• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Online Squads

Setu

Personally I feel like "clans" would be a better term than "squads" since this is a shooter game.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
quick question about ranking: what if a master ranked squad faced a novice rank squad? it doesn't make sense that if the master ranked squad wins they still get 10 points considering the gap in rank and implied skill. in addition, 10 points wouldn't seem like a lot if the novice ranked squad won.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
quick question about ranking: what if a master ranked squad faced a novice rank squad? it doesn't make sense that if the master ranked squad wins they still get 10 points considering the gap in rank and implied skill. in addition, 10 points wouldn't seem like a lot if the novice ranked squad won.
don't worry it will be taken care of. We realize this, have thought of it, and will iron out the details closer to the games release.
Clans don't rhyme with Squids. And that's an important factor. :p

Edit: wait. Squads don't either...

...Let's pretend it does. :p
Aura...I see you have made it here... may our squads have good matches when we see each other on the battlefield

also......"squads" sounds better for the colorfulness that is Splatoon

Setu

The game will put you in rooms based on ranking, so there shouldn't be much a difference in ranking, unless there is way to join friends in random rooms. If there is, you better be good enough to join that friend lol

Also, clans just sounds more competitive and doesn't mean the exact same thing as a "squad"

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I wouldn't mind joining/setting up a Squad myself, we'll have custom made posters and everything!
I hope in the future we can have some kind of ladder or on site class ranking system (since I assume by the time things really get going, we'll have a lot of people in the ingame A+/- range) and have matches that can take place at any time.
Along with squads and squad rankings, I'd love for there to be solo rankings which would reflect an indiviual player's skills and how they work as a one squid army with their own Win/Lose rate and then set people with similar rankings up in matches. This way, one can be an active participant with a respectable rank without needing to be in a squad.

Also Squads is miles better than clans, Splatoon is something totally new, why follow old shooter tradtions now of all times?

Aura

Infiltrator
Oh didn't see this. This format should work fine. Remember you can also have co-captains if you so wish
Squad Name: ?????
Members:
@@ (name) - Squad Captain
@@ (name) - Member
@@ (name) - Member
@@ (name) - Member
@@ (name) - Member
@@ (name) - Member
Ah okay. I see. Thank you.

Name: Squid Squad
-
Squid Squad Captain: @Aura
-
Squid Squad Co-Captain: @Kat
-
Squid Squad Members:
@Diableos
@Siledh
@SuperMii3D
@Gunster25
@DAK075
@Inari
@Icedise
-

We are still hiring one more member, so when we get that last spot filled in, I'll inform you guys the news.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
@Captain Norris :Yes the ranking system was done on the fly after there was no further changes at the time. It is subject to change and for now the game in part is needed to make it official.

@Aura :You can use the template I set in the "Squads" section of the OP inside the spoiler which is essentially the one @Flying_Tortoise posted to you. Use that one without having to go to the OP. It's also registered already.

For everyone else; that is the template for submitting the Squad. Once you have it done. Post it as a regular post here and I'll add it to the OP in the Squads section. Any changes you can just re-post later.

@mininut4 :Yes I see what you mean. The ranking is still open to revision. it is not final. I thought of each win awarded 5 SP only at first. But then upped it to 10. Still open for consideration. For this reason in the discussion I also presented a restriction system. In which lower ranks cannot challenge or be challenged by higher rank. My stance for preventing over the head novices challenging the pros and also pros from abusing low ranks. Also to provide a fail safe in case makeshift squads are made from alternate accounts or bait players to feed a high rank or a Squad wanting fast leveling up. The restriction system also has in a number of tries for challenging so as to not act on purpose as feeding. (It happens in any competition) Splatoon is no exception. This restriction system is not yet implement ed but I brought it on the table. I will discuss for it to be fully included as it was an idea I already proposed.

@Pivi :Yes solo battles could work. And indeed I also brought to the table the independent player skill or points. But it got complicated. We didn't cover it for now But it's an idea I also brought. The thing is we were discussing 3 fronts so we all tried to focus on one thing for the moment. But most for now of the questions have already been on the table and brought at one point to discussion.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
Um..Hi is anyone recruiting for a Squad I'll happily join if there is any space availlabls :)
Thanks for visiting. Aura has a spot empty. See if you can fit with her? Also if you cannot stay around. Squads is super early in the stages and some members are yet to form or join a squad. Thank you for your interest in Squads

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Thanks for visiting. Aura has a spot empty. See if you can fit with her? Also if you cannot stay around. Squads is super early in the stages and some members are yet to form or join a squad. Thank you for your interest in Squads
Thanks for the reply! I'm planning to make my own Squad called The Mad Splatters. Am I allowed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom