Super Sea Snails: how will we get them?

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Super Sea Snails do also re-roll a single ability slot. It was in the GameXplain stream.
do you have a video link (with preferably the time the info is revealed)? I've been under the impression that Super Sea Snails reroll the whole item but the Direct was a bit vague on that. It'd be awesome for video confirmation one way or another

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
do you have a video link (with preferably the time the info is revealed)? I've been under the impression that Super Sea Snails reroll the whole item but the Direct was a bit vague on that. It'd be awesome for video confirmation one way or another
I heard that it will only re-roll subs, and that your main cannot be rerolled.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
We know for sure that it can only re-roll the random attributes, so yeah the main one is set and always the same for each item of the same type.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Oh yes, I knew that! My mistake, I meant what Draayder said lol. Would still love video confirmation of re-rolling a single stat VS the randos.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Wait, so you NEED the sea snail to reroll? We'll that is good and bad. Bad for people who miss out on Splatfests, but good since it is impossible to get an ideal loadout.
That good bit does sound good, but I suspect that they've just given hackers a reason to try real hard. "Pro" players don't go into the game with less than ideal stats.
Just ask the Pokemon scene.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
That good bit does sound good, but I suspect that they've just given hackers a reason to try real hard. "Pro" players don't go into the game with less than ideal stats.
Just ask the Pokemon scene.
I mean you'd still have the option to just sell off your imperfect hat and buy a new one and grind them out until you get the set you want, or at least one you are happy with. It would incentivize hacking, for sure, but so far the wii u's been pretty hack free to my knowledge.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I mean you'd still have the option to just sell off your imperfect hat and buy a new one and grind them out until you get the set you want, or at least one you are happy with. It would incentivize hacking, for sure, but so far the wii u's been pretty hack free to my knowledge.
Some people don't think you can sell gear back and that you eventually collect it all.

RespawningJesus

NNID
RespawningJesus
Well, just saw this: http://imgur.com/a/OsDgi

From here: http://www.twitch.tv/alwaysnintendo/v/5442972

Safe to say you need a Super Sea Snail to reroll an ability. It's wording using "3 full slots" seems to indicate you can only reroll sub-abilities.

Glad to see that Splatfests is just an easier way of getting them.
Well that is good to see that you don't need your own sea snails to reroll/add slots. Gonna be a pain to get the cash for it, especially if you are the collector type of person.

Last edited:

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Yeah, thanks @DaBoss . It's an arm and a freaking tentacle, but at least you CAN. Still, a Sea Snail = 30K?? So worth getting them lol

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Dude, that's like at the very least 30 rounds assuming you get 1000p every round.
There's probably going to be some kind of crazy demand for ordering gear because of this.
People will have to start finding some really good friends to make the grind worth it.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I think that's fair, it'll stop people from re-rolling all the time but it does give people the option if they really want to use that piece of gear.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
but good since it is impossible to get an ideal loadout.
That's the worst part. I want a level playing field, not RNG grinding. This feels like Kid Icarus Uprising all over again.

RespawningJesus

NNID
RespawningJesus
That's the worst part. I want a level playing field, not RNG grinding. This feels like Kid Icarus Uprising all over again.
Well, it is semi-random. Your main abilities will be under your control, and those abilities have more impact on your character than anything else. As for your subs, it is the luck of the draw. Which I find fine, since now people won't be focused on finding the "best loadout" that everyone ends up using. Choose your gear depending on the main ability, and everything else should be the icing on the cake. Think a sub or two you rolled is useless? Reroll. Not only that, but everytime you unlock a new sub ability, a roulette starts spinning, so who knows if there is a way to manipulate it for the right ability?

squidfingers

Inkling
Grinding. And then you use it to roll a dice. The dice didn't give you what you want from the 24 possible options? Grind some more.

This is a disappointing addition to Splatoon's formula.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Well, it is semi-random. Your main abilities will be under your control, and those abilities have more impact on your character than anything else. As for your subs, it is the luck of the draw. Which I find fine, since now people won't be focused on finding the "best loadout" that everyone ends up using. Choose your gear depending on the main ability, and everything else should be the icing on the cake. Think a sub or two you rolled is useless? Reroll. Not only that, but everytime you unlock a new sub ability, a roulette starts spinning, so who knows if there is a way to manipulate it for the right ability?
So it's fine to have an unfair playing field if it's only a little unfair? As long as it's non-zero, I'm not okay with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom