Octobrush Crackerjack
49B2-0000-0079-3727
Really tried to go traditional here. :V SMB3 style

@Noire Np, I enjoyed the levels. :P

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I couldn't play any levels last night due to getting the 101-0502 error. (COOOOOOOOMMCASSTTT!!!!) This also prevented my brother from playing Splatoon online last night. It's fixed once I woke up.

@Agadez Really nice traditional level. Felt like it belongs in a actual Mario game. Because I felt like I was actually playing SMB3 for a second.

@Ink Gunner Emily Finding that one door was tricky in Boo's Door Destiny. It took me a couple of lives, but I enjoyed that level a lot! Coral Maze is actually one of the better maze levels I've seen especially since it's the NSMBU theme. I think your level was the first NSMBU Maze level that I actually enjoyed.

I got my third medal, so I can upload 30 courses. But I'm still waiting to unlock Gold and Silver Mario first before I make any more courses.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
@Ink Gunner Emily Finding that one door was tricky in Boo's Door Destiny. It took me a couple of lives, but I enjoyed that level a lot! Coral Maze is actually one of the better maze levels I've seen especially since it's the NSMBU theme. I think your level was the first NSMBU Maze level that I actually enjoyed.

I got my third medal, so I can upload 30 courses. But I'm still waiting to unlock Gold and Silver Mario first before I make any more courses.
Yeah, the Boo's Door Destiny level was built to be tricky with the doors more than the level itself. I'm actually surprised that it costed you a little to beat though. I'm happy you enjoyed it though.

I'm happy to know you enjoyed the Coral Maze. I personally kinda thought it was kinda rushed since I kinda slapped stuff together, but that's me. It was fairly thought out, though.

Congratz on the third metal. I pray that I can reach that point one day soon~

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Ink Gunner Emily Thank you! Yeesh, my head hurts from doing Expert over and over. And I hope you and @ILikeKirbys can get more stars because you two are great at making stuff (even though it took me three hours to beat Kirby's Head in the Clouds. I'm proud of my flag there!) and I'm looking forward to whatever you guys come up with.

On the subject of the Expert: I. will. not. do. Expert. ever. again.

Expert is the game's trash bin of terrible, trollish, and just unfair levels all into one. Every single bad Mario level trope is here and you will hate it. Get prepared to skip 10-20 levels before you find something playable. Last run was just unfun at all, I ran into at least 10 unplayable levels before I found something I could finish. I was left with 21 lives when I finished and I'm very agitated from all of the troll levels I ran into. Thank Zap Fish I got Gold Mario after my 3 hour struggle with that last run and I now have every amiibo costume I could need for my levels. If my bro wants an amiibo costume I don't have, he'll get to do Expert. 'cause I'm done with that.

I wanted Gold Mario more than Silver Mario and I thought I would get Silver first. Well, thank you for rewarding me for my struggle, game! Now with that out of the way, here's the new levels.

E13E-0000-007E-19F0
Short Mines (NSMBU): This is the last time I'm doing this level and I hope it's decent. It's a cave level with a mining theme. It's short and not as easy as before. But easy enough. Experts may get bored on this level.

2C6C-0000-007E-1AD0
Short Fortress (SMB): This is the last time I'm doing this level too so I hope someone likes it! It's harder than before. It includes doors, thwomps, and a very easy to defeat Bowser Jr. Experts may also get bored here too. A Captain Falcon costume is hidden is this level somewhere.

BF0E-0000-007E-2BEF
Heart of Gold (SMB): This level is in a slightly different style than my usual levels. You'll have to find the Gold Mario powerup on the surface, but you won't find any powerups until then. (hint: getting to Gold Mario is straightforward.) Doors, P Switch, and Starmen are heavily used here. I hope you like it!
EDIT: Had to reupload it because I found out you didn't need Gold Mario to finish the level. I fixed that. Edited the code to the new one.

Last edited:

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
8AF2-0000-0074-44F5 : Spinning Ghost House

This stage heavily relies on Spin+Item Grabbing and bouncing on enemies with controlled height. It's quite a challenge but there's three sections altogether and takes a little over 60 seconds to clear.

DB02-0000-007E-2CCA : Bob-omb Protection Program

This stage has you prevent a Bob-omb who's walking on the clouds from falling. You need to keep it going on the clouds without having it turn around, falling off the clouds, or getting detonated. You'll use the various trampolines scattered across the stage to keep the Bob-omb up and if you can get it to the end, it should open up the exit. If there is a different method to finishing this stage, please let me know!

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Pareto I gave both a try and they look they they'll both take an hour at least to beat for me. I'll give it a go tomorrow when I wake up. I'm too tired tonight to try to go for them.

Anyway, my mii was changed to a male one. I'm a guy so, I guess now that I joined this forum, It's only right to actually have a mii of the gender of myself. The mii is roughly what I look like. But I can't replicate myself very well with the editor. I'm a tall guy IRL. The name is still the same, that's my forum name and I want to keep it.

Last edited:

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
@Noire Ah don't worry. Just the fact that you're playing it is appreciated! I'll return the favor tonight and play a few of yours.

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
Ey guys. Just got the game yesterday and man is it fun. Well, atleast fun to build my own levels, because i've found it's really damn hard to find something that isn't complete trash. So i'd like to take a look at some of the levels you guys have made!

I made one of my own as well. It's nothing too special but I feel it's pretty good for my first attempt at a stage, albeit somewhat ugly looking.

Anyway, it's called Raid on the steel warship (7F14-0000-007D-ECC1) and I thought it was somewhat good of a level from a design standpoint, but of course I would think that about my level. I also implemented a checkpoint system, you'll know once you find it, uh- unless you accidentally find the checkpoint when you're not supposed to, in that case ignore it, since what's the fun in that

So, give me some criticism, and i'll try and whip up something even better next time!

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Anyway, my mii was changed to a male one. I'm a guy so, I guess now that I joined this forum, It's only right to actually have a mii of the gender of myself. The mii is roughly what I look like. But I can't replicate myself very well with the editor. I'm a tall guy IRL. The name is still the same, that's my forum name and I want to keep it.
Be the Mii that you are most comfy with. If you'd like to know a truth about me. I'm a huge Femboy. Emily would be my female self essentially. I'd prefer being referred to as a girl than a guy, mostly since I enjoy playing as a female in games more than not and consider myself fairly feminine in some regards.

Ey guys. Just got the game yesterday and man is it fun. Well, atleast fun to build my own levels, because i've found it's really damn hard to find something that isn't complete trash. So i'd like to take a look at some of the levels you guys have made!

I made one of my own as well. It's nothing too special but I feel it's pretty good for my first attempt at a stage, albeit somewhat ugly looking.

Anyway, it's called Raid on the steel warship (7F14-0000-007D-ECC1) and I thought it was somewhat good of a level from a design standpoint, but of course I would think that about my level. I also implemented a checkpoint system, you'll know once you find it, uh- unless you accidentally find the checkpoint when you're not supposed to, in that case ignore it, since what's the fun in that

So, give me some criticism, and i'll try and whip up something even better next time!
Always good to find some fresh blood to make and enjoy levels. I'll agree though that a lot of Super Mario Maker levels, especially in the Expert category, are mostly crap levels that are nearly impossible without having expert experience in the play style used for the level. Though there are sometimes those just in general craptactular levels what really shouldn't exist but do. Also, don't get me started on troll and impossible levels that are there just for laughs.

I assure you though that a lot of us here do strive to try and make decent levels that are not too hard, or too crappy. We make them for fun, and we submit them here for others to enjoy and have fun. No troll levels here... at least not to my knowledge.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Be the Mii that you are most comfy with. If you'd like to know a truth about me. I'm a huge Femboy. Emily would be my female self essentially. I'd prefer being referred to as a girl than a guy, mostly since I enjoy playing as a female in games more than not and consider myself fairly feminine in some regards.
I'll refer to you as a girl since you prefer it that way. I actually was planning on changing my mii into a guy for awhile. But I'm the same, I prefer playing as the female gender when offered compared to the guy, though there are the rare circumstances where the guy looks better than the girl. Haha.

Alrighty, going to go play the levels from @Demiose and @Pareto and then I may make some more levels.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I'll refer to you as a girl since you prefer it that way. I actually was planning on changing my mii into a guy for awhile. But I'm the same, I prefer playing as the female gender when offered compared to the guy, though there are the rare circumstances where the guy looks better than the girl. Haha.

Alrighty, going to go play the levels from @Demiose and @Pareto and then I may make some more levels.
That's up to you. I'm not forcing you too. *hugs*

Sora-No-Maku

Inkling
NNID
Semjax
Creepy Boo Maze: 3E01-0000-0054-99B1
Castle Domination: 2251-0000-0053-C21B
Double Danger: 738C-0000-0052-C00D
Tunnel of Doubles (Warning Particularly Hard to get right): C471-0000-0052-41B5
Lakitu Shuffle: A723-0000-0052-1FAC
Staggering Marth: 778E-0000-0051-ECFA
Coaster of Flames: 93D9-0000-0058-71E0
Underground Boss Battle - 3D73-0000-0058-FC3B
The Underworld: 4C9F-0000-0062-6FD4
Maze of Doom: D0C8-0000-0063-9CD0

All ten of my levels that have been uploaded from Mario Maker, I am particularly proud of a lot of them.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
That's up to you. I'm not forcing you too. *hugs*
*hugs you back too* Thanks.

@Demiose Alright I just played your level. I gotta say, the checkpoint was brilliant. It took me awhile to figure it how to do the level but it was a lot of fun. I loved Silver and Gold Mario in this level. There's a star and a comment waiting for you when you get on.

@Sora-No-Maku Nice levels. You'll find 10 stars when you get back on.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Pareto Okay I'm back from my trip to town. I'll be playing your levels now. I would like a guide if you don't mind on Bob-omb Protection Program in case I'm stumped for awhile. I think I got Spinning Ghost House down. Thank you for teaching a maneuver I thought wasn't possible.

Last edited:

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
@Pareto Okay I'm back from my trip to town. I'll be playing your levels now. I would like a guide if you don't mind on Bob-omb Protection Program in case I'm stumped for awhile. I think I got Spinning Ghost House down. Thank you for teaching a maneuver I thought wasn't possible.
Heh best of luck! I'll write Bob-omb's up later tonight so it'll be best to hold off on that stage for a bit.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Heh best of luck! I'll write Bob-omb's up later tonight so it'll be best to hold off on that stage for a bit.
Will do. In fact, I just beat Spinning Ghost House. Strangely, the last part of the level is the easiest once I figured it out. Anyway, a comment and a star is there for you! :)

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
On the subject of the Expert: I. will. not. do. Expert. ever. again.

Expert is the game's trash bin of terrible, trollish, and just unfair levels all into one. Every single bad Mario level trope is here and you will hate it. Get prepared to skip 10-20 levels before you find something playable. Last run was just unfun at all, I ran into at least 10 unplayable levels before I found something I could finish. I was left with 21 lives when I finished and I'm very agitated from all of the troll levels I ran into. Thank Zap Fish I got Gold Mario after my 3 hour struggle with that last run and I now have every amiibo costume I could need for my levels. If my bro wants an amiibo costume I don't have, he'll get to do Expert. 'cause I'm done with that.
Sounds like my experience with Expert.

I've removed Simple Airship because it was boring. In its place is a level where you spin-jump on Pirahna Plants (and at one point, a Chain Chomp).
Pirahna Plant Cave: C0F6-0000-007F-E6DC
Warning, it's kinda tough. For an added challenge, try collecting all 100 coins (probably not that much of a challenge, but it's here if you want to go for it).

I'll play page 5's levels tomorrow, try to give thoughts then.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Sounds like my experience with Expert.

I've removed Simple Airship because it was boring. In its place is a level where you spin-jump on Pirahna Plants (and at one point, a Chain Chomp).
Pirahna Plant Cave: C0F6-0000-007F-E6DC
Warning, it's kinda tough. For an added challenge, try collecting all 100 coins (probably not that much of a challenge, but it's here if you want to go for it).

I'll play page 5's levels tomorrow, try to give thoughts then.
If you feel like your old level was boring that's fine! You should be proud of what you upload. I starred but not completed Pirahna Plant Cave yet. You only need 12 more to get to upload more. I could get my brother to star your 10 levels but he's unpredictable. I like the level but the chomp part is really hard and the following is even harder. I'll get around to finishing it soon. And yes, thinking about Expert makes my head hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom