Super Mario Maker

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Just finished this sweet baby: 9E62-0000-0039-FAEF
been working on her for days. Feel free to try my other two levels, they're super simple and easy.
Hopefully this new one will prove challenging ;D

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@SkyBlue That one you made was brutal. Haha... I died over 30 times until I beat it.
The other two were great uses of the SFX. And who doesn't like Yoshi?

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
@SkyBlue That one you made was brutal. Haha... I died over 30 times until I beat it.
The other two were great uses of the SFX. And who doesn't like Yoshi?
thank you! :D
I was hoping it'd be a challenge. Didn't have much time but to finish it, but I'll definitely follow and try yours tomorrow! ^w^
(also the title is talking about that one pipe, you know the one ;3 )
edit: holy geez I just checked and your the only one to clear it!(out of 70 people) CONGRATS! I didn't think it was that hard x.x I guess I hid it too well.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
thank you! :D
I was hoping it'd be a challenge. Didn't have much time but to finish it, but I'll definitely follow and try yours tomorrow! ^w^
(also the title is talking about that one pipe, you know the one ;3 )
edit: holy geez I just checked and your the only one to clear it!(out of 70 people) CONGRATS! I didn't think it was that hard x.x I guess I hid it too well.
Thank you! It's a memorization level. A lot of my deaths were from trial and error. When I died from one of the traps I was then "So that's where that is"
despite that, If I'm off my groove I usually die from the same stuff. :P Yeah, that pipe was cleverly hidden haha. I'm really good at Mario so a lot of
levels that should be hard aren't (will some of you guys stop putting Lakitus in your levels for challenge? I kill them easily and then use their cloud
to break your level.)

I hope you enjoy the levels tomorrow and thanks for trying them. :)
I really like the levels you guys put up. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next!

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
And my brother completed the four NWC Courses last night, the last one made him quite crossed.
Haha, yeah, those were tricky. Especially the last one, almost ran out of time on that one.
Still, they were fun, and I have Luigi Mushroom now.

I'm getting to the end of my upload limit, but here's four more courses.
This one's a short World 2 course.

BA54-0000-0037-9F58

And these three are World 3 Courses, they may be hard or easy, depends on the player.

DE45-0000-0037-A054
10F8-0000-0037-A12C
A2A3-0000-0037-A216
I played through all of these, they were nice (though I couldn't write a comment for some reason). Yoshi kinda breaks that third one (the one with Yoshi in the name, at least it feels like it might actually be difficult without Yoshi to flutter over everything with), but that's not so bad really.

Also, @SkyBlue I'll try your levels out tomorrow. I would've done it tonight, but I spent that time tweaking one of the levels I just uploaded so I could beat it.

(will some of you guys stop putting Lakitus in your levels for challenge? I kill them easily and then use their cloud
to break your level.)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sorry, I just spent like two days making a couple of ride-Lakitu's-clouds-through-death-course levels, so the thought of Lakitu's cloud breaking a level is kinda funny to me.

Here are a couple of levels based around riding Lakitu's cloud. They're tricky (the second one especially), but doable.
Lakitu Cloud Course [Beginner] (please start with this one, it's much easier than Head In The Clouds): 0B99-0000-0034-D9E9 No longer exists, see a ways down the page for Lakitu Cloud Course, it's the same one.
Head In The Clouds (was originally LCC [Expert], but then it became its own thing. Also I spent like two hours beating this level so I could upload it, so please give it a shot): 2885-0000-003B-15EE

Good luck!

Last edited:

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Thank you! It's a memorization level. A lot of my deaths were from trial and error. When I died from one of the traps I was then "So that's where that is"
despite that, If I'm off my groove I usually die from the same stuff. :p Yeah, that pipe was cleverly hidden haha. I'm really good at Mario so a lot of
levels that should be hard aren't (will some of you guys stop putting Lakitus in your levels for challenge? I kill them easily and then use their cloud
to break your level.)

I hope you enjoy the levels tomorrow and thanks for trying them. :)
I really like the levels you guys put up. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next!
xD
everyone I see/watch/read complains about lakitu spam levels.
The only time I put lakitu in is to spam coins. I can make enough things fall from the sky and try to kill you, I don't need a cloud riding turtle to do it for me. (plus using pipes feels so much more satisfying)

@ILikeKirbys That's fine! I'll be playing yours and @Noire levels tomorrow. or try to. I'm pretty below average on my platforming skills. Making them is super fun though.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
9405-0000-003A-B2BC

Took me 2 days to beat so I could upload it; I look forward to everyone here telling me it was a breeze and finding out I'm just **** at playing Mario.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@ILikeKirbys Yoshi Cove is supposed to be really, really easy if you hold on to Yoshi.
It's my first attempt at a Yoshi Level so I get that he breaks it somewhat. I wanted it to be a little relaxing.
Glad you liked the other courses though. :) Oh, I beat your easy Lakitu level,
and after many, many, many deaths, I beat Head in the Clouds!

BOOM! That feels good.
Also, thank you for teaching me the spiked enemy spin jump. Oh, Brilliant use of the Lakitu Cloud.

@Cuddlefish I just beat your level and it's really hard. Especially room #2 and room #4. You're definitely
not bad if you can beat it. A lot of players can't even handle my simple castle level! They would just
quit at the second room in your level. I got a great challenge from it.

@SkyBlue Using Lakitu for coins is a great idea.

I just ran into two levels in 100 Mario Challenge that I broke by using Lakitu's cloud.
What some people don't realize is that Lakitu stays on the horizontal plane you place him in, so
what people should really do is place him just high enough where the player has no
hope of reaching him if they really wanted him to be a nuisance.

Last edited:

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I've been on the hunt for some good Mario Maker levels. I'll try the ones in this thread out when I get out of class in a few hours.

...I've also been on the hunt for places to shamelessly advertise my courses.

The Pits - DA48-0000-0020-98D5 (SMB3 style)
Somewhat inspired by the Crash Bandicoot 2 level of the same name, it features PITS and a split path towards the end.

Sledge Bro's Hideout - 2660-0000-0021-2129 (SMB style)
A small trek through the hideout of the evil Sledge Bro and his hammer bro henchmen, finishing off with a forced boss battle with the sledge bro.

Monty Mining Co. - 1B0C-0000-0026-035C (NSMBU style)
A fairly simple level with moles as the main enemies present. Fairly easy in my opinion.

Ashley's Spooky Mansion - EE39-0000-0032-DE79 (SMB style)
Take a tour through Ashley's mansion, filled with ghosts, dry bones, and man-eating plants! Oh my! This was an attempt to include a small puzzle within a level.

I don't expect people to play all of these courses, or any of them, but a guy can try, right?

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@StayPuft Your levels are nice to look at and nice to play as well! I had fun playing through them.
Now back to the 100 Mario Challenge and see what horrors people have made...

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
@ILikeKirbys Yoshi Cove is supposed to be really, really easy if you hold on to Yoshi.
It's my first attempt at a Yoshi Level so I get that he breaks it somewhat. I wanted it to be a little relaxing.
Glad you liked the other courses though. :)
Well, I liked Yoshi Cove too (even if I forgot the name), I just wasn't sure it was supposed to be that easily broken by Yoshi's presence.

Oh, I beat your easy Lakitu level,
and after many, many, many deaths, I beat Head in the Clouds!

BOOM! That feels good.
Also, thank you for teaching me the spiked enemy spin jump. Oh, Brilliant use of the Lakitu Cloud.
Thanks! Glad you liked them.

I just ran into two levels in 100 Mario Challenge that I broke by using Lakitu's cloud.
What some people don't realize is that Lakitu stays on the horizontal plane you place him in, so
what people should really do is place him just high enough where the player has no
hope of reaching him if they really wanted him to be a nuisance.
I'll be

@SkyBlue Your level stumped me. No idea what to do after getting the Clown Car. Good level though, at least from as far as I got.

@Cuddlefish I'm not good enough to make the trampoline jump in the third room. Nice level though, well-designed.

@StayPuft So that's how you force a boss fight! Good to know.
I beat all of your levels, they're pretty good. Ashley's Spooky Mansion in particular had me puzzled for a bit (kept thinking there would be a P-Switch somewhere).

Into the 100-Mario Challenge for me as well. I wanna see more costumes.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'll be making my next level now. But it'll take more effort because I want to make it good.
I had another level idea but I'm not in the mood for 100 Mario Lottery right now.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I'll be making my next level now. But it'll take more effort because I want to make it good.
I had another level idea but I'm not in the mood for 100 Mario Lottery right now.
your levels are so much fun!
I especially love your ghost train level. Unfortunately it won't let me comment for some reason, but I did beat it!
Inspired my next level too. Gonna make a ghost house ^w^

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
your levels are so much fun!
I especially love your ghost train level. Unfortunately it won't let me comment for some reason, but I did beat it!
Inspired my next level too. Gonna make a ghost house ^w^
Yeah, Kirby had the same problem and it won't let him comment... Hmm, I'm going to have to look at my miiverse settings.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Getting on now, gonna tackle the NWC levels and hopefully beat them, then do a few of y'alls ^w^
Yeah, the NWCs can get kinda difficult.

@ILikeKirbys one of the pipes hanging above your head in one of the rooms is the exit ;3
Ah, I think I get it. You mean where the Podoboo-cannons are, yeah? Hadn't thought of that. I'll beat it later, thanks mate.

Also, I deleted Lakitu Cloud Course [Beginner], since there won't be an Expert version (well, there is, but it's Head In The Clouds, not a Lakitu Cloud Course). Reuploaded it as Lakitu Cloud Course, and made a couple of other levels as well. Here they are, if you want to try 'em:
Lakitu Cloud Course (was previously LCC [Beginner], but Expert has a different name, so I removed Beginner from the name; contains autoscrolling, requires cloud-riding skills, not too difficult I don't think): 0771-0000-003E-CD59
Bowser's Spring Castle (Warning: Contains springs, requires jumping on Bullet Bills, still fairly easy though): 3409-0000-003E-8641
Airship Graveyard (Warning: Contains autoscrolling, Lakitu throwing fireballs, Lakitu throwing Boo Buddies, Lakitus not breaking the level, kinda tough): D264-0000-003E-CAFD

None of these are as difficult as Head In The Clouds (I might make something along those lines again soon, depends on how the water level I'm working on goes), but Airship Graveyard is still fairly tricky.

Alsoalso, to unlock Builder Mario's mystery costume:
Shake the Muncher until 3 flies come out (will also happen on its own on occasion, but always happens when shaking a Muncher). Swat them on the gamepad and you'll start a minigame. Beat it to unlock Builder Mario.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I changed my miiverse settings so you can post on my levels now.

@ILikeKirbys The Lakitu Cloud stage is the same, but I found it a lot easier no thanks
to Head in the Clouds. :p
The Haunted Ship was actually a little difficult at first. But once I figured it out, it was a lot of fun!
Bowser's Spring Castle is my favorite though, great use of the springs.

EDIT: Level's gone and it will be replaced with one that will hopefully be a lot better.

Last edited:

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
5AA8-0000-0040-0044

This was originally going to be much longer and have a higher difficulty curve, but mid-way through making the level I learn that there's a limit to how many warp pipes you can have. I consider this more of a proof-of-concept now; I'll probably revisit this idea later with the knowledge that I'm limited to far fewer rooms, and will try to make something more thought-out then.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
@Cuddlefish How were you supposed to beat that last room? I just ran through with invincibility from getting hit, grabbed a leaf on the way down, then got across the Munchers before I ran out and tail-whacked the bricks.
Good level though, fairly challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom