• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Online Squads

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
12 seems unnecessarily large to me. the point of having 8 players is to have spares should someone be unavailable, and be able to train within the team. im not sure that the extra 4 players added would get almost any time on the field.

Copilot

Senior Squid
NNID
CosmicCondor
Yeah, twice as much as a normal team is usually pretty solid. Also, I don't know how much roles will be a factor in this game, but that's a big thing to consider. I know in TF2 Highlander (which, if you don't know, is one person on each class) you have one person on the main team for each class, and you'll essentially have your backup roster be another full team, one person for each class more or less, so you have someone specific to swap out the right class. So if roles are important in competitive Splatoon, that's a thing to consider when forming squads.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
12 seems unnecessarily large to me. the point of having 8 players is to have spares should someone be unavailable, and be able to train within the team. im not sure that the extra 4 players added would get almost any time on the field.
Yes essentially what I though of first suggesting 6 to 8. Because there would be unhappy members who won't fight almost never. So when tourneys come the best of the best comes to play and no matter how you train and stay on the bench as spare if your not within the best you won't see much play. It's not nice to be part of something and not be part of something at the same time. It's like a shelved project that is there is taken notes off and references but never actually sees the light of the day. I'd like members to go out and play. Make points or just make something for the group not just be Smash's Sandbag to practice and that's it. IMO. Anyone can disagree but that's how I feel.

nfan10039

Semi-Pro Squid
Yes essentially what I though of first suggesting 6 to 8. Because there would be unhappy members who won't fight almost never. So when tourneys come the best of the best comes to play and no matter how you train and stay on the bench as spare if your not within the best you won't see much play. It's not nice to be part of something and not be part of something at the same time. It's like a shelved project that is there is taken notes off and references but never actually sees the light of the day. I'd like members to go out and play. Make points or just make something for the group not just be Smash's Sandbag to practice and that's it. IMO. Anyone can disagree but that's how I feel.
I completely agree. Perhaps if the people on the bench aren't playing they can be part of another squad. Either that, or part of multiple squads as that would surely mean more play time for them

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Why not a rotation? Have 2 players switch out for every battle, not only does it allow everyone to join, but different strategies can be shown from different units

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Why not a rotation? Have 2 players switch out for every battle, not only does it allow everyone to join, but different strategies can be shown from different units
Yes I have that in one of my replies too were I said the leader can modify the Squad with other members when a round is lost or between rounds.. Every member is unike and may perform better in certain situations. So yeah this is another thing I though of. Good you brought it up again.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Yes I have that in one of my replies too were I said the leader can modify the Squad with other members when a round is lost or between rounds.. Every member is unike and may perform better in certain situations. So yeah this is another thing I though of. Good you brought it up again.
I wouldnt see it any other way. Rotation is the only way to go if there are to be more than 4 members.

Also, that spelling :p

Nimyu

Inkling
NNID
CaputMortuum
How do I join this Hype Train for competitive Splatoons? :3

Nimyu

Inkling
NNID
CaputMortuum
just sign here. your free time will be a regular charge for the membership fee starting May 29th.
Membership fee? Huh? XD I was hoping of bringing over any Splatoon people from my Smash Wii U crew over.

Setu

Or you could just change the title of this thread to "Clans" and do whatever you want with your clan...

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
its also very possible I misinterpreted the question. I interpreted it as "how do join the hype train for the game" not as "how do I join the hype train for competing against other squads"

possible oops

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
So I think my squad will actually have 8 or nine members. I don't usually like having bigger groups of people, but scrimmaging will be easier and such. 9 in case I want to just observe the teams and see how I can help them improve, or if I need a few subs, etc.
Also, @StarForce can I suggest creating multiple components for each member? For example, if for some reason the captain cannot make it, a sub captain should organize the stuff, or be in charge of the other team (if there are 8 players) Basically the captain and sub captain would train their squad, and scrimmage each other. Then in the end, the Captain can choose which team to join in stuff.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So I think my squad will actually have 8 or nine members. I don't usually like having bigger groups of people, but scrimmaging will be easier and such. 9 in case I want to just observe the teams and see how I can help them improve, or if I need a few subs, etc.
Also, @StarForce can I suggest creating multiple components for each member? For example, if for some reason the captain cannot make it, a sub captain should organize the stuff, or be in charge of the other team (if there are 8 players) Basically the captain and sub captain would train their squad, and scrimmage each other. Then in the end, the Captain can choose which team to join in stuff.
Oh yes that is in my plans too. Since teams are made of 4 we will need a second captain. And probably as your case or your choice, I may have 9 members including myself in my Squad as I won't be able to battle. So I need two subcaptains. I'd like to play with my Squads but sadly I don't have a Wii U and there seems to be no plans of one arriving at home at all so I'll just be a voice for the Squads. never the less i would like to have at least one team of 4 under me. It's probably the only Splatoon related thing I'll have. But good of you to remind me.

As for news. The Squad section is almost complete but we are now focusing on Tourneys and cups ranking/scoring so I'll be posting or editing the OP with Squad related info soon Thank you all for your patience. While this is like Zelda U that is getting delayed but the more time we have the better outcome we can have finished for the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom