• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
@Warchamp7 Do you think we could get a "Rankings" tab along with premium, members, guides, etc?
Someone mentioned it in another thread but they never brought it here.
Anyways with the Ranking system we could use it to help with seedings in future leagues or tournaments that will take place.
Yes, it is early but I think it'd be cool to go there and see that the rankings are just waiting for people to get on there. Possibly make more hype?
edit: grammar error

Last edited:

Undr

Shaq smiley is sorely needed. ;) ...see? I'm not feel'n it at all!

But in all seriousness, it's not really an important concept until the game or demo is actually released, but perhaps a forum for videos and/or Twitch channels? Possibly in the Booya Base or maybe even it's own section. I request this not only because myself, (and of course Warchamp), have Twitch channels, because while Squidboards will be the Brain of the community, I feel streamers will likely become the heart of the Splatoon community.

YouTube
Matches.
Match Analysis.
Video Guides.
Compilation Videos.

Twitch
Viewer Matches.
Lessons.
Streamed Matches.
Streamed Season Matches.

By no means am I suggesting each of these things should have their own subforum or anything of that nature. Just things to keep in consideration when visual medias such as YouTube and Twitch are eventually incorporated into Squidboards proper.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Basically more smilies/emoticons would be nice. Can't think of anything else for the time being.
Can you also add a trollface icon just for kicks;)

K2LTen

Inkling
I'm not sure if this already been suggested (sorry if this is the case) since I just signed up for this site now and haven't read all of the posts, but embedding livestreams to the navigation bar or something of the sort would be cool. Example is how MKBoards has their livestreams hooked up - http://i.imgur.com/DBRkv3K.png

The site looks great so far by the way!

EDIT: Also adding a "recent posts" feature to the side or something would be sweet.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
It'd be nice to see more sub-forums in the Crispy Calamari area (and maybe more places). Like Forum Games, Nintendo General, Entertainment, etc.

Or it could even be more game specific like Mario Kart, Smash, Pokemon, etc. Just my two-cents, I'm on some other forums where they do that and it works out fine. :)

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
Is there going to be a board dedicated for clans to advertise and seek applicants?
Like crews right. I was going to propose this but i didn't see a forum for it but just a thread in Smashboards I may be wrong. I already have a conversation set as my first crew of friends. I called it Inkzooka Crew. But I'm not sure were this would be if the Inkopolis Plaza or the multiplayer Forums. Would love to see that and reserve the thread for future splatoon clans. crew clans with all respect seem to work way more better for Splatoon than Smash as Smash is a colection of players taking turns. On Splatoon a whole team can participate at the same time. So Splatoon Crews are sure to be popular grouplings for inklings. I got mine taken already; the Inkzooka Crew ;)

littlehero6

Inkling
It would be cool to see sub forums for all the different weapon types or flairs for the weapon that you main.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Uhm... maybe I'm just blind, but I can't seem to find options for basic forum functions, like number of posts per page and such.

If that's really not here, could we get that, please?

...And if it is here, could someone please tell me where to look?

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
@Warchamp7

Please consider making a "Teams" forum in the competitive section where people can create their own teams and recruit their own members as they see fit. This game was designed for 4v4s in mind, having teams pit against one another with a win/loss record would be great in terms of competitive. It's a standard thing in many shooters, Splatoon is no different in this regard.

Of course, there's the problem of voice chat and communication, but that can be decided by the teams themselves; it's already a discussion here elsewhere on SQ.
I 2nd this. Perfect for clans.

hotdogturtle

Inkling
Just jumping on the pile of people who have already mentioned it... There needs to be either more variations of the Octoboards theme, or change the text color to be lighter so it stands out more against the grey background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom