Splatoon Online Squads

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Suggestion! Should we in the front page post a link to the Squad threads? Like hyper link the names? I know it might make things a bit organized considering that most people tend to look here first (and Squads are all over the place)! I'm willing to help find all the threads that are up right now.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
I'll probably end up joining any squad that has a cute, or cool theme to it. xD
Well that is a cute action on its own. I wonder which one fits you from the many there are.

@nfan10039 I'm going to lock-on smart bomb you so it doesn't miss you. :D I don't think you can barrel roll that one. :p It certainly looks nice. Good job from Captain Norris. I'll Update.

@xCoCo that is a wonderful idea. I had not yet done it because it shows squads plainly and not all Squads have threads. But I'm considering it to reduce the size of image posting. One thing I can do is add the hyperlink and eliminate the banner from the thread. The banner should be up in their own respective threads. I should suggest every Squad have a nice banner in their op. Not required but it's a good intro for their Squad. I'll be highly thinking this into consideration.
Feedback is a way I use to update and make the thread more nicely. Thank you for the many who have provided ideas and small tweaks.

Last edited:

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yes, really exciting!^^
Who knows what means TheRapture with more than one board?o_O I'm curious! XD
Apparently we might be getting a whole Forum section with individual boards as well as maybe a ranking system and keepsake areas for the competitive scene. This is what I believe more than just a board could be. No info beyond this teaser was released so details are unlikely until official announcement

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Apparently we might be getting a whole Forum section with individual boards as well as maybe a ranking system and keepsake areas for the competitive scene. This is what I believe more than just a board could be. No info beyond this teaser was released so details are unlikely until official announcement
Yes, I've heard Warchamp is working on a dedicated section for Squads. Hopefully, I'll come soon™.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Yes it's been about lately starting in the suggestion thread. BTW were's your pick or are you using a black pic to avoid the Squid default (or bathroom symbols if it would be on Smash)? It's been like that for days.
Haha, I knew someone would ask. It's currently invisible. If you don't believe me, try changing the style/theme.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sounds like a good idea, having threads for all the different squads could be a useful way to communicate + a thread for leaderboards and other general stuff
I stole your sig. Not gonna use it thou just to keep Larry running. Larry is my fave Koopaling and the default costume in my Smash brothers 3DS for Bowser jr. Also, yes. We'd all love that. It will come with time. A direct home for Squads and teams as well as a place for communication and battle and info exchange.

@Trieste Sp I knew you were concealing it. haha. Tricky. The black void!

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
There were people who were complaining that my previous avatar was glaring into their souls. So I changed it to nothing.
Well now the void will eat them whole. It's a black hole were not even light escapes. Thou it's weird how your online flashy icon remains there, should have been sucked in by the black hole :p

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
@xCoCo that is a wonderful idea. I had not yet done it because it shows squads plainly and not all Squads have threads. But I'm considering it to reduce the size of image posting. One thing I can do is add the hyperlink and eliminate the banner from the thread. The banner should be up in their own respective threads. I should suggest every Squad have a nice banner in their op. Not required but it's a good intro for their Squad. I'll be highly thinking this into consideration.
Feedback is a way I use to update and make the thread more nicely. Thank you for the many who have provided ideas and small tweaks.
Not a problem : D
I thought it'd make things a lot more organized. Hopefully we get a section for Squads ><

KilleenMachine

Senior Squid
NNID
kingosquirrels
View attachment 331 Very exciting news indeed StarFox. Do a Barrel Roll! Anyways, Captain Norris has done me a huge favor and redone my banner, and made it much more awesome and cool! As such I wish to change my squad's banner as well to what Captain Norris implemented and took time out of his busy schedule to make. Here it is starforce, and many thanks Captain Norris for this.
starFORCE not starFOX lol. Hey btw star can you remove niderqueen from my clan entirely she has left :(

Last edited:

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid

As you may know, Splatoon is a shooter game, a prime candidate for groups/bands/clans/teams/crews/squads to form up. Smashboards have crew topics and it's own crew system. I've decided to reserve this thread here as is the one on Smashboards but for Splatoon here. Squads can be made and I will look for the respective info to set this thread as it's Smash counterpart. If someone here is more knowledgeable about Squads I'd like you to join here to keep things good. But for now I will reserve this thread for the Splatoon Squads once they begin to form. Splatoon will be out on may 29 2015. Please be aware that making full Squads is still premature but you can start deciding on a team specially for players decided to buy and play Splatoon. More info will come soon. The following info was heavily influenced from the Smashboards one with slight alterations. Thanks to Darklink401 at Smashboards for allowing me to copy some of the info.

Note 1: Make sure all members of your Squad are registered users on Squidboards before submitting a Squad. This is required for best interaction between members as it's a Squidboards Squad.
Note 2: As of May 20th All Squads who will be registered must have 4 members minimum and must be official registered members of Squidboards. Squads registered without this limitation from May 19 and before are excluded.

Splatoon Online Squads Staff
Lead Staff: @StarForce, @Flying_Tortoise, @RoyLee
(For Squad registration, post the info here or PM Me or Flying_Tortoise. Do not PM Roylee as he is in charge of internal info not registrations)

Communication Method
The Splatoon Online Squad's and SCO's Official TeamSpeak server:
TS IP: 76.74.238.52:10907
Teamspeak Download: HERE
Every registered squad already has their own room that they can customize. Check out this excerpt from the Splatoon Community TeamSpeak thread for the benefits. With this comes a chance to simplify the way battles are held making it easier to contact squad leaders and or officers who are online in teamspeak.

Some of the ways Teamspeak is superior to Skype/Other Voips:
A much less CPU and Network Cost.
More organization, multiple channels = multiple conversations.
Ranks and Custom Icons to let you represent your Squad Swag.
Have the ability to chat individually or as a group in just a few clicks.
Holding meetings of various sizes is a lot simpler.
The Reason why The SCO Teamspeak is the way to go:
The use of this Teamspeak is completely FREE.
Our setup allows your Squad Leaders to moderate their own channels with full control.
With other squads using the same Teamspeak, you have the opportunity to battle more frequently
Squidboards will flourish with continued community involvement in Teamspeak.
Scrimmaging within your own squad is easily organized.

Squad Making Tips​
1. If you want your Squad to participate in a lot of Squad battles, don't just wait for other Squads to pose challenges! Challenge them yourself. This will make other Squads want to pose more challenges in the future, making the activity on this section flourish. On that note, if you want to join a Squad, don't be afraid to ask a Squad's captain, if a certain Squad interests you. Think of it as a job application.

2. Name your team/Squad something sensible. Nothing stupid like "I Did Your Mum" or downright inappropriate like "Heil Hitler: Modern Day Nazis" and make sure its a name easy to remember and is short and to the point. No "XXX_HaRdCoRE Inkleengs_GiT ReKt N00b_XXX". Try "Seasoned Inklings" instead.

3. As far as advertising your team/squad goes, putting something like "Interested in joining an OTL Squad? PM me for more info about the Iron Wolves" in your signature is fine. Blatantly advertising your team/squad is NOT fine! Example: "HEY GUYZ YOU SHOULD TOTALLY LIKE JOIN MY OTL TEAM"

4. As team/squad leader, it is your responsibility to keep up to date on all that happens in your team/squad such as wins/losses and how much BP your group has as well as update the roster as people come and go. You can appoint other members in your team/squad to help you run things. i.e you could perhaps make someone in charge of video footage of any battles you participate in for example or assign a treasurer to handle all things SP related.

5. Teams/Squads are like family the same way you and a group of friends/colleagues are considered "family". Therefore, joining an OTL team/Squad or making your own is a commitment in that its your responsibility to stay active and keep up with your new family. It is up to the leader(s) to keep up with all aspects of their team/Squad including updating the roster as people both come and go, (hey it happens.) keeping track of Team/Squad Battles won and lost, etc

Squad Banners​
You are allowed to make a banner for your team as visual representation for your team/squad is useful for those in touch with the visual side of their brains and is much easier for some than remembering a mere name. Again, nothing offensive/inappropriate should be in your team/squad banner. No huge *** banners either. They should be a size appropriate for the forums. If you need an idea of the length for images allowed, I would suggest getting in contact with one of the admins who run SquidBoards like WarChamp7 or simply read the rules and guidelines for SquidBoards.

Squad Battles​
What good is joining/making a squads if you can't battle with other squads? Once there are at least a few teams/squads that have been formed and are ready to battle, Squad Battles will commence! Starting one is simple, this thread will be dedicated to Squads complete with a list of which members are a part of which squad which is. This very thread will in addition to listing various teams also double as a rankings thread, so you can know which squads are good and which would be on your squad's skill level. PM the Captain of the opposing team and challenge them to a squad battle. If both he/she and the Captain of your team (unless you are said Captain) agree, a squad battle shall begin!
Name the terms and conditions of your battle. i.e best 2 out of 3 overall with each battle consisting of 4 members from your Squad and 4 members from the opposing team battling to the best 2 out of 3. As Squad Captain, you and the Captain of the opposing Squad should try to match up your squad mates in a way that's as fair as can be. i.e don't send your strongest members against the opposing teams weakest members and vice versa. More rules (that are reasonable) should be decided upon before the squad battle starts (set up a reasonable time for both parties and be sure to PM everybody in your squad of this development well in advance.)

Rules
1- Squads must be compromised under Squidboards Squads. (all members including Captains & Co-captains must be registered Squidboards users/members)
2- Squads are "for fun" teams. Do not harass members into joining a squad if they don't want to.
3- Do not insult other Squads in anyway, post and pre battles. Do not humiliate lower ranking Squads nor make fun of them. This is highly offensive and will not be tolerated.
4- Follow a system of fairness and do not sent the best members to the lowest Rank Squad's weakest members that you can challenge. Keep things fair.
5- Do not harass or insult your own members or Squad co-captains and Captains. Do not call anybody a loser or "you should not be in this Squad" or "you suck" or the likes.
6- Specifically for Captains and co captains; do not abuse your leadership power. Being the lead doesn't mean you can force your members or teammates into something nor make decisions that a member may find uncomfortable. Also discuss in advance the leaving of a member. Don't outright "fire" them on the spot or block them (In squidboards) without a reason first.
7- Do not agree nor serve as bait for other Squads (inflating points, self defeat, Kill me stances).
8- If you as a Captain or co captain need to step down, notify the Squad first and appoint a suitable successor to your position. If a member, also notify the Squad of your team so a new member can take your place.
9- There can only be one Captain (leader) per Squad but a few co-captains (second best or the right hand when the captain is not present). Everyone else is a regular member.
10- As is the nature online, make sure you have a stable connection. Do not disrupt Squad duels with repetitive disconnections or game quits.
11- Make sure to register a member before going to do a Squads challenge duel.
12- No Double Agent scenario - Squads are unique. A member, Captain, co-captain will not be allowed in two different Squads. If this happens you will not be registered in the second Squad you appear in. A Squad with this trait will not be able to battle on duels and while registered will behave as if it has a missing member. If you want to Make a Squad of your own please quit the current Squad you are in. Members of a squad who make another Squad as Captain will not get their Squad registered until he/she officially defect it's current Squad.

More rules may be added or amended and an infraction point system within the Squads will be soon available. If a member/co captain/ captain or entire Squad has a problem, sort it out between yourselves in a civilized manner. Talking always is the best action to take. If this is not possible; message me or another member of the Splatoon Online Squads staff. If things go out of hand or Squidboards rules themselves are broken you will be reported to mods and Website infractions based on their rules.

Infraction Point System
Under Construction

Top Winning Squads

Ranking System
Squads will earn SP (Squid Points) for every successful Squad battle they win when facing off another Squad. Every victory will award you 10 SP no matter your Rank. Your Squad will indeed lose points depending on the Rank's position. As a high ranking Squad it is the responsibility of the Squad to cooperate and coordinate well, as is good leadership. This will ensure your squad wins and maintains their position or rank. Just because you got to be the best of the best doesn't mean you will not get demoted or ranked down if the squad performance falters continuously. Make the effort to win all the time! As expected, The Master Rank suffers a heavy loss as is the most important rank and expected to win. Whereas, the Novice rank doesn't lose anything as they are expecting to raise through the ranks and is the weakest rank. You will see that once you start increasing your Rank. Your responsibilities kick in and you will be working to maintain the reputation.
These are the Ranks: Attainable at: Points Loss Equivalent:
S Master Rank------------450 to 351 SP------ 5 SP
A Expert Rank-------------350 to 261 SP------4 SP
B Advanced Rank--------260 to 181 SP------3 SP
C Intermediate Rank-----180 to 111 SP------2 SP
D Beginner Rank----------110 to 51 SP------1 SP
E Novice Rank------------- 50 to 0 SP-------0 SP

Ranking Restrictions
Rankings have a restriction in the Squads you can challenge or be challenged. The restriction is as follows: Whatever your rank, you cannot challenge or be challenged by Squads in positions that are 3 ranks (starting with that 3rd rank) higher or lower than your current rank.
The ranks are as follows: Master-Expert-Advanced-Intermediate-Beginner-Novice.
Ex. An Advanced Rank Squad can challenge or accept challenges from themselves (Same rank) or up to two ranks ahead or below. Meaning Expert or Intermediate (1 rank higher lower than Advanced and up to Expert or Beginner (2 ranks above or below). There fore Advanced cannot challenge or accept challenges from Novice nor a rank past Master if there would be one. As the nature of this system in this case. Novice would challenge Novice Beginner and up to Intermediate but not Advanced onward. and vice versa for Master rank which can challenge or be challenged by other Masters and Expert and Advanced but not Intermediate or below. This makes for a more pleasant system balanced in terms of skills so low ranks don't get hotheads challenging The big guys but also the big guys won't take advantage of the lower skill ranks. This indeed is a restriction and will follow in the rules. You will be penalized if you harass a rank higher or lower than the established to battle you or be battle by. Please refrain from doing so.

This is the compatibility table for fast knowledge.
< Master > Expert, Advanced X Intermediate, Beginner, Novice.
Master < Expert > Advanced, Intermediate X Beginner, Novice.
Master, Expert < Advanced > Intermediate, Beginner X Novice.
Master X Expert, Advanced <Intermediate > Beginner, Novice.
Master, Expert, X Advanced, Intermediate < Beginner > Novice.
Master, Expert, Advanced X Intermediate, Beginner < Novice >.
You can challenge or be challenged by a rank past the < or > (including other Squads of your same rank) but not a rank past the X symbol.

Special Events
Events may be hosted now and again, as mini-tournaments for the squads to enter. These tournaments WILL give you normal SP by winning a battle, but win the tournament, and you'll get bonus SP as well (amount to be decided, currently under maintenance)

Squad Rankings
Master Rank:
Expert Rank:
Advanced Rank:
Intermediate Rank:
Beginner Rank:
Novice Rank:
Inkzooka Squad 0SP
Squid Squad 0SP
Squids Next Door Squad 0SP
The Squidicide Squad 0SP
Red Hot Inky Peppers Squad 0SP
Salty Splatoon Squad 0SP
The Inkredibles Squad 0SP
Pow Splatoon Division Squad 0SP
Galactic Warriors Squad 0SP
Squidz Ink. Squad 0SP
Squiddernauts Squad 0SP
N5 Star Squad 0SP
Squid Eater Squad 0SP
Bloopers Squad 0SP
Think Tank Squad 0SP
Jeux Clan Squad 0SP
iK Splash Squad 0SP
Cephalopods: Squids and Octopi Squad 0SP
INK Inc. Squad 0SP
The Cephalopods Squad 0SP
Team PFG Squad 0SP
Metal 7 Squad 0SP

Squad Battle Records
Inkzooka Squad 0/0
Squid Squad 0/0
Squids Next Door Squad 0/0
The Squidicide Squad 0/0
Red Hot Inky Peppers Squad 0/0
Salty Splatoon Squad 0/0
The Inkredibles Squad 0/0
Pow Splatoon Division Squad 0/0
Galactic Warriors Squad 0/0
Squidz Ink. Squad 0/0
Squiddernauts Squad 0/0
N5 Star Squad 0/0
Squid Eater Squad 0/0
Blooper Squad 0/0
Think Tank Squad 0/0
Jeux Clan Squad 0/0
iK Splash Squad 0/0
Cephalopods: Squids and Octopi Squad 0/0
INK Inc. Squad 0/0
The Cephalopods Squad 0/0
Team PFG Squad 0/0
Metal 7 Squad 0/0

List of Squads
For the List of Squads please scroll down to post #4 made by me also (StarForce) or if a little lazy then just hit this link which will take you there immediately: http://squidboards.com/threads/splatoon-online-squads.221/#post-4711
Hello again! I'd like to add DatGuyAegis to my squad, please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom