• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[SPOILERS] Unlockable Weapons in Splatoon 2 Revealed!

P-Kong

Full Squid

We have an image of the Grizzco Brella! I'm starting to detect a theme here with those yellow capsules. They almost remind me of prescription drugs, as strange as it is. It appears to not have much defensive capabilities, with there being no cloth for the actual umbrella.
Well, those are three Splattershots according to (EDIT: outdated) model data.

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I'm a bit disappointed in the Slosher Deco's kit. I was hoping for Splashdown but Baller is still fun and synergizes well with the Slosher, but Sprinklers? They're pretty underwhelming especially now that you have to constantly reset them. I woulda preferred any other sub over it, yep even Ink Mines.
I think Sprinklers will work out pretty well for it. They're a good zoning tool, and the Slosher is all about forcing or predicting your opponent's location. Put down a Sprinkler where an opponent can reach it, use their shots to judge where they are, and slosh away. Or toss one where an opponent can't reach it, forcing them away from it, and slosh them when they head that way.

P-Kong

Full Squid
Wait, what?
Opening that Salmon Brella in 3ds max, you can see three Splattershots sticking out of the Brella.
The model seems unfinished, however, as the textures used for the Splattershots have the same color scheme like the regular Splattershots and the isolated metal stuff seems to be excluded.
Maybe these weapons have limited ink tanks…

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Opening that Salmon Brella in 3ds max, you can see three Splattershots sticking out of the Brella.
The model seems unfinished, however, as the textures used for the Splattershots have the same color scheme like the regular Splattershots and the isolated metal stuff seems to be excluded.
Maybe these weapons have limited ink tanks…
Wow, no kidding. If you have a pic, it'd be amazing if you shared it with us.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The hero blaster is cool and all (though it does not top the flame decal original)
But DAT OCTOLING BLASTER THO
I love me the red light aesthetic.(I want their shades too... or Callie's shades =P)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think Sprinklers will work out pretty well for it. They're a good zoning tool, and the Slosher is all about forcing or predicting your opponent's location. Put down a Sprinkler where an opponent can reach it, use their shots to judge where they are, and slosh away. Or toss one where an opponent can't reach it, forcing them away from it, and slosh them when they head that way.
I don't know if I'd really call it a zoning tool since it can be quickly destroyed. Throw it near an opponent and they'll immediately rid of it, throw it in an area you know the opponent wants to go and they'll destroy it then be on there merry way. It might slow them down a bit, but I don't think that's worth 80% of your ink tank. A suction bomb bomb on the other hand forces the opponent to either move or stop moving into an area.

It's true that it can bait opponent's into overextending if they're fool enough, I've seen that happen a few times hehe.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
More new weapon hype! The Glooga Dualies have been discovered!

These seem to be the "heavy" Dualies, with very poor mobility (35, half that of the Splat Dualies), but good range at 56, along with three-hit splats will make these very dangerous. However, it seems that their current stats are tentacle tentatek tentative. Their file name is interestingly "Wst_Twins_Gallon_00", so they're essentially the "Gal Dualies", and their stats reflect that nicely.​

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
More new weapon hype! The Glooga Dualies have been discovered!

These seem to be the "heavy" Dualies, with very poor mobility (35, half that of the Splat Dualies), but good range at 56, along with three-hit splats will make these very dangerous. However, it seems that their current stats are tentacle tentatek tentative. Their file name is interestingly "Wst_Twins_Gallon_00", so they're essentially the "Gal Dualies", and their stats reflect that nicely.​
HYPE!
The kit is Ink Mines and Inkjet, btw.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Gals aren't my thing, but my buddy who mained the 96 in S1 has been unhappy with them in S2. Maybe this will fix some of the issues he's had with them.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Gals aren't my thing, but my buddy who mained the 96 in S1 has been unhappy with them in S2. Maybe this will fix some of the issues he's had with them.
I'm also not a big fan of Gals, so I don't really intend to use these (could change my mind when I see them in action though), but I'm always excited for brand new weapons. This rounds out the Dualies class to a nice 4, not counting alt kits. Now we just need a third brush and more Brellas plz :p (at least we do have that "Dynamo Brella" pretty much confirmed).

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I'm also not a big fan of Gals, so I don't really intend to use these (could change my mind when I see them in action though), but I'm always excited for brand new weapons. This rounds out the Dualies class to a nice 4, not counting alt kits. Now we just need a third brush and more Brellas plz :p (at least we do have that "Dynamo Brella" pretty much confirmed).
I'm surprised the range is so short (56 - same as the range blaster). I'd like to see the fire rate before deciding how good it is compared to other duals and gals.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Out of curiosity, what's he unhappy with? I've seen people run tests and the weapon is pretty much the same as it ever was.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Out of curiosity, what's he unhappy with? I've seen people run tests and the weapon is pretty much the same as it ever was.
So, here are a few things he's said about it, but even he's not exactly sure what's up with it:

gal1.PNG
gal2.PNG

Seems like many things, but I'm not a gal user at all, so I can't directly comment.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Since one complaint involves the level design, just looks like general salt to me :p Thanks for answering my question.
It is and isn't because he's like... really good. He just happens to also be a very particular person, so when there's something he used to like (96 in S1) and he doesn't like anything in S2 quite as much, he gets salty about that.

I feel him in this regard. I cut it out of the convo because I wasn't relevant, but I mentioned how the level designs and various nerfs made the luna feel off for me -- to the point where I just don't use it at all in S2. But for me, that salt is just seasoning atop the amazing meal that is the rapid blaster. The flatter level designs/neutral choke points/hiding places to better approach campers all make the rapid blaster so deadly in S2.

I think if he keeps an open mind and finds an alternative he can love just as much as he loved the 96 in S1, that salt will be seasoning atop his meal as well. He just hasn't found that yet.

The level design salt is like... half accurate. A pinch of salt? Not all the maps are out yet, and some of the upcoming ones appear to be exactly what he'd like. It's a bad idea to judge a newly released game like this against the finished product of S1.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It is and isn't because he's like... really good. He just happens to also be a very particular person, so when there's something he used to like (96 in S1) and he doesn't like anything in S2 quite as much, he gets salty about that.

I feel him in this regard. I cut it out of the convo because I wasn't relevant, but I mentioned how the level designs and various nerfs made the luna feel off for me -- to the point where I just don't use it at all in S2. But for me, that salt is just seasoning atop the amazing meal that is the rapid blaster. The flatter level designs/neutral choke points/hiding places to better approach campers all make the rapid blaster so deadly in S2.

I think if he keeps an open mind and finds an alternative he can love just as much as he loved the 96 in S1, that salt will be seasoning atop his meal as well. He just hasn't found that yet.

The level design salt is like... half accurate. A pinch of salt? Not all the maps are out yet, and some of the upcoming ones appear to be exactly what he'd like. It's a bad idea to judge a newly released game like this against the finished product of S1.
I can see that, yeah. In the case of the 96, it may not have changed but the game surrounding it has. You've got a good attitude, and I agree with your Rapid Blaster sentiments - I've been doing better than ever with the Jet Squelcher because these new layouts make it easier to reach out and touch someone :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom