• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[SPOILERS] Unlockable Weapons in Splatoon 2 Revealed!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That is a decision madr entirely by a player. Some players might want to use different kits. Even if every player had the same kit, every sub weapon and special can be dealt
with.
Did you see the meta at the end of Splatoon 1? Everyone used quick respawn and every competitive team had at least one bubbler that they planned around. Tentateks were legion. It's called Dominant Strategy, and it can render competitive games quite dull. Letting us choose our sets would become even more of a nightmare.

Francisco

Inkster Jr.
Did you see the meta at the end of Splatoon 1? Everyone used quick respawn and every competitive team had at least one bubbler that they planned around. Tentateks were legion. It's called Dominant Strategy, and it can render competitive games quite dull. Letting us choose our sets would become even more of a nightmare.
I never used the Tentatek Splattershot in Splatoon 1, since it didn't suit my playstyle. Also, being able to create our own sets will give players more freedom and can be more fun for players. Even if a sub weapon or a special is overpowered and overused, it will most likely get nerfed in future updates.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I never used the Tentatek Splattershot in Splatoon 1, since it didn't suit my playstyle. Also, being able to create our own sets will give players more freedom and can be more fun for players. Even if a sub weapon or a special is overpowered and overused, it will most likely get nerfed in future updates.
You clearly dont understand that people WILL figure out what the strongest weapon combination is, and they WILL all abuse the hell out of it.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288

So, we've found models for a MASSIVE Brella type weapon. first pic is a front view, second pic is a side view, and the third picture is the tentatively named Dynamo Brella opened all the way up with the standard Splat Brella superimposed onto it for size reference. So, IT'S PRETTY DANG BIG. It looks like something the team can rally behind. Like a Reinhardt shield, but it's an umbrella, that presumably also shoots ink like a shotgun. I neeeeeed a name for this dang thing, lol.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
That thing's probably gonna take ages to deploy as a result.
yeah, looks like it. A mobile splash wall, I dig it. Sounds neat in concept, i just hope it doesnt flop in practice.

Reactions: the

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771

So, we've found models for a MASSIVE Brella type weapon. first pic is a front view, second pic is a side view, and the third picture is the tentatively named Dynamo Brella opened all the way up with the standard Splat Brella superimposed onto it for size reference. So, IT'S PRETTY DANG BIG. It looks like something the team can rally behind. Like a Reinhardt shield, but it's an umbrella, that presumably also shoots ink like a shotgun. I neeeeeed a name for this dang thing, lol.

"GET BEHIND ME!"

- Squidhardt

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I really want to see a Rainmaker game where everyone has one of those and just take turns setting up a formation around the bearer.

Unfortunately, I've completed single player with the Hero Brella and... I just don't see a good use case for it. I hope some real pro can demonstrate, but I can think of very few situations where using the Brella is worth its really abysmal range and damage.

If there's a giant Brella (calling it: "Beach Brella"), there will probably be a mini one as well (hoping for a dainty lace parasol). But I can't imagine a use for that either. Maybe one with a gun that's a viable weapon by itself but a shield that's barely useful at all?

Reactions: the

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
I really want to see a Rainmaker game where everyone has one of those and just take turns setting up a formation around the bearer.

Unfortunately, I've completed single player with the Hero Brella and... I just don't see a good use case for it. I hope some real pro can demonstrate, but I can think of very few situations where using the Brella is worth its really abysmal range and damage.

If there's a giant Brella (calling it: "Beach Brella"), there will probably be a mini one as well (hoping for a dainty lace parasol). But I can't imagine a use for that either. Maybe one with a gun that's a viable weapon by itself but a shield that's barely useful at all?
Hmm.. If we got captain Cuttlefish's charger (bamboozler) in splatoon 1, then maybe we could get Marie's parasol in this game....

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mmmmm yeah I'm intrigued by that new brella, just have to wait for stats/kits.

...people WILL figure out what the strongest weapon combination is, and they WILL all abuse the hell out of it.
Whaaaaat? Well I,personally, don't know ANYONE who would do that... >.>
excluding me No one @_@

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
I would like a statistical copy of the dual squelcher for splatoon 2 honestly. It would be even better if it was a Wii Zapper. Also @Danku is there a possible way in which I can get a link to those unfinished models and any other ones in the games code?

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I would like a statistical copy of the dual squelcher for splatoon 2 honestly. It would be even better if it was a Wii Zapper. Also @Danku is there a possible way in which I can get a link to those unfinished models and any other ones in the games code?
I found it in The Inkademy Discord server, specifically in the datamining channel. The join link is up on r/splatoon.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
They definitely APPEAR to be their own one off thing. Especially the grizzco brella, it has no cloth, and is called "Umbrella_CoopAutoAssault" in the files. Perhaps it's a brella that acts like an automatic shooter, with lower defensive capabilities than a normal Splat Brella. It could be Splatoon's official shotgun. :p
Oh so you're saying they could be new main weapons, that is also possible and I wouldn't mind that, but I still hope we get 3rd kits. I guess the main reason I want that is because I'm a bit disappointed in the Slosher Deco's kit. I was hoping for Splashdown but Baller is still fun and synergizes well with the Slosher, but Sprinklers? They're pretty underwhelming especially now that you have to constantly reset them. I woulda preferred any other sub over it, yep even Ink Mines. Also 190 points for special? This kit isn't as good as the vanilla Slosher so that should not be me thinks.

Yet despite all that I'm still happy to have a new Slosher kit and am already planning gear builds for it! I suppose one benefit of having Sprinklers is no need to worry about ink efficiency as it's a sub used during downtime, not while in the middle of combat. Think I'll just focus purely on the special, namely three mains of Special Power Up to give the Baller more HP, then one main each of Special Saver, Special charge, and Swim Speed.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Oh so you're saying they could be new main weapons, that is also possible and I wouldn't mind that, but I still hope we get 3rd kits. I guess the main reason I want that is because I'm a bit disappointed in the Slosher Deco's kit. I was hoping for Splashdown but Baller is still fun and synergizes well with the Slosher, but Sprinklers? They're pretty underwhelming especially now that you have to constantly reset them. I woulda preferred any other sub over it, yep even Ink Mines. Also 190 points for special? This kit isn't as good as the vanilla Slosher so that should not be me thinks.

Yet despite all that I'm still happy to have a new Slosher kit and am already planning gear builds for it! I suppose one benefit of having Sprinklers is no need to worry about ink efficiency as it's a sub used during downtime, not while in the middle of combat. Think I'll just focus purely on the special, namely three mains of Special Power Up to give the Baller more HP, then one main each of Special Saver, Special charge, and Swim Speed.
i strongly dislike how the Slosher has 190p for it's special, idk why they did that. Baller has been very fun to use, not quite effective for me tho. ;p

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
i strongly dislike how the Slosher has 190p for it's special, idk why they did that. Baller has been very fun to use, not quite effective for me tho. ;p
I thought it was just to make Tentamissles a bit less spammable, but since the Deco also has 190p it might be to give Sloshers in general a nerf. Only 10p more is just a slap on the wrist, but it does show that Sloshers are now on their radar. Hopefully the Tri-Slosher buzz will distract them from any further nerfs hehe.

Baller should be pretty good on the Slosher, as aside from the insta-splat explosion, Baller does 30 damage from non-lethal explosion hit and 50 damage when running into an opponent. Combining either of those with a Slosher hit (70 damage) is a splat!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Baller should be pretty good on the Slosher, as aside from the insta-splat explosion, Baller does 30 damage from non-lethal explosion hit and 50 damage when running into an opponent. Combining either of those with a Slosher hit (70 damage) is a splat!
Never thought of it that way. I guess I always assume the inkling will have recovered their HP by the time I follow up with a combo.

I thought it was just to make Tentamissles a bit less spammable, but since the Deco also has 190p it might be to give Sloshers in general a nerf. Only 10p more is just a slap on the wrist, but it does show that Sloshers are now on their radar. Hopefully the Tri-Slosher buzz will distract them from any further nerfs hehe.
Please just put the Tri-Slosher on the nerf chopping block, poor old vanilla Slosher doesn't deserve it! A-are we still getting those Sloshing Machine buffs?

Also, if they didn't want tenta missiles to get spammed, they shouldn't have decreased the Splat Dualies special charge rate by 10p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom