• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon Plushies are coming

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I'll probably find them at Anime Expo or Frank & Son Collectible Show, so I'll pick up what I can find there.

By the way, I noticed there's a no-photographs sign next to the plushes. Someone was sneaky.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/14/heres-some-adorable-splatoon-plushies/

Looks like they'll be releasing these in December. I figured they would due to being Christmas around that time. They never mentioned if Judd and the green squid will be released around the same time as the Squid Sisters & the Inklings, but I'm glad there's finally more info on when they'll be released.

*still wants the Inkling girl*

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686

Looks like they'll be releasing these in December. I figured they would due to being Christmas around that time. They never mentioned if Judd and the green squid will be released around the same time as the Squid Sisters & the Inklings, but I'm glad there's finally more info on when they'll be released.

Thanks for sharing. Now I don't have to refresh online stores right now to see if they are being stocked.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Definitely reminding my local TOG toystore to order them for me :D

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Pre-ordered mine via HobbyLink Japan. I placed mine on the Squid Sisters. Funny though, looks like someone in HLJ claims that Marie plushie will be released this month, despite it's suppose to be December.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I have been doing some research to see if they will eventually be distributed in NA by looking to see if the Squid cushions have been distributed in NA. I see in Amazon that some of the cushions are mentioned as being made by San-ei which is the manufacturer but some of those cushions are mentioned as being made by Little Buddy. Little Buddy is the company that distributes the Mario plushies made by San-ei to NA so it is a safe bet that they will eventually be obtainable in stores outside Japan either by online stores only without needing to import or by Nintendo World Store. However I really want them and I am afraid they will be quickly sold out if I do not act fast. I do not know what to do, if I should wait for Little Buddy to get them or just import.

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
I have been doing some research to see if they will eventually be distributed in NA by looking to see if the Squid cushions have been distributed in NA. I see in Amazon that some of the cushions are mentioned as being made by San-ei which is the manufacturer but some of those cushions are mentioned as being made by Little Buddy. Little Buddy is the company that distributes the Mario plushies made by San-ei to NA so it is a safe bet that they will eventually be obtainable in stores outside Japan either by online stores only without needing to import or by Nintendo World Store. However I really want them and I am afraid they will be quickly sold out if I do not act fast. I do not know what to do, if I should wait for Little Buddy to get them or just import.
Mostly just personal preference, but I would say import is a safe to go to stay away from bootleggers. Now there haven't been fake Splatoon merchandise that I haven't heard of yet. Though there are things like fake Mario plushies around. Sites like HobbyLink Japan and AmiAmi can sell items internationally, so everyone can show their love for this game.

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
The Inklings' (boy and girl only) faces look... Weird? Not sure if that's the correct word but they just don't look that good to me.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Mostly just personal preference, but I would say import is a safe to go to stay away from bootleggers. Now there haven't been fake Splatoon merchandise that I haven't heard of yet. Though there are things like fake Mario plushies around. Sites like HobbyLink Japan and AmiAmi can sell items internationally, so everyone can show their love for this game.
I see AmiAmi had all preorders sold out. I am making an inquiry for my import store of choice where I am getting the Splatoon Art Book (already shipped but has not arrived yet) to see if they will carry it. I really need to cut back on how much I spend so I will aim for preordering the Squid Sisters only for the time being and maybe eventually will get Inkling boy and girl.

Also I think the Nintendo World Store of all places will only sell legit items.

Edit: Decided to use Hobbylink Japan and like I do not have to pay in advance until it is ready to be shipped. Still only got Squid Sisters though. Thanks for letting me know that store exists.

Last edited:

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
This is not like the amiibo. On the plushes front, Nintendo tends to be very good at meeting demand and manufacturing more if demand is higher than expected. I was able to acquire plushes of Nabbit (from New Super Mario Bros. U) without having to stalk anyone or anything, for instance, and scalpers aren't really that interested in selling plushes. I can now find plushes of Isabelle from Animal Crossing in large quantities too.

Now, DISNEY plushes, on the other hand, I have to get fast before they run out.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
This is not like the amiibo. On the plushes front, Nintendo tends to be very good at meeting demand and manufacturing more if demand is higher than expected. I was able to acquire plushes of Nabbit (from New Super Mario Bros. U) without having to stalk anyone or anything, for instance, and scalpers aren't really that interested in selling plushes. I can now find plushes of Isabelle from Animal Crossing in large quantities too.

Now, DISNEY plushes, on the other hand, I have to get fast before they run out.
I have the entire Disney Store (US/UK) Wreck-it Ralph plush collection. I got the main three (Ralph, Felix and Vanellope as Calhoun never got a plush but I got her limited edition doll) even before the movie came out but then my sister wanted a Vanellope plush and I wanted to keep my entire collection when I move out of the house so I had to search for another one on an Amazon store for the best price I can find that was close enough to Disney Store's price since the online Disney Store barely stocked more. If it isn't a Disney Princess movie, Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, those classic Disney movies when either Walt was around or had some influence in like the Aristocats you are most likely out of luck.

To make this on topic, even if these Splatoon plushies will be easily available due to making more waves of them, I really would like to have the Squid Sister plushies as soon as possible.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I actually bought a fan-made squid kid and I think it looks lots better than these, imho. You can check out the photo of the one I bought and seek commissions on this page through the artist. It's totally cool and she loves making them. :D (And yeah, you can check out my work, too. ;) )

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Are those cushions? I'd love a blue one myself. Or maybe the turquoise one.

I have the entire Disney Store (US/UK) Wreck-it Ralph plush collection. I got the main three (Ralph, Felix and Vanellope as Calhoun never got a plush but I got her limited edition doll) even before the movie came out but then my sister wanted a Vanellope plush and I wanted to keep my entire collection when I move out of the house so I had to search for another one on an Amazon store for the best price I can find that was close enough to Disney Store's price since the online Disney Store barely stocked more. If it isn't a Disney Princess movie, Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, those classic Disney movies when either Walt was around or had some influence in like the Aristocats you are most likely out of luck.

To make this on topic, even if these Splatoon plushies will be easily available due to making more waves of them, I really would like to have the Squid Sister plushies as soon as possible.
Did you get the Sugar Rush line? I have those three plus got the remaining Sugar Rush characters minus King Candy and the palette swaps; I managed to nab them on clearance. (Including Vanellope, there are 11 total.) To my knowledge, those plus Vanellope make up the entire Sugar Rush set. Would've loved to have a King Candy plush though, but to my knowledge, no official ones were made.

As for the plushes themselves, I would like to have the Squid Sister plushes too, as well as Judd, but I can wait. I've learned where to go to find rare plushes as well as who sells them, so this should not be that hard for me. At least, not any harder than, say, a good-quality Dr. Eggman, which is stupid rare. People are in a panic here. They shouldn't be. By now, Nintendo knows Splatoon is popular, and if anything, they'll meet demand and then some. Remember when Toon Link plushes were hard to find? Then, a few years ago, they're suddenly everywhere. I would bet that Nintendo's strategy is that they'll make a whole lot of them, then just wait for them all to sell, as there are plenty of retailers, distributors, and other assorted vendors who are just as eager to sell them to fans as the fans are to obtain them.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Are those cushions? I'd love a blue one myself. Or maybe the turquoise one.

Did you get the Sugar Rush line? I have those three plus got the remaining Sugar Rush characters minus King Candy and the palette swaps; I managed to nab them on clearance. (Including Vanellope, there are 11 total.) To my knowledge, those plus Vanellope make up the entire Sugar Rush set. Would've loved to have a King Candy plush though, but to my knowledge, no official ones were made.

As for the plushes themselves, I would like to have the Squid Sister plushes too, as well as Judd, but I can wait. I've learned where to go to find rare plushes as well as who sells them, so this should not be that hard for me. At least, not any harder than, say, a good-quality Dr. Eggman, which is stupid rare. People are in a panic here. They shouldn't be. By now, Nintendo knows Splatoon is popular, and if anything, they'll meet demand and then some. Remember when Toon Link plushes were hard to find? Then, a few years ago, they're suddenly everywhere. I would bet that Nintendo's strategy is that they'll make a whole lot of them, then just wait for them all to sell, as there are plenty of retailers, distributors, and other assorted vendors who are just as eager to sell them to fans as the fans are to obtain them.
Yeah I have the entire Sugar Rush line. No official King Candy plush, palette swaps or Minty Sakura was ever made.

I just want Squid Sisters as soon as possible so I am willing to pay the import fee for them as I can be a very impatient person sometimes. I can wait for the regular Inkling plushies. Nintendo World Store is a weird place. When Super Mario 3D World was out I did not see their official plush for what was possibly months. I would say It took 1 and a half years after SM3dW for the Cat costume plushies to appear there while it was already available in Japan.

The regular Rosalina plush has not been there until about two months ago when Galaxy came out a long time ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom