• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Plushies are coming

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I see Cat Mario, Cat Peach, and Cat Toad plushes everywhere. I even see them in claw machines around here. Rosalina, on the other hand, I've never seen for real. Since it's new, it'll likely diffuse out before long.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Oh god those pillow plushies look adorable!

I really want the mint-colored one

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Just some news I thought I'd mention, they're now available at Play Asia for pre-order. According to the site, they come out on December 25, perfect for Christmas.
Woo! I'm excited for Squidmas! Father Squidmas is ready to deliver the Splatoon plushies to all the good kids, squids, and Octarians!

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Thank you! I've looked through page after page of the pre-orders section and could only find the cushions, though I also found jigsaw puzzles, oddly.

I might also pick up a Rosalina amiibo through there too. Or maybe I'll try it through Australia, as they're pretty common there.

NNID
robswiiuid
Thank you! I've looked through page after page of the pre-orders section and could only find the cushions, though I also found jigsaw puzzles, oddly.

I might also pick up a Rosalina amiibo through there too. Or maybe I'll try it through Australia, as they're pretty common there.
No problem. There is a great selection of Splatoon merchandise on Play Asia. I may pre-order the Falco and Mewtwo amiibos through there as well, I have a feeling they'll be somewhat rare.

Axeliira

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Axeliira
I don't care if my wallet is not happy, I need them all. The Squid Sisters are too cute and adorable!

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
GIVE ME ALL OF THEM RIGHT NOW *throws money at monitor*

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
IMG_0051.JPG

Now available at Nintendo NY (Formerly known as Nintendo World Store).

Cephalopod Cousins are 19.99 + tax each.
Squid Cushions are also $19.99 + tax.
Judd and Green Squid are 9.99 + tax I believe.

According to NintendoNYC's twitter account they came on Aug 25. I took this pic on Sept 5. They are keeping them well stocked apparently.

The difference between these and plushies imported from Japan is the tags. The ones in Nintendo NY are bigger and besides for Splatoon in Japanese under the Splatoon logo, everything else in the tag is translated as well as saying it is distributed by Little Buddy and information about that. The English names are used.

If you can't access the Nintendo NY store easily the price is not much different from buying off Amazon. You probably will most likley get one with a Japanese tag though if that affects your buying decision.

Edit: I actually see an obvious difference now. The earrings are different. Japanese plushies have shiny, smooth fabric material while American ones have felt as earrings instead. For comparison I put Japanese Marie plush on American Marie plush and American Callie plush on Japanese Callie plush to show the difference better.

IMG_0055.JPG

Also it is hard to really tell if one is a bit bigger than the other or because I really handled my older Japanese plushies a lot that they sort of had their stuffing/fabric shift over time changing their shape a bit. It could be luck of the factory draw where sometimes you could have a slightly larger one but someone else could have a slightly different looking plush either from the same run or due to it coming from a different run. The ears look a bit different especially comparing my Callie plushies. The earrings are definitely the main difference though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom