• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The August update will hit 8/6 next Thursday!

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
27th July, 2015 – On 6th August, a free software update for Splatoon on Wii U brings a large amount of new content to the game, including two new matchmaking modes, new weapon types, an increase to the game’s level-cap and more than 40 pieces of new gear. Players will now be able to create a winning strategy and fight to be the best and most battle tested squid-squad around.

The new update introduces Squad Battle and Private Battle matchmaking options. In Squad Battle, players can participate in Ranked Battle rule sets with friends, rather than being teamed up with other players through a random selection. After a player creates a squad, friends can be recruited to form a team of two to four Inklings. Friends will always play together on the same team and battle against other squads at random.

In Private Battle, friends can splat it up in private, customisable matches. Two to eight friends can battle together by selecting their favourite map, mode and weapons. The number of participants ranges from 1v1 to 4v4, but teams don’t have to be even: if the host chooses, he or she can select a 1v4, 1v2, or any other combination of players.

With this robust new update also comes an increased level cap in both Regular Battle and Ranked Battle modes. After downloading the software update, players will be able to reach level 50 (raised from level 20) and rank S and S+ in Ranked Battle (both higher than A+).

While Inklings around the world are enjoying and mastering the current arsenal of weapons in Splatoon, two new weapon types will be available with the update, adding a new layer of strategy to the game. The bucket-like Slosher weapons hurl ink straight ahead at an impressive range. By adjusting the angle, these new weapons can be used to splat opponents who are up high or even on the other side of a wall. With the Gatling-style Splatling, players can charge all-powerful ink. A maximum charge unleashes the full potential of this particular weapon type. In addition to the new weapons, more than 40 pieces of gear, including everything from a leather jacket to a sushi-chef costume are coming to the various in-game shops in Splatoon.

Despite its size and scope, this massive August update is not the end of the splat-tacular free content coming to Splatoon. Following this update, more content will continually roll out through the rest of the summer and into autumn, including the Rainmaker Ranked Battle mode, additional maps and new weapons. More details on these additions will be revealed in the future.
Source: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/

*tears of joy*

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Really love the level increase, it gives me something to work for.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Really wonder if there's new stuff they aren't mentioning if you hit 50. Possibly regarding working with Spyke, even.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Wait, wait, hang on a sec.
Is there any point to getting higher levels? Do they unlock new stuff to do, or is it just to get higher levels?
Also, Splatlings (thought they'd go with Gatlink, but Splatling sounds better) work like Chargers? Not sure how that's gonna work.
And the buckets are called Sloshers? Okay. Well, they still look like fun.
We'll be getting new gear? Didn't see that coming (should've, admittedly). New weapons too? Wonder how many.

Overall, can't wait for August 6th.

octolings should be playable if they are not i'm gonna be very disapointed
*Sigh*
I'm with you on this one, especially after that weird Octoling-eyes post on splatoonus (what was that for, anyway? Just seems kinda random) and seeing that it's apparently possible to hack Octoling skin over the Inkling girl so it's possible to have playable Octoling without the game glitching up (or at least I didn't see any glitches involving it on Youtube), but it's probably not going to happen for a while, if at all.
Sorry, but prepare for disappointment, mate.

Really wonder if there's new stuff they aren't mentioning if you hit 50. Possibly regarding working with Spyke, even.
Maybe we'll get more stuff with Spyke. Or maybe he'll lower his prices. Or maybe Judd'll do something. Or maybe Cap'n Cuttlefish'll open up a shop after you get some levels (and finish Octo Valley).
Or maybe you can play as Octolings at Level 50

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
And the buckets are called Sloshers? Okay. Well, they still look like fun.
Considering this is a UK press release, it's still possible they call them Bloblobbers (like the leak said) in the US localization. Otherwise it's a really stupid name for a cool weapon.

fenrir vii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
fenrir_vii
hm... so I'm going to need to get some more friends together in time for the big update. So here's the deal... add me on NNID Fenrir_vii and I will add you back/jump in your game if you're ever hosting.

Hit me up with a message if you want to join in a crew I'm starting.

Loffy09

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Loffy09
Ohmigosh it's on my birthday! gET HYPED! Private lobbies on my birthday.. Who would've guessed?

wisdomsprince

Inkling
NNID
wisdomsprince
You can assign teams and choose modes and maps in private matches. I was hoping for a bit more cutomization like time limits and how long you have to hold the zone but a great update overall. Changing weapons within a lobby should be an option in and mode though

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
After downloading the software update, players will be able to reach level 50 (raised from level 20) and rank S and S+ in Ranked Battle (both higher than A+).
HELL FRICKING YES

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I was already hard enough to get to A rank. Now, there is a S rank. The struggle continue. I am loving that we can get more levels and I am looking forward new gears. Liking how the inkling boy look like inkling magnum pi.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Considering this is a UK press release, it's still possible they call them Bloblobbers (like the leak said) in the US localization. Otherwise it's a really stupid name for a cool weapon.
Speak for yourself, the word "bloblobber" is just voiced plosive diarrhea while "Slosher" at least sounds menacing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom