Splatoon Online Squads

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I suggest groups because they allow more flexibility, and may potentially be used in the sites' ranking system.

http://squidboards.com/threads/squidboards-update-5-initial-launch-of-groups.1173/

As it stands, seems like they're mostly beta testing right now.
I suggest this as well.

We'd like the Groups feature to phase out the need for individual threads. If anything, Squads will get their own board so they don't take up space in the Crispy Calamari, especially when we have a feature for them now.

But, ultimately, the logic would be that there wouldn't be a need for squad threads outside the groups because the threads should just populate the actual groups themselves. So we'll see what happens with the threads.

Platypudding

Full Squid
If I want to make a team that partakes in normal tourney stuff as well as the squad stuff, what should I do? I don't know what to classify it as.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
If I want to make a team that partakes in normal tourney stuff as well as the squad stuff, what should I do? I don't know what to classify it as.
You have a few options:

1) Create a Squad. Then just note in your squad that your squad participates in squad stuff as well as normal tourney stuff. There's nothing stopping you from having members of your Squad also participate in games of 4v4. If you want to participate in normal tourney stuff, you'll have to register a team in that case, you do not necessarily have to have a Squidboards "team" to participate in anything like that.

2) Create a Squad and then create a Team with the same name/logo/etc.

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
We (Salty Splatoon) broke it down as needing A-Team, B-Team, etc., as obviously not every member of the Squad will be available for every single event.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
Yes when I first brought the concept it was a sole Squad system just like the groups. But The groups have more divisions like Team of 4 and Squad of more players. It was just made by me the smaller amount to keep things organized but we do have the timezone affecting players globally and also people are not perfect attendees. Everyone has something to do or a situation. Therefore several Squads have branched out for many players to be included. Even my own first one into NA and EU. Best bet is like TheRapture says; make a team of individuals but make a Squad compromising all your teammates and the bigger goal you all pursue. None of the members are restricted to anything in specifics.

I also would like this so I can include it in my thread as a link to each Squad/team's group section. Still have the Squads boards for announcements, info and many other threads Squads based but not necessarily a thread per Squad. The groups should function as the central hub for them all. Advertise your Squad, recruit, make arrangements and post messages, info or make a conversation in the groups. Because they have the banner and logo features it makes up for seamlessly a perfect combination. I can list all the Squads by name for a link and keep things pretty neat that way I get to just provide the link for their easy finding in the groups from the Squad boards. We are all working; both the administration as well as devoted users to make this Squads/teams, as most entertaining, easily accessible, easy to use, organized way possible. Thank you to all who started with me on this thread. My goal was/still is to find a home for the Squads and record them. Until we move to the Squads boards be sure to keep your info here, in Crispy Calamari if you have one or start fastforwarding to the Groups. This section here will still serve as the link and recording of Squads. That won't change ;)

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Okay so I am back after a long weekend. Anyone mind explaining to me these Groups and stuff? the main page didn't really explain it well, and from jsut glancing at the page on the Boards, I think a brief explanation would help me better.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Okay so I am back after a long weekend. Anyone mind explaining to me these Groups and stuff? the main page didn't really explain it well, and from jsut glancing at the page on the Boards, I think a brief explanation would help me better.
Essentially the Social Forums from Smashboards. In groups you get to be the leader and make rules, promote members, kick members out, invite them. You can set a banner image and a logo, It contains mini personal threads and conversations. Pretty much Social Forums with extra things to do.

Numanumaking13

Inkling
NNID
numanumaking21
Joining a squad seems like it would be a lot of fun. I remember playing in an online game called Naruto Arena and joining a clan made it so much more fun. I'll have to look into some squads once the game is out and I get some more practice with the game.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Joining a squad seems like it would be a lot of fun. I remember playing in an online game called Naruto Arena and joining a clan made it so much more fun. I'll have to look into some squads once the game is out and I get some more practice with the game.
Good luck! You can check the Squads registered here in the thread or many others scattered around Crispy Calamari.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
News: Splatoon will be released tomorrow May 29th 2015. There are no friends groups feature to battle yet until August but you will all get a taste of Splatoon now. Squads will be shifting a lot. Make sure to publish here via post any changes to your Squads. To aid the linking benefit, make sure your Squad has a thread at the least but most importantly a group. You can access it in the top bar on any page in Squidboards. It's in the middle of the bar. "Groups" If you have one provide the link here or if you have a thread then so too. This will make it easy to provide a link to your group/thread as you may know since there are many and sometimes your thread/group may drop down or go to page two. Everyone hates their topics go down in obscurity so we here at Splatoon Online Squads want to provide a section exclusively for linking to your recruitment section without other threads group moving it down. Now go out there and get hyped about Splatoon!

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
Hey everyone! Hope you are having a blast with Splatoon so far :D

Could you add @Dne1494 and @Zeno to the list of members in Sprayze Clan! Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, a lot of activity in my clan today. could you also add @Electra please?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom