IP stages

Nurematsu

Inkling
NNID
Nurematsu
Extra outfits would be absolutely essential to keep customization fresh. I'd also love to see new multiplayer maps every now and then. One extra DLC option I can think of is maybe some additional single player campaign levels. Maybe even a short alternate story that takes place before the events of the original campaign where you play as an Octoling infiltrating Inkopolis in stealth missions to steal the Zapfish.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
wasnt the original idea for this game supposed to be a mario game? it would be nice to see some other IP stages
Even more of a reason to have some Mario themed DLC at the very least, and Sunshine is genuinely the perfect one to reference in Splatoon. :)

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Not quite. They developed the mechanics of the game before anything else. When it came time to decide on characters, Mario & Gang were considered, but ultimately rejected because the devs wanted this to be a new IP free of a lot of the restrictions tying into an established franchise would put on them.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Not quite. They developed the mechanics of the game before anything else. When it came time to decide on characters, Mario & Gang were considered, but ultimately rejected because the devs wanted this to be a new IP free of a lot of the restrictions tying into an established franchise would put on them.
Ah, ok that makes sense now

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
The F.L.U.D.D Should be a DLC weapon. It can wash away opposing team's paint and scald them, leaving them with a burn

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
I know that the devs are going to support this game after launch, sales dependent though so if it’s not a wild success, don’t count on a TON of support. They're going to have to refine the offline multiplayer system if they truly want it competitive at any sort of venues. Nintendo had a modified map that ran off some lan setup @ e3 & pax east, but that obviously won't be the case once the full retail version comes out (I am clearly highly skeptical any lan feature would make it into release as it would undermine classic Nintendo business strategies.) I am guessing that they have put together a tournament mode or have collected thoughts on that kind of thing like they have been known to do or tease. Hell, I am buying 10 copies for people just to inflate sales even though it’s only a drop in the bucket, bigger picture. I don’t profess to know it all as far as Splatoon goes, I’ve tested 1 modified build of the game so I have only seen screenshots/videos of other stuff just like everyone else which is my basis for the offline assertion.

I’m tired of thinking about the game. So brb, going to sleep for the next 30 days till it comes out :cool:

The SG

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SG9000
The F.L.U.D.D Should be a DLC weapon. It can wash away opposing team's paint and scald them, leaving them with a burn
That's a great idea. Maybe it could also be the side and special weapons, transofrming itself into the various nozzles.

Also, a Mario Sunshine DLC would be the crossover that makes the most sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom