• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think we should also have rule threads stickied, so users don't get confused. You should make sure they don't seem to intimidating, though. I know a lot of users can get uncomfortable around those kinds of things.

Detta

Inkling
NNID
Dettadeus
Would it be possible to have a different theme set for your account on desktop and mobile? I love the Octoboards theme on desktop, but it's nearly impossible to read anything on my phone with it so I had to change to Squidboards Orange.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Absolutely love the site. It just oozes personality, fantastic job to everyone who made it a reality!

As for the site going forward, I think letting people sign in with their Smashboards account was pure genius and will really help the community grow! Touching on that, I don't think the site should try to be a carbon copy of SB. Taking inspiration from it is fine and a good starting point, but we should try to give the site it's own personality as we move forward.

Edit: Seconding the names of the forum section. It's unnecessarily confusing and feels forced just to keep the theme of Splatoon.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

Senior Squid
Will there be Premium functionality on here?

If so, I think we should be able to link our Smashboards account to the Squidboards on and get premium equal to the former.

i.e, If I link my SB account to my SQB account I get premium until October the 8th on SQB, because that's when my premium finishes on my SB account.

Thee Incubus

Inkling
NNID
Theeincubus
Others have mentioned it but the forum section names are a bit confusing. While the names are cute and themed, I personally would just prefer, "Splatoon General Discussion" "Splatoon Competitive Discussion" etc.

Teran

Inkling
Regional boards would he good, since geography affects the quality of connections as well as the fact that people will want to foster local scenes too.

0A2X1

Inkling
@Warchamp7

Please consider making a "Teams" forum in the competitive section where people can create their own teams and recruit their own members as they see fit. This game was designed for 4v4s in mind, having teams pit against one another with a win/loss record would be great in terms of competitive. It's a standard thing in many shooters, Splatoon is no different in this regard.

Of course, there's the problem of voice chat and communication, but that can be decided by the teams themselves; it's already a discussion here elsewhere on SQ.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
My suggestions:

More themes! I would really like Yellow Squidboards myself :rolleyes: I would like themes that are like Octoboards in that they have a black background with white text but have different color banners like the Squidboard themes.

Normal thread names! Saltspray Rig?

Squid smiles!

Last edited:

iDaylon

Inkling Cadet
@Warchamp7

Of course, there's the problem of voice chat and communication, but that can be decided by the teams themselves; it's already a discussion here elsewhere on SQ.
There are external voice chat applications like Skype or Raidcall so that will most likely be what people will adapt to.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
More emoticons to express myself would be nice.

I think starting with "Inkling heads" (similar to Smash stock icons) would be a great first start.

Lyn

Premium

If so, I think we should be able to link our Smashboards account to the Squidboards on and get premium equal to the former.

i.e, If I link my SB account to my SQB account I get premium until October the 8th on SQB, because that's when my premium finishes on my SB account.
There's already Premium, yeah! I don't know about linked Premium, though. You're only supporting one of the sites I believe.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7

If cross site Premium is added it will be at a different price point.

Neo Zero

How tough are ye~
Regional boards would he good, since geography affects the quality of connections as well as the fact that people will want to foster local scenes too.
To add to region based boards, what of a board for the recruitment and formation of teams. Especially in Splat Zone, I imagine having a way to find 3 or more other people easily to form a team with would be most beneficial.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
I know it's been talked about already but could there be a future option for the Squidboards to be dark backgrounded. The octoboards a theme is good but it's all based on user Preferences. My favorite color is green but I cannot use that. It's too screechy for the eyes and barely visible to see since the text is nearly the same color. My next favorite color is teal but still too bright. My setting at Smashboards is Sapphire which is blue and makes it nice in the black background. But a white background here with light sub color is not very eye friendly. Can you help make the background gray? That will alleviate a lot.

CyberHyperPhoenix

Senior Squid
I know it's been talked about already but could there be a future option for the Squidboards to be dark backgrounded. The octoboards a theme is good but it's all based on user Preferences. My favorite color is green but I cannot use that. It's too screechy for the eyes and barely visible to see since the text is nearly the same color. My next favorite color is teal but still too bright. My setting at Smashboards is Sapphire which is blue and makes it nice in the black background. But a white background here with light sub color is not very eye friendly. Can you help make the background gray? That will alleviate a lot.
Well, there already is a black and purple theme, so would that suffice?

Reactions: Lyn

Lizalfos

Inkling
We need Media hub for sure around release. I 2nd the Regional Boards too. Maybe start selecting writers too.

Lyn

Premium
We need Media hub for sure around release. I 2nd the Regional Boards too. Maybe start selecting writers too.
I do agree. This could benefit the forum a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom