• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squid Squad Thread: Under New Management [LOCK THIS THREAD]

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
After playing the demo, I am going shooter type strictly. Roller is not good at all. Maybe for turf wars, but even then, all you gotta do is just focus them.

I might learn charger a little bit though.

Aura

Infiltrator
After playing the demo, I am going shooter type strictly. Roller is not good at all. Maybe for turf wars, but even then, all you gotta do is just focus them.

I might learn charger a little bit though.
I wouldn't say rollers are bad. Chargers are slow and are almost useless in a close combat situation while shooters maintain a medium distance for a defensive type combat- bar the Aerospray. Rollers are the most aggressive weapons of the three categories and on paper are going to be staples to aggressive-stealth playstyle- but that's just my opinion about it.

I may pick up on all three categories unless the scoped charger proves itself junk in my hands. The Aerospray MG is almost definitely my go-to because I favor SMGs (Vector, Sand Hawk, etc.).

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I wouldn't say rollers are bad. Chargers are slow and are almost useless in a close combat situation while shooters maintain a medium distance for a defensive type combat- bar the Aerospray. Rollers are the most aggressive weapons of the three categories and on paper are going to be staples to aggressive-stealth playstyle- but that's just my opinion about it.

I may pick up on all three categories unless the scoped charger proves itself junk in my hands. The Aerospray MG is almost definitely my go-to because I favor SMGs (Vector, Sand Hawk, etc.).
I don't see the roller being effective. I crushed a lot of roller players, and all you really have to do to counter the roller player is to hunt them down, and keep sending them back to spawn so that they can't do a whole lot of damage. They seem to be the ease of use weapon, but at the cost of being less effective, I just see myself getting way more bang out of my buck from the other two weapon types, especially the shooter. Especially when we get to ranked games. Splat Zones it will have some use, but towers it is useless. Rainmaker might allow it have additional use as well. And who knows, maybe the Dyanomo Roller will be a much better option than the default roller. But those are my first impressions of the roller. I could totally be proven wrong when the game launches.

Aura

Infiltrator
I suppose we'll just have to wait until the game is released to figure out the true potential of these weapons. Regardless of what happens, I do know that this fact will never change:

Killing somebody with a giant paint roller is badass.
RBYTentacruelRevamp-1.gif

Kehorie

Inkling
NNID
Kehorie
Will there be any news about reopening recruiting? I was really looking forward to joining a crew for this game.

ThatSrb2DUDE

Senior Squid
NNID
ThatSrb2DUDE
The charger is defiantly something you need to be steady and precise with at first I had tones of trouble with but in this gameplay I slowly got use to it:

Its not my ideal way of playing cause I enjoyed being extremely aggressive at covering the other teams ink and splatting them so they can't lay ink down but the charger defiantly has its perks and is fun to use.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Found the Roller super fun to use and to sneak up on people with. Splat Charger doesn't seem great to use in Turf Wars but maybe that's just me. Splattershot Jr was so much fun to use. The bubble was great for helping out in tricky situations, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom