• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The August update will hit 8/6 next Thursday!

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Wow, this update looks bigger than I expected. My hype has just increased infinitely.
I think biggest update would be to increase map rotation to 3 maps.
If only they did this as well, this update wouldn't have been able to get any better.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
The addition of S rank seems so stupid right now. Anyone who is A+ can hopefully understand my statement.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Wait, wait, hang on a sec.
Is there any point to getting higher levels? Do they unlock new stuff to do, or is it just to get higher levels?
Also, Splatlings (thought they'd go with Gatlink, but Splatling sounds better) work like Chargers? Not sure how that's gonna work.
And the buckets are called Sloshers? Okay. Well, they still look like fun.
We'll be getting new gear? Didn't see that coming (should've, admittedly). New weapons too? Wonder how many.

Overall, can't wait for August 6th.

*Sigh*
I'm with you on this one, especially after that weird Octoling-eyes post on splatoonus (what was that for, anyway? Just seems kinda random) and seeing that it's apparently possible to hack Octoling skin over the Inkling girl so it's possible to have playable Octoling without the game glitching up (or at least I didn't see any glitches involving it on Youtube), but it's probably not going to happen for a while, if at all.
Sorry, but prepare for disappointment, mate.

Maybe we'll get more stuff with Spyke. Or maybe he'll lower his prices. Or maybe Judd'll do something. Or maybe Cap'n Cuttlefish'll open up a shop after you get some levels (and finish Octo Valley).
Or maybe you can play as Octolings at Level 50
I'm more surprised people haven't noticed the credits, you can actually see an image of a hero suit inkling boy teasing an ocotling by playing with her googles (in which you actually get to SEE her full face).

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
The addition of S rank seems so stupid right now. Anyone who is A+ can hopefully understand my statement.
Apparently the catch is that in S rank, you gain 5 points when you win and lose 10 when you lose. This means that you can only rank up in S if you actually manage to get a win : loss ratio of higher than 2:1, which makes it way more unlikely that you can maintain an S or S+ rank if you're a sub par player who can't contribute.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Apparently the catch is that in S rank, you gain 5 points when you win and lose 10 when you lose. This means that you can only rank up in S if you actually manage to get a win : loss ratio of higher than 2:1, which makes it way more unlikely that you can maintain an S or S+ rank if you're a sub par player who can't contribute.
Oh man, so it's basically Master Rank in league or having around 9000 VR in Mario Kart Wii?

So S+ is the ultimate pinnacle, how exciting!

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
The new update introduces Squad Battle and Private Battle matchmaking options. In Squad Battle, players can participate in Ranked Battle rule sets with friends, rather than being teamed up with other players through a random selection. After a player creates a squad, friends can be recruited to form a team of two to four Inklings. Friends will always play together on the same team and battle against other squads at random.

In Private Battle, friends can splat it up in private, customizable matches. Two to eight friends can battle together by selecting their favorite map, mode and weapons. The number of participants ranges from 1v1 to 4v4, but teams don't have to be even: If the host chooses, he or she can select a 1v4, 1v2, or any other combination of players.
I'm sorry for doubting you, Nintendo. This is fantastic news. The game might have some competitive longevity after all.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Oh man who's ready for the onslaught of people whining "IT SHOULDVE BEEN HERE ON LAUNCH WHY ARE YOU HAPPY" when they bought the game knowing this update was coming

EDIT: LORD JESUS I SPOKE TOO SOON

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Oh man who's ready for the onslaught of people whining "IT SHOULDVE BEEN HERE ON LAUNCH WHY ARE YOU HAPPY" when they bought the game knowing this update was coming
It should've been there on launch, not that people shouldn't be happy about it now, but that argument was kinda only put forth by your strawman.

It's no sin for people to want Nintendo to do better.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
It should've been there on launch, not that people shouldn't be happy about it now, but that argument was kinda only put forth by your strawman.

It's not as if I disagree, but I feel complaining at this point is moot since...it's not launch anymore.
I also think it's dumb for people to go out of there way to step on someone elses excitement, let me enjoy my squid meme generator

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
You aren't seeing the problem, I am referring to. The problem with A+ right now, is the fact that:

1) Getting a FULL A+ Lobby is uncommon.
2) Small pool of A+ players. So small, you can join your friends<wtf

These problems will become even more of an eye sore, with more ranks being added above it.

And for the love of god, region lock would be greatly appreciated for rank games. I would love to keep my games more honest.

Ika Ink-finite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Infinite8

If those content were there at launch, I would've been bored after I completed and unlocked all the content thus shortening the game's lifespan.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
It's not as if I disagree, but I feel complaining at this point is moot since...it's not launch anymore.
I also think it's dumb for people to go out of there way to step on someone elses excitement, let me enjoy my squid meme generator
Nah, Nintendo should forever be reminded that they launched this game incomplete, lest they feel they can make the same mistake again.

As for people stepping on your excitement, you might want to reflect on whether people are actually saying others can't be happy with the update, or if that's just all in how you're choosing to interpret things. I don't see anything in the tweet you posted that suggests we can't be happy to finally enjoy August's content, just that we should've been happily enjoying it much sooner.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
If those content were there at launch, I would've been bored after I completed and unlocked all the content thus shortening the game's lifespan.
If all of August's content was available at launch, you'd only just now be done.

Also, no one's saying the whole of the August update should've been available at launch, just that the August update contains features that should've been available at launch, namely Private and Squad Battles. Nintendo could've launched the game with these very basic features and still maintained an active update schedule.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Err, A+ here. Don't understand. I love the idea of something even better to strive for.

Anyway, beautiful update. The addition of matchmaking is so good, and SO. MANY. OPTIONS! : D

S rank is something I wanted. Just like the sound of S rank as a Sonic fan, as well as a video game fan in general who encounters this.

New weapons are amazing looking. Can't wait for them. (Though I want the rebrand version of the bucket more).

No information on the maps, but thats fine. We just got camp trigger fish. I do want to listen to the new bgms though! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom