• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The August update will hit 8/6 next Thursday!

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Err, A+ here. Don't understand. I love the idea of something even better to strive for.

Anyway, beautiful update. The addition of matchmaking is so good, and SO. MANY. OPTIONS! : D

S rank is something I wanted. Just like the sound of S rank as a Sonic fan, as well as a video game fan in general who encounters this.

New weapons are amazing looking. Can't wait for them. (Though I want the rebrand version of the bucket more).

No information on the maps, but thats fine. We just got camp trigger fish. I do want to listen to the new bgms though! <3
Read my last post. Then you will understand.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
You aren't seeing the problem, I am referring to. The problem with A+ right now, is the fact that:

1) Getting a FULL A+ Lobby is uncommon.
2) Small pool of A+ players. So small, you can join your friends<wtf
Don't know what you're talking about, in the last few weeks I almost always got into A+ exclusive lobbies (maybe my time zone aligns better with all the countries with A+ players). There's a load of A+ players right now, unfortunately with a high variance in skill level. A new rank with a more punishing upranking condition sounds promising.

And for the love of god, region lock would be greatly appreciated for rank games. I would love to keep my games more honest.
Yo, region lock would make your complaint only worse considering you'd just divide the player pool. Fortunately you could just play with people from your region anyway if you want.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Too bad I'm only a C+. :P

Anyone know if those of us who have been playing after level 20 will gain stored experience, or have to battle our way up to level 50 from 20 no matter if we kept battling since becoming level 20?

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
Considering this is a UK press release, it's still possible they call them Bloblobbers (like the leak said) in the US localization. Otherwise it's a really stupid name for a cool weapon.
Pretty sure 'Slosher' is the weapon type (bucket) and 'Bloblobber' is just a type of Slosher.
No reason they'd name the weapon itself something different in the EU localisation, it's not the case with any other weapon.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I like this.

Oh man who's ready for the onslaught of people whining "IT SHOULDVE BEEN HERE ON LAUNCH WHY ARE YOU HAPPY" when they bought the game knowing this update was coming

EDIT: LORD JESUS I SPOKE TOO SOON
He's got a point, but he definitely sounds like an *******. I wish this content was available at launch as well, but it wasn't ready. Ultimately, I think I can look past that.

I found an Imgur album with some more pictures taken from nintendo's FTP
Looks real good...but I'm seriously hoping they allow us to change gameplay settings like games like Call of Duty and Halo allow us to.

Halo especially. There's so much you can customize there, like player health and shields, the amount of ammo one has, etc. You could even have different settings for different groups of players. If we could do that in Splatoon, we could make gamemodes like Juggernaut and such.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
The addition of S rank seems so stupid right now. Anyone who is A+ can hopefully understand my statement.
I personally welcome the addition of S Rank. This will help separate the boys from the men, so to speak. Even as an A+ player I feel like my team makes alot of elementary mistakes for being the same rank. As such S Rank will have the more intelligent and tactical players, which I'd rather have than teammates who have no inkling(pun not inten- never mind, pun very much intended! :p) of what they're doing.

However right now I just feel sorry for the other players still struggling in lower ranks, and now they have an even more difficult goal to reach.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Considering this is a UK press release, it's still possible they call them Bloblobbers (like the leak said) in the US localization. Otherwise it's a really stupid name for a cool weapon.
It's also possible that Bloblobber is the internal name for the bucket.
Do you know what else they could add? SPECTATOR MODE like in Smash Bros.
Please not like in Smash Bros. That only gives you a replay of a match that's already occurred.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Please not like in Smash Bros. That only gives you a replay of a match that's already occurred.
Like Mario Kart 8 then, with a Mario Kart TV-like feature that allows people to post videos of their Splatoon matches with at least the same amount of video customization.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
inb4 they maker the secret alleyways of Urchin connect to the other team's base. Oh god, TF2's 2fort version Splatoon.

Pyritie

Full Squid
NNID
Pyritie
If those content were there at launch, I would've been bored after I completed and unlocked all the content thus shortening the game's lifespan.
This, kinda. More maps than just 5 and more modes than just turf wars would've been nice, but on the other hand, you're right that the gradual release has been holding peoples' interest a lot longer than if it was all just released at once.

I'm sure nintendo's learnt from this.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
First one isn't really a problem to me, (and I'm always getting full or near full A+ lobbies).

Second point I don't even know what you are trying to say. I have no idea what friends have to do with anything.

And S rank would than mean it would be more likely to play against A+ ranks.

I see no problem here.

MickX

Inkster Jr.
And for the love of god, region lock would be greatly appreciated for rank games.
Uhh, pick one of the two? It's not like A+ becomes kind of a desert whenever Japan's having a Splatfest or anything (much like described in points 1 and 2 there). I'd say regional matchmaking on top of that might divide the playerbase a bit too much.

To me the occasional Splatfest is enough regional dose per month for me. xD Outside of that I prefer to play everyone that's available as it keeps me learning about how to deal with ping and lag and all that stuff.

Anyway, the update looks really interesting. S rank has a bit of an intimidating prospect to it (especially if gains are reduced compared to losses) and the level cap increase was sorta unexpected to me, but yeah, maybe it's a good time to get practicing with people to get ready for Squad Battles once it's out. Really looking forward to August 6th!

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
When companies listen/cater to the casuals who crave stuff they don't actually understand/care about. All the people who were clamoring for a level cap increase (even though absolutely pointless) got their wishes. New 'content' should not be a pointless grind. 50 levels to grind out will definitely alienate and turn away new players beyond that update. Welcome to nearly every MMORPG I've ever played!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom