Super Mario Maker

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Maybe it's a per day limit. Like you can only unlock so many costumes from each difficulty setting a day, and then the game will tell you to continue tomorrow.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Maybe it's a per day limit. Like you can only unlock so many costumes from each difficulty setting a day, and then the game will tell you to continue tomorrow.
Sadly, the game straight up tells you you're done for that difficulty. :c
"You've unlocked all of the Mystery Mushroom Costumes for this difficulty! Play a different one to unlock more!"
Something like that. I would have stuck to Easy if you could unlock a certain amount per day.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
That was... odd.
I'll upload a batch of levels eventually, but I only finished 1 so far. :/
I can't wait to see what else this community can make.

And I got my second medal. That means I can upload 10 more levels.
So, I better get started on making stuff.

EDIT: Speaking of Mario, my bro just showed me this awesome video.

Last edited:

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I would really appreciate if someone critiqued this level here: 27F0-0000-004C-9DFE

Standard Medium/Hard airship levels with a few design twists and boss battles with Yoshi.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I would really appreciate if someone critiqued this level here: 27F0-0000-004C-9DFE

Standard Medium/Hard airship levels with a few design twists and boss battles with Yoshi.
Squiliam, your course code doesn't seem to work.

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
P Switch Cave (Needs a better name)
A6D2-0000-004D-5060 Tried to make a gimmicky stage with less things trying to kill you :V

Not Kaizo V1.8
7124-0000-004D-92DB
Revised version of my Not Kaizo Stage, changed a couple things (especially the beginning of the stage), its more challenging (knowing the mechanics I suppose), and less BS :V hidden items to help out with the course.

Blobface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
everyone1
If any of you felt like permanently damaging your psyche today, 6F9D-0000-0052-317A.

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
Oh I don't expect you to play Kaizo again. :V after the first time lol. @Noire

Glad you liked the P switch level, but it seems some ppl are still having trouble with it ; w;'''''

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
@Zero Revolution That was pretty clever! And a bit difficult, until I realized what was killing me out of nowhere. I completely forgot about SMB3 Koopas coming back out of their shells after a while!

@Blobface I couldn't get past the giant Spiny on Munchers in the third room. Up until then was nice, though.

Oh I don't expect you to play Kaizo again. :V after the first time lol. @Noire

Glad you liked the P switch level, but it seems some ppl are still having trouble with it ; w;'''''
Yeah, I've got the same problem on most of my levels. @Noire is the only person who completed any outside of Pipes of Peril and Airship Assault (some people probably beat Lakitu Cloud Course before I reuploaded it, but I didn't think to check before deleting so I dunno). I knew Head In The Clouds would get that kind of clear rate (took me like 4 hours to clear it so I could upload, so... yeah...), but the others don't seem that tough to me, so I dunno what I'm doing wrong.
Also, I played your P-Switch level. It's good, at least I think so

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
@ILikeKirbys Oh yeah, I've tried head in the clouds, it was really fun but 4 hours? <___< I don't even have that patience. I've only gotten as far as the sub area, those spikes are hard to traverse.

As for the P Switch level, it wasn't really supposed to be challenging yet, just a little hard. I'm assuming the people that played my level aren't used to older Mario styles? Its the only thing I can think of that could explain why there isn't many clears. :/

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Alrighty, here's 4 levels if any of you want to play them. They're pretty easy though.

CED8-0000-0045-A8B8 (I shared the code earlier in the topic but here it is again is case anyone missed it.)
4C4F-0000-0053-5ABA
A14A-0000-0053-5BE5
A18F-0000-0053-5CF2

Now I'll get started on the Kaizo level made by @Agadez
And hopefully get my way to everybody's levels today.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
@Noire I just played your levels. Quite fun!
The last one's really tricky without the Propeller Mushroom, but I like that it's still doable that way.

@ILikeKirbys you can spin jump off of walls just like a wall jump.
i know, I'm just not able to land on the damn Spiny (hit the spikes instead). But like I said, it's good as far as I got, and once I finally stick that landing, I'm sure the rest of the level will be good too.

@ILikeKirbys Oh yeah, I've tried head in the clouds, it was really fun but 4 hours? <___< I don't even have that patience. I've only gotten as far as the sub area, those spikes are hard to traverse.
Yeah, I was trying to make the Turbo Tunnel in Mario when I made that (that's . They're kinda difficult the first 40 or so times, but after that the only truly hard part is when you get out of the sub area and are surrounded by giant Spinies that shoot spikes all over while you still have to dodge Spike Tops and jump between Lakitu Clouds.

As for the P Switch level, it wasn't really supposed to be challenging yet, just a little hard. I'm assuming the people that played my level aren't used to older Mario styles? Its the only thing I can think of that could explain why there isn't many clears. :/
That could be it. I haven't posted any NSMB-style levels yet either, so that could be why damn near nobody's beaten most of 'em.

Speaking of which, here's a NSMB-styled level:
Super Sprint Road: 1112-0000-0053-6CB0

And a couple of levels that... I was going for "Hammer Bros level", but it might not have ended that way. This is the original. A bit tricky, but I don't think it's particularly difficult.
Hammer Bro Isles: 73D2-0000-0053-E92

And a remixed version. Took a bit of inspiration from New Super Luigi U on this one, it's mostly the same, but harder, and shorter.
Luigi's Hammer Bro Isles: 8F27-0000-0054-00F8

Give 'em a try if you'd like.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Agadez The new version is quite nice. The beginning took me while to figure out.
The second room is a lot easier. Once Bowser Jr. goes down, you've pretty much beaten
the level unless you don't know where the hidden blocks are at in the next room.

I'll try out the level made by @Blobface in a bit. But it's another hard level so I'm waiting a little bit
before I attempt it.

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
You succeeded at making turbo tunnel incarnate lol @ILikeKirbys I'll be giving your levels a whirl too. :V
Update: I'm terrible at balancing on springs ; w;

@Noire Yeah, its the same level with a few tweaks, and theres actually some power mushrooms (hidden blocks of course) in a couple spots, and one secret room. Guess I'll get started on a sequel.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Blobface I got all the way to the last section in the sky area with the thowmp and I can't go any further than that. It's too much for me.
@Agadez I can't wait to see your sequel, and anything else you make.
@ILikeKirbys Wow! Your levels were a lot of fun! Hammer Bro Isles and it's remix are very creative.
And the speed level is a nice one too. I can't wait to try more from you!

I forgot to mention, if you want Bowser or Bowser Jr. to have a boss theme when they appear on screen, use the "Bowser Face" icon
in the SFX tools and put it on them, it'll play the boss theme instead of the level theme when they appear on screen and
it will return to normal once they're defeated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom