Super Mario Maker

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
One thing that does annoy me is having to delete all of my uploaded levels and place a checkpoint in a fair spot losing all of my stars and comments. But if checkpoints will make some levels playable to some people, I'll do it. At least you don't lose your overall star total.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
CHECKPOINTS
YES
FINALLY

VARIABLE POWER-UPS
THIS IS SO GOOD
HOPEFULLY IT WORKS WITH MORE THAN JUST FIRE FLOWERS THO

OTHER STUFF
NOT AS GREAT AS THOSE FIRST TWO THINGS
BUT STILL NICE

One thing that does annoy me is having to delete all of my uploaded levels and place a checkpoint in a fair spot losing all of my stars and comments. But if checkpoints will make some levels playable to some people, I'll do it. At least you don't lose your overall star total.
Y'know, it'd be nice if you could just overwrite a course without losing the stars and comments on it. Maybe they'll include that around the same time they include slopes (at least, I hope so).

Also, crap I haven't looked into this thread in some time. Haven't really felt creative enough to go on Mario Maker in a while either (though last time I did I finally had over 50 stars. Which'll be nice, when I have new levels to upload).

And damn there're a lot of levels here, I'm gonna have to get playing some of those tonight.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Thanks guys. It'll be annoying having to test what's fair and what isn't for checkpoints. But I'm glad stars are kept. Also variable powerups are an amazing feature I'll see myself using A LOT.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
awesome we can retain stars, and checkpoints coming. but not to derail the conversation too much, after the first "tutorial" stage, where you complete the game in a bowser mushroom costume- does anyone know if other costume mario suits have custom dialogue when you beat them in challenges? i'm very curious to know, if it already hasn't been addressed yet.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
awesome we can retain stars, and checkpoints coming. but not to derail the conversation too much, after the first "tutorial" stage, where you complete the game in a bowser mushroom costume- does anyone know if other costume mario suits have custom dialogue when you beat them in challenges? i'm very curious to know, if it already hasn't been addressed yet.
The chance of actually finishing 100 Mario Challenge on a Mario 1 Mystery Mushroom level is very rare. And besides a very select few (I'd wager Peach, Luigi, Toad, and Bowser at the most as I've only seen Bowser) most have a generic message from Peach/Toad saying thanks and leaving it at that. They don't even mention the name of the character you're playing as.

Not only that, you'll have to pray you'll keep your costume long enough to the end without getting hit. Needless to say, it rarely happens. Almost never on Expert. Try Easy (for Toad) and Normal (For Peach) if you're curious, but be prepared to skip like crazy until you find a level.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
The chance of actually finishing 100 Mario Challenge on a Mario 1 Mystery Mushroom level is very rare. And besides a very select few (I'd wager Peach, Luigi, Toad, and Bowser at the most as I've only seen Bowser) most have a generic message from Peach/Toad saying thanks and leaving it at that. They don't even mention the name of the character you're playing as.

Not only that, you'll have to pray you'll keep your costume long enough to the end without getting hit. Needless to say, it rarely happens. Almost never on Expert. Try Easy (for Toad) and Normal (For Peach) if you're curious, but be prepared to skip like crazy until you find a level.
that's the problem. no one seems to know. i made a level to combat this problem, and hoped they'd show up on youtube or something. but nothing...

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
that's the problem. no one seems to know. i made a level to combat this problem, and hoped they'd show up on youtube or something. but nothing...
There are over a million levels uploaded to the game's servers. Which makes this a massive pain in the anemone. Honestly it would be easier to just datamine the unique lines said and leave it at that, but no data miner is going to do that for an easter egg.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I did try both Peach and Toad in 10 mario challenge. Toad pretty much does the same thing, except the one toad calls him Captain. Peach is a little more different, Toad first asks how you escaped, then notices it's just a costume.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I did try both Peach and Toad in 10 mario challenge. Toad pretty much does the same thing, except the one toad calls him Captain. Peach is a little more different, Toad first asks how you escaped, then notices it's just a costume.
awesome. wonder if they all have dialogue...

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
For 10 Mario Challenge, Toad gets super scared when you're using the Bowser costume. "Bowser!? What are you doing here! I thought you took the Princess to another castle!" Or something like that.

From experience, all of the non Mario characters only get generic dialogue such as "Thank you, but the princess is in another castle!" for Toad anyway. Peach is same as she usually says but take out the "Mario". I am really curious what happens if you play as Bowser and finish Normal and especially Expert.

EDIT:
Here's two levels I'm proud of rn

Heresy: F555-0000-00C5-3153
Explore the grounds of an abandoned church, then go to hell to atone for your sins.

Spiny Sewers: 5800-0000-00B5-3C4E
Exactly what it says
Nice and fun levels. I flagged and starred all four that you uploaded. I liked them.
waluigis escape
E4A8-0000-00C7-2A7A
Really fun level! I guess I get the honor of being the first one to star it! :)

@Ink Gunner Emily I noticed you played some of my levels! Thank you!

Last edited:

kellie

Inkling
NNID
tristessa78
Check this one

4ea9-0000-00A2-f0fa

A house in which ghosts live

Last edited:

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
Heey. Fledgling maker looking to get levels seen more.

Here's some of my most starred:

Cape Training Remix - 18C8-0000-0048-605F
Best of Donkey Kong Country #1 - 46AB-0000-005E-63A3
Corneria - 3521-0000-0090-4368
Best of Donkey Kong Country #2 - 2149-0000-0063-393E

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm finally caught up with all of the levels shared here.

Check this one

4ea9-0000-0082-f0fa

A house in which ghosts live
Code doesn't work.
Heey. Fledgling maker looking to get levels seen more.

Here's some of my most starred:

Cape Training Remix - 18C8-0000-0048-605F
Best of Donkey Kong Country #1 - 46AB-0000-005E-63A3
Corneria - 3521-0000-0090-4368
Best of Donkey Kong Country #2 - 2149-0000-0063-393E
Nice levels. I hope you didn't mind, but I starred all the levels you uploaded.

Since I'm done with World 8 in my game, I'm now just making whatever the heck I like. Here's a Sky World inspired level. I can't do anything about the Airship ambiance though. Also, it's the last level I'm making pre-update tomorrow.

Cloudy Puff Climb
543D-0000-00D4-CD48

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
I'm finally caught up with all of the levels shared here.

Code doesn't work.

Nice levels. I hope you didn't mind, but I starred all the levels you uploaded.

Since I'm done with World 8 in my game, I'm now just making whatever the heck I like. Here's a Sky World inspired level. I can't do anything about the Airship ambiance though. Also, it's the last level I'm making pre-update tomorrow.

Cloudy Puff Climb
543D-0000-00D4-CD48
Yeah, I've got this level called Kreepy Kastle in the works that I'm waiting for checkpoints before upload.

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
Well, I finally got Super Mario Maker. Behold, my first course (that I actually liked enough to upload):

Unsafe Working Conditions
6AB7-0000-00D5-7AC3

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Update is LIVE! Go download it and share your new creations here once you're done. I'll have to completely overhaul all 8 worlds with better design and new pieces. Also, most of them will have checkpoints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom