Super Mario Maker

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I have a new Castle level! I hope you enjoy it!

Bowser's Inferno: 1D78-0000-0066-17BB

Fair warning, this level is more difficult than the previous ones that I made. I will garentee a few deaths before you get the idea of the level. That's unless your a super expert at Mario technicals.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Ink Gunner Emily I left a comment and a star on your new level. Very fun!

Well, it's time to retire some stages I thought were not very good. I have removed Short Cavern, Short Castle, Fly High with Raccoon Mario!, and Choose Your Fate.
Here's what I replaced them with.

EBA8-0000-0067-0044
Short Cavern (NSMBU): A re-do of my World 1 cave level. It's extremely easy and short, and designed for beginners so experienced Mario players will be bored from this level.

534B-0000-0067-018D
Short Castle (SMB): A re-do of my World 1 castle level. No more cryptic secrets here. It's extremely easy and short and designed for beginners so experienced players will be bored from this level. A Luigi costume is hidden is the level somewhere.

6092-0000-0067-0336
Goomba's New Shoes (SMB3): A level featuring the Stiletto Goomba. There's enough coins in this level for a 1-Up. Very basic otherwise.

866B-0000-0067-0468
Hammer Bros. Heights (SMB): Thank you for the inspiration @ILikeKirbys this level features the Hammer Bros. Though there are not many of them.
The level is rather straight forward and a Rosalina Costume is hidden somewhere in the level.

Last edited:

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
@Ink Gunner Emily I left a comment and a star on your new level. Very fun!
I saw and I'm happy you like it!

Edit: I've got more levels. They are from a friend.

Have Fun!: C641-0000-0017-496A

Watch the Spikes: 8E50-0000-0017-FDB2

Fun at the Castle: 20FE-0000-0018-7840

Fun Time!: F9C1-0000-0019-3B29

Urchin Heaven: 2C50-0000-0019-9062

Lots of Coins: E687-0000-001A-EC86

Fun at the Castle 2: 6156-0000-001B-53B3

Spikes Galore!: AB5D-0000-0036-E91A

Ghostly Boxes: 5D09-0000-0037-1118

Underwater Friends: 0F16-0000-0037-39FF

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Ink Gunner Emily Your friend had some nice levels. There was a Starman in every one of em' though. He'll be seeing about 10 Stars when he comes back on.

@shy Interesting use of the Spike Traps. I didn't find it impossible and you placed enough powerups for it to be not too difficult.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
Bro Do You Even Walljump?
6FC8-0000-005E-1703
A difficult but fair level, lacks enemy spam, Kaizo bs, and other common bad level tropes

Also, relevant (thumbnail)
Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
This is one I made, that was really popular at some point, but I took down the old version, made some changes and uploaded it again. And don't even try to cheat and use the cape to fly. ;) 15AA-0000-006A-4659

Last edited:

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
My latest creation is now out and ready to be played!

Who let the dog out?
E7E6-0000-006A-D01B
It's a very simple course.
(please don't judge the life sized replica too harshly. Mario maker only allows so many squares of space so one of the eyes ended up suffering T.T )

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@SkyBlue Holy carp, great level! I love using K.K. Slider and that big replica of the Gamecube AC K.K. Slider was a nice treat at the end!

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
How do you make courses people will actually beat? I'm just wondering, because I don't think I have a single course with a clear rate above 10% (except maybe Pipes of Peril, and that was hanging around 10.something last time I checked. A few days ago) and it's starting to bug me.

Also, @Noire I played through your new courses (except Short Cavern, knew I'd replayed it before, forgot you'd reuploaded it since then). Nice! Hammer Bros. Heights and Goomba's New Shoes felt like they could've been in a regular Mario game.

Incidentally, after playing through 3D World, Hammer Bros are so much easier to deal with in 3D. Why?
On another note, hopefully they'll add Fire Bros. and Chargin' Chucks at some point.

Also, did anyone else have an update installed when they played Mario Maker today? Because I did, and I'm not sure what changed (something must've, but I can't tell what).

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I finished a few courses and tried a few here. Happy for any criticism.

CDB4-0000-0036-D3F5 Through the Skies: (NSMB style) Long, hard level with various platforming challenges. Good for any experts.

2F70-0000-004C-9DFE Airship Invasion: (SMW style) Themed on exploring all parts of an airship, and includes two unique boss battles. Long, but not as hard.

A61F-0000-006D-A04A 3 (SM3 style): My personal favorite, a stage where you choose between 3 paths 3 times to find a unique way to the finish. Medium difficulty.

2C16-0000-006D-A48B Green Shoe Highlands: (SMB style): My easiest level. Play as Luigi and search for different shoes to bypass obstacles.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
How do you make courses people will actually beat?
You're going to have to make at least one course with almost non-existent difficulty. People are more likely to star courses they beat. So you have to upload at least one or two really, and I mean really, easy courses. After all, this is some people's first Mario game believe it or not. Strange, isn't it?

Also, nobody's really sure what the update did.... People are speculating that it's to prepare the game for upcoming DLC.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
You're going to have to make at least one course with almost non-existent difficulty. People are more likely to star courses they beat. So you have to upload at least one or two really, and I mean really, easy courses. After all, this is some people's first Mario game believe it or not. Strange, isn't it?
S***, I don't know how to do easy.
Also, how is this someone's first Mario?

Also, nobody's really sure what the update did.... People are speculating that it's to prepare the game for upcoming DLC.
Well, I read something about removing an invincibility glitch...
And also that the Angry Sun was found in Mario Maker's files...
So I dunno either, mate.

I couldn't help myself. Sonic OVA is a amazing animated movie.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
F***ING YES!
I LOVED THAT WHEN I WAS A KID
...haven't seen it in years...
But still! Awesome!

...damn, it's late. I'll play all of this page's levels tomorrow, and try to give my thoughts then.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
S***, I don't know how to do easy.
Also, how is this someone's first Mario?
Well there are late bloomer new gens that are young children that are not as familiar with Mario as most of us are. Simpler and easier levels help those who, are still relatively new to the series, join in without feeling too left out. That is something that Super Mario Maker can do for the newer generations of Mario.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
F***ING YES!
I LOVED THAT WHEN I WAS A KID
...haven't seen it in years...
But still! Awesome!
Hehehehehehe~ Well then, Mr. Excited~ But yeah, after so many years, this movies still has aged relatively gracefully. People still still use quotes from the movie pretty often as memes and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom