Super Mario Maker

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Just finished my newest course!
Ghosts have to exercise too! F66E-0000-0040-320A
Hope y'all enjoy it! I had a lot of fun making it. I think I'll do a castle one next. ^w^

Last edited:

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
@Cuddlefish How were you supposed to beat that last room? I just ran through with invincibility from getting hit, grabbed a leaf on the way down, then got across the Munchers before I ran out and tail-whacked the bricks.
Good level though, fairly challenging.
Hidden blocks, and frick, I thought I'd spaced things out so the room couldn't be beaten that way.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
So I just made the purchase today, and finally have Super Mario Maker! I was really busy today so I've only made one level, but for only having the first set, I'm pretty proud of it. :3 Here's the code if anyone wants to try it out: F8F4-0000-003F-6E07

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@ILikeKirbys Actually, there were hidden blocks on the left of the room. What you're supposed to do I guess find the hidden
blocks leading set up to lead you above the pipes and then follow it down and wack the blocks with Raccoon Mario.

Edit: Whoa, computer glitch there, didn't see all of those posts after Kirby's haha.
Once I trade with my bro and finish my Hoenn dex and I'll get started on everyone's levels.

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
E2B8-0000-0030-3EC8

This takes alot of trial and error but if you can keep the spinning (most of the time) Koopa Shell alive until the end of the level, I'd be hugely impressed!

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
Been watching a lot of Kaizo gameplay for inspiration, sadly I couldn't replicate every idea but some.

Fixed: 7124-0000-004D-92DB

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Pareto I beat your level... but I had to have a little help. I figured out where to take Mr. Koopa until the last part.
I had to download your level to finally figure out the last part. It took me 7 hours of trial and error to beat that
and I feel bad for downloading the level, I feel like a cheater...

@Agadez I'll play your level when I wake up. (I'm a night owl). Pareto's level took every last bit of my energy for tonight.

@SkyBlue Your level was so much fun! I loved the "Haunted Gym" theme.

@Zero Revolution That's your first level? Wow, It's better than my first level if you ask me.
I had a good time on it.

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
I actually got a lot of catching up to do with all the stages posted here, but excited to try them out later after class nonetheless.

Hope you enjoy my first level! :V @Noire

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
@Noire Don't feel that way! I'm amazingly impressed that you made it through and it's such an incredible feat! I should be the one feeling bad about putting you through all of that :( Golly, major kudos for going the extra mile and analyzing the stage!

Altogether, the course is a huge challenge and I probably should have put in those Miiverse Note things but I have no idea how and have no idea if it's unlocked yet so I had to suffice with sticking coins around the area. I think I ought to work on toning down these levels to be more accessible instead of being a speedy puzzle game.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
F710-0000-0042-A9CA

Another proof-of-concept level. I wonder how many people will figure out the trick here.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
E0FD-0000-0044-275C

A bit of a quicky; I wanted to make a level that was designed around looks first, and tried out a way of depicting sails in SMM.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Agadez It took me awhile to figure out that level. The beginning was brutal! The ending was very clever.

@Cuddlefish I think I figured out your trick.
Grab the Spiny Shell from the cloud and then go down the pipe holding on to it. Mario will
immediately put it on his head before he goes down the pipe, Uses your new hat to kill the thwomps
trying to pound you and at the end, there's some 1-Ups out of a pipe.

Oh and and nice airship level. It looks really, really nice.

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
@Noire The beginning part was inspired by another Mario maker stage lol, but as I progress in the later parts, I just made it trickier. Hoped you liked it. = w=

I'm currently going through you're levels. :V And I gotta say, I like how traditional they are, I might just go with something simple next couple stages, instead of going bonkers. xP

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Your level was hard, but it was a good challenge. I liked it quite a bit.
I wanted to design traditional levels because that's what I grew up on. I could make my levels rip your hair out,
but I wanted to design levels that I would like to play.

EDIT: @Pareto Hey don't feel bad! If I don't like a level, I wouldn't have put up with it. Like many of the junk
I find at 100 Mario Challenge. Protecting Mr. Koopa was a great concept, it requires very high skill
but it's really, really clever and in the end it was a lot of fun once I figured out how to protect him.
Especially in the end where he saves you from certain death
right before you hit the flagpole!

Also, It may just be me. But I skip auto play levels in 100 Mario Challenge because they're boring.
I want to get Mario to the goal, not have the level do it for me. Now back to 100 Mario Challenge,
I want to unlock Lucina but I just got Tingle...>_>

EDIT 2: Alright, I just got Pit and now the game is telling me to unlock the more costumes I'll
have to play Expert since I got too much from both Easy and Normal. Hahahahahahaha......

NO. Lucina can stay locked.

Last edited:

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
Hey don't feel bad! If I don't like a level, I wouldn't have put up with it. Like many of the junk
I find at 100 Mario Challenge. Protecting Mr. Koopa was a great concept, it requires very high skill
but it's really, really clever and in the end it was a lot of fun once I figured out how to protect him.
Hehe thanks! I guess we also have different solutions. I'm very impressed by your aptitude and skill!

I posted my solution just in case you or anyone else wants to know the way I did mine. And I've also included in two changes that I'm thinking on putting in.

Tricks needed: Item Toss (grab an item and let go of the grab) and Item Drop (grab an item and hold down when letting go of the grab).

1.) Jump on the Koopa and make the shell spin through its own path. You'll climb up where the coin trail is.
2.) There's a spring on top. Drop the spring into the hole right ahead and move to the next section.
3.) Once the shell comes up, you'll jump over each Piranha Plant. Grab the spring and the star that the shell will knock out for you.
4.) Run through the narrow path with Piranha Plants. When you see a hole on the left of the split path, drop the spring in and go right (coin trail).
5.) The star will run out and you'll bounce on the Goomba's head and position yourself under the lone brown block. Your shell will come by and you need to stop the shell from moving by hitting the brown block at the right time.
6.) Pick up the stopped shell, bring it down to your corridor, and then toss it to the left. Once the brown block on the bottom breaks, you'll run right and crouch where the coin is.
7.) The shell will bounce on the spring and over your head. Pick up that spring and follow the coin trail on the spring that leads upward.
8.) Drop the spring you're holding into the hole so that the shell can make it to the next area.
9.) Climb upward and the shell will knock the ! block. You'll get a mushroom which you will then use for invincibility across the spikes.
10.) Once you drop down, grab the spring on your immediate left. Stand underneath the brown blocks and wait for the mushroom to come by you.
11.) Once you get the mushroom, break a layer of the brown blocks. You get about one second before the spiny hits you.
12.) Your shell will come down and knock into the ! block as well as the spiny. Grab the star and follow the spike path with coins.
13.) Reach the lone block and toss your spring left. It should land in the hole with the coin. Proceed through the rest of the spike corridor and stand where the pair of coins are.
14.) You now get three tries to stop your shell by hopping on it. If you don't get it then, it'll fall into the pit on the right.
15.) When you stop your shell, pick it up and climb to the top. Drop down the hole on the right.
16.) If your shell touches a Piranha Plant, you'll fail the stage. You need to turn away from the enemies in mid-air to protect the shell.
17.) Drop your shell on the ground and pick it up. This is to prevent the Koopa from reviving itself in your arms.
18.) Climb to the top again and drop down. Same concept as the last drop.
19.) Climb to the top of the next section. Grab the mushroom and break the brown block.
20.) You need to become small to fit in the next section. You can do this by tossing the shell to the wall and stopping it or letting the Koopa revive in your arms.
21.) Go to the next section and toss your shell to make an opening past the Giant Goombas.
22.) Follow your shell and grab the spring. Hop into the hole on the right and drop down.
23.) Drop your spring down into the hole with the mushroom on the bottom. Drop down, collect the mushroom, and then bounce right back up.
24.) Jump past the spike and maybe take a hit to make yourself small again (Patching: I'm looking to make it mandatory to get hit).
25.) Grab the spring on the left and bring it right. Drop the spring at the edge of the 2-length hole.
26.) A spring should be up on the right. Grab it and drop down into the narrow hole. You'll land on another spring.
27.) Drop the spring you're holding in the next hole. Then grab the spring you landed on earlier.
28.) Toss that spring from where the coin is. It should land on the middle of the empty platform on the right.
29.) If you did all of this quick enough, the shell should eventually bounce over your head.
30.) Once that happens, take the spring on front of you and bounce up. Tilt right once you're at the peak of your jump to reach the bottom of two corridors. Your shell should be taking the corridor right above you.
31.) Follow the corridor while keeping the spinning shell in your screen. You'll land in a section with a coin trail.
32.) Follow the coin trail and eventually return back once the shell bounces left. It will eventually hit the ! block and spew out a Giant Koopa. (Patching: I'm thinking on moving the ! block one unit right and blocking its left side).
33.) Watch out as the cannon will fire a horizontal spring that will shove the Giant Koopa at you. When in range, hop on the Koopa and launch the giant shell to the right.
34.) You need to be near the shell for it to go the full length. As you get closer to the goal, there is a small crack that you have to crouch into once the giant shell rebounds. Spinys from the pipe will block you from going backwards so the crack should be the only way to survive.
35.) Once the giant shell clears away, you'll jump to the goal post.

Last edited:

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Your level was hard, but it was a good challenge. I liked it quite a bit.
I wanted to design traditional levels because that's what I grew up on. I could make my levels rip your hair out,
but I wanted to design levels that I would like to play.

EDIT: @Pareto Hey don't feel bad! If I don't like a level, I wouldn't have put up with it. Like many of the junk

Also, It may just be me. But I skip auto play levels in 100 Mario Challenge because they're boring.
I want to get Mario to the goal, not have the level do it for me. Now back to 100 Mario Challenge,
I want to unlock Lucina but I just got Tingle...>_>

EDIT 2: Alright, I just got Pit and now the game is telling me to unlock the more costumes I'll
have to play Expert since I got too much from both Easy and Normal. Hahahahahahaha......

NO. Lucina can stay locked.
dang, I've been doing lots of easy, but if it really does that then I won't be unlocking all either. I've seen videos of expert, I'm not subjugating myself to that.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
dang, I've been doing lots of easy, but if it really does that then I won't be unlocking all either. I've seen videos of expert, I'm not subjugating myself to that.
My brother must be crazy because he'll do expert in my steed. The first costume he got? Lucina. Okay game.
He then did Expert again and got Zelda.

And yes, there is a cap on the amount of costumes on Easy and Normal that you can unlock.
Eventually you're forced to play Expert if you want all of them without amiibo.

EDIT: I deleted my Octo Valley course for now. I'll do a cool Splatoon stage eventually.
Here's another amiibo costume stage, but more work was put into this one.
CED8-0000-0045-A8B8

EDIT 2: So apparently I'm wrong, I just read that you can get any costume at any difficulty.
I assume some costumes have a higher chance at being unlocked than others however.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom