• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[SPOILERS] Unlockable Weapons in Splatoon 2 Revealed!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I can see that, yeah. In the case of the 96, it may not have changed but the game surrounding it has. You've got a good attitude, and I agree with your Rapid Blaster sentiments - I've been doing better than ever with the Jet Squelcher because these new layouts make it easier to reach out and touch someone :p
I just can't wait for the rapid blaster pro to drop. Get me even further way from other players. I can't wait.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
The .96 does seem to have slightly worse accuracy than in S1 from what I've seen.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I'm a bit disappointed that there's no predictions for any of the Octarian Weapons.
Their new armor already has unused assets, but their weapons look so Fresh...
...... I want Octo Dualies.....
YES!
Pleaaaase, i want Octo weapons. Bring back the Octoshot Replica. The octo weapons can be fresh looking reskins of the standard baseline weapons. Tentatek splattershot, Firefin charger, Krak-On roller, Enperry dualies, Custom Blaster, Heavy splatling deco, slosher deco, Sorella brella, and the octobrush nouveau kits reskinned as awesome looking Octo weapon replicas. That way you can show off if you main a weapon even if you arent a fan of the standard kit of the Hero weapons.
Make it happen ninty! ...Please

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
YES!
Pleaaaase, i want Octo weapons. Bring back the Octoshot Replica. The octo weapons can be fresh looking reskins of the standard baseline weapons. Tentatek splattershot, Firefin charger, Krak-On roller, Enperry dualies, Custom Blaster, Heavy splatling deco, slosher deco, Sorella brella, and the octobrush nouveau kits reskinned as awesome looking Octo weapon replicas. That way you can show off if you main a weapon even if you arent a fan of the standard kit of the Hero weapons.
Make it happen ninty! ...Please
Woomy!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Although the only problem is...uh. Octo Octobrush Replica? :p
I guess they could call it the Octarian Brush Replica then. My headcanon as for why it's called the Octobrush is because it was used for splatting Octarians, not because it's Octarian technology.

Also if they were to make Octo weapon reskins, they BETTER be locked behind a formidable or at least time consuming challenge, so they're actually trophies for people to show off to say "Yeah, i main this thing, don't mess with me!" you know?

Reactions: the

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm a bit disappointed that there's no predictions for any of the Octarian Weapons.
Their new armor already has unused assets, but their weapons look so Fresh...
...... I want Octo Dualies.....
So... Octo Octobrush? :L
Though iirc they only used Splattershots, Rollers, Sloshers, and Blasters. No Dualies. =(

P-Kong

Full Squid
Oh, thanks. I sorta just took these from the inkademy discord server. my bad.
This model is 100% outdated, but I guess this might be interesting nonetheless.
(Now that you mentioned that server, you might have encountered me there pretty often recently)

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I can see that, yeah. In the case of the 96, it may not have changed but the game surrounding it has. You've got a good attitude, and I agree with your Rapid Blaster sentiments - I've been doing better than ever with the Jet Squelcher because these new layouts make it easier to reach out and touch someone :p
For the record, I tried out the jet squelcher last night. Oh my god, is this weapon great or what? I've been trying to find a weapon I like for rainmaker and turf wars -- I wanted something with range but better covering ability than my rapid blaster. I tried the 96 but I wasn't a fan of the fire rate. I tried some splatlings, but I wasn't a fan of having to charge. Nozzlenose wasn't for me. Dualie Squelchers were cool but lacked some of the power I wanted. I didn't like the falloff at the end of the pro. Most of those didn't even have the range I really wanted, either...

But this jet? It's just what I wanted. Honestly, the gun slipped my mind until you mentioned it yesterday.

One thing, though, is that I'm not a huge fan of the toxic mist. The custom jet is going to have burst bombs, but the sting ray isn't my thing. Wish one of those variants had ink mines or burst bombs + literally anything but sting ray. Who knows. This game will only get more popular, and Nintendo has been willing to add third variants in the past.

(Of course, what do I have to complain about? The rapid blaster pro deco kit is insane... Just hope it doesn't drop two years from now.)

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
This model is 100% outdated, but I guess this might be interesting nonetheless.
(Now that you mentioned that server, you might have encountered me there pretty often recently)
Im sure I've seen some of your posts without realizing it. And even if it is outdated, I sure do appreciate you showing me what it looks like, or at least LOOKED like. It had me speculating about it's potential gimmicks.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
For the record, I tried out the jet squelcher last night. Oh my god, is this weapon great or what? I've been trying to find a weapon I like for rainmaker and turf wars -- I wanted something with range but better covering ability than my rapid blaster. I tried the 96 but I wasn't a fan of the fire rate. I tried some splatlings, but I wasn't a fan of having to charge. Nozzlenose wasn't for me. Dualie Squelchers were cool but lacked some of the power I wanted. I didn't like the falloff at the end of the pro. Most of those didn't even have the range I really wanted, either...

But this jet? It's just what I wanted. Honestly, the gun slipped my mind until you mentioned it yesterday.

One thing, though, is that I'm not a huge fan of the toxic mist. The custom jet is going to have burst bombs, but the sting ray isn't my thing. Wish one of those variants had ink mines or burst bombs + literally anything but sting ray. Who knows. This game will only get more popular, and Nintendo has been willing to add third variants in the past.

(Of course, what do I have to complain about? The rapid blaster pro deco kit is insane... Just hope it doesn't drop two years from now.)
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! The Jet's actually pretty decent at covering ground, the fire rate doesn't mean much when the ink's going the length of a football field :D Toxic Mist takes some getting used to, but it's powerful and worth the huge cost in ink. Throw it at the tower to dissuade riders, at choke points to throw off attackers, or right at your feet if someone's trying to ambush you!

sammich

Inkling Cadet
charger stat comparison excluding subs/special weapons (non-scoped since squiff and bamboozler don't get scopes):

splat charger-------------
ink saver level: mid
speed level: mid
range: 88
charge speed: 50
mobility: 40

e-liter 4k-------------
ink saver level: high
speed level: low
range: 96
charge speed: 20
mobility: 15

goo tuber-------------
range: 78
charge speed: 30
mobility: 70

squiffer-------------
range: 75
charge speed: 70
mobility: 70

bamboozler-------------
range: 78
charge speed: 90
mobility: 80

not sure exactly what the stats other than range and charge speed REALLY equate to (or if charge-keep time is recorded here at all), but it's interesting to see how the stats of the squiffer and bamboozler compare. can't wait til they're back in the game...

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
For the record, I tried out the jet squelcher last night. Oh my god, is this weapon great or what? I've been trying to find a weapon I like for rainmaker
I tried some splatlings, but I wasn't a fan of having to charge
as a Splatling main, i can confidently say splatlings are just NOT good rainmaker weapons, definitely don't use them in Rainmaker. The standard Heavy is amazing for tower control if youre very mindful of your positioning. the upcoming Zink mini and Heavy Deco (if Bubble Blower turns out to be good...) will probably be pretty good for Splat Zones.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! The Jet's actually pretty decent at covering ground, the fire rate doesn't mean much when the ink's going the length of a football field :D Toxic Mist takes some getting used to, but it's powerful and worth the huge cost in ink. Throw it at the tower to dissuade riders, at choke points to throw off attackers, or right at your feet if someone's trying to ambush you!
Yeah, in theory, I love what the toxic mist does. I think I'd like it more for something like tower than in the other modes (for the reasons you mentioned), but I love my rapid blaster and I'm only giving that up in tower and zones for the pro. I'll have to slowly incorporate the mist into RM and TW.

I've been able to get somewhere from 800-1100 points in TW with this jet without even trying, and its reach can control an area even if I'm not getting splats with it (just by dissuading people from entry) -- this is similar to how a good blaster can hold an area. Honestly, I can use the jet very similar to how I use the blaster. It's already similar to my mindset.

You alluded to it before about the changes in the game around the weapons, but it seems like many of these longer range weapons where you can still stay reasonably mobile are much more viable in this game than in S1 -- and even more so as new sets start to drop. I didn't play the last year or two of S1, so maybe these weapons entered the meta more there, but I love how things like squelchers and long range blasters have helped diversify the area control role that chargers almost exclusively had in S1 (at least while I was playing).

That's why (and I hate to keep harping on this, but I'm excited) I'm so looking forward to the rapid blaster pro.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
as a Splatling main, i can confidently say splatlings are just NOT good rainmaker weapons, definitely don't use them in Rainmaker. The standard Heavy is amazing for tower control if youre very mindful of your positioning. the upcoming Zink mini and Heavy Deco (if Bubble Blower turns out to be good...) will probably be pretty good for Splat Zones.
Yeah, and I just don't have the mindset to ever be great with a splatling. I know all things get better with practice, but my best ability is quick thinking and fast initial reflexes. I'm not quite deliberate enough to make a splatling work, and I'm definitely not patient enough. I need to be able to see something and immediately shoot.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeah, and I just don't have the mindset to ever be great with a splatling. I know all things get better with practice, but my best ability is quick thinking and fast initial reflexes. I'm not quite deliberate enough to make a splatling work, and I'm definitely not patient enough. I need to be able to see something and immediately shoot.
Squelcher's definitely a good match then. The Heavy Splatling and Jet Squelcher are siblings, their kits may differ but the primary difference in the main weapon is how the payload's delivered. That can come down to a matter of taste.
You alluded to it before about the changes in the game around the weapons, but it seems like many of these longer range weapons where you can still stay reasonably mobile are much more viable in this game than in S1 -- and even more so as new sets start to drop. I didn't play the last year or two of S1, so maybe these weapons entered the meta more there, but I love how things like squelchers and long range blasters have helped diversify the area control role that chargers almost exclusively had in S1 (at least while I was playing)
The squelchers, both kinds, were kinda unpopular in the first game, since people favored the Splattershot Pro and the .96 Gal for their faster kill times and better kits when it came to ranged shooters. Chargers were also the meta king, since they had few counters beyond ambushes and going unseen (and you still had e-liters spamming damage boosted burst bombs up close). Chargers have since been punched in the gut with all the nerfs and counters and obstacles, so ranged shooters of all types have been on the rise it seems.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Well, you settled down with the Jet Squelcher so it's safe to assume that you still have good taste. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom