• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 The Best Weapon in the Game?

NPDgames

Inkling
NNID
NPDgames
The best weapon is undeniably the Bamboozler.

I understand you have already walked away, and aren't reading this post anymore. But hear me out. The Bamboozler is mobile, quick, and deadly. It just requires more precision than any squid or kid could ever achieve. We Are not worthy of its glory. Praise.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Imo there is no "best weapon" per say, there's too much counter-balance to really determine which weapon is the "best". Even the Splattershot in certain situations is really bad especially after they nerfed its range in 2. As what ThatOneGuy said, it really depends on what weapons you perform best with. This isn't like with most games where certain characters/weapons are flat-out unusable, it's heavily determined by skill, and I believe every weapon when used correctly, can get the job done.

I can agree that the Goo-Tuber/Tenta Brella are on par with being the least viable weapons in the game atm since the former has a really bad gimmick-y mechanic that sacrifices its range and the latter is too slow with many exploitable weaknesses.

And I don't know why people are saying the Custom E-Liter is the worst weapon in the game, it has arguably a better kit than the vanilla E-Liter, is lethal in certain stages such as Moray where they can safely snipe, and has the longest range in the game. It's not the best but certainly not the worst in the game especially when the two weapons I mentioned above exist.

the

Inkling Commander
My bet for worst weapon would be Tenta Brella.
Like people have said, there are great charger players who can use the custom/vanilla eliter and gootuber well.

But I have literally never seen or heard of someone consistently performing well with a tenta brella. It's extremely slow to the point where any encounter requires some degree of luck to win— even the 1-hit-kill box seems off sometimes, so a point-blank shot can occasionally whiff and spell disaster for you.

Is there any self-proclaimed "tenta-brella master" on here yet that wants to defend it? :p

RoronoaTREY15

Full Squid
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
The best weapon is undeniably the Bamboozler.

I understand you have already walked away, and aren't reading this post anymore. But hear me out. The Bamboozler is mobile, quick, and deadly. It just requires more precision than any squid or kid could ever achieve. We Are not worthy of its glory. Praise.
Idk if u are joking or not, but I believe the weapon is good. The skill required to play it is extremely high tho. So it is never going to be a popular weapon lol

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
My bet for worst weapon would be Tenta Brella.
Like people have said, there are great charger players who can use the custom/vanilla eliter and gootuber well.

But I have literally never seen or heard of someone consistently performing well with a tenta brella. It's extremely slow to the point where any encounter requires some degree of luck to win— even the 1-hit-kill box seems off sometimes, so a point-blank shot can occasionally whiff and spell disaster for you.

Is there any self-proclaimed "tenta-brella master" on here yet that wants to defend it? :p
Maybe a noob C- player that doesn't realize how bad it is yet.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Can't talk about the best weapon in the game without discussing the other end of the spectrum, basic rule of discussions. :D

2) Okay, I beg to disagree on the jet part especially with its slow projectiles, but I guess it boils down to personal experience. :D

Maybe not vanilla jet, but Custom Jet is amazing.

RoronoaTREY15

Full Squid
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
Imo there is no "best weapon" per say, there's too much counter-balance to really determine which weapon is the "best". Even the Splattershot in certain situations is really bad especially after they nerfed its range in 2. As what ThatOneGuy said, it really depends on what weapons you perform best with. This isn't like with most games where certain characters/weapons are flat-out unusable, it's heavily determined by skill, and I believe every weapon when used correctly, can get the job done.

I can agree that the Goo-Tuber/Tenta Brella are on par with being the least viable weapons in the game atm since the former has a really bad gimmick-y mechanic that sacrifices its range and the latter is too slow with many exploitable weaknesses.

And I don't know why people are saying the Custom E-Liter is the worst weapon in the game, it has arguably a better kit than the vanilla E-Liter, is lethal in certain stages such as Moray where they can safely snipe, and has the longest range in the game. It's not the best but certainly not the worst in themijbo hgffgfg game especially when the two weapons I mentioned above exist.
But there are two types of tier lists that need to be looked at in this game.
Ease of use vs high end viability.
The weapons that have the best combination of both are of course going to be the most popular.
Splattershot is the batman, Mario, or Ryu of this game. Literally everyone has a pocket splattershot.

I mean think about it, with blasters you have to master the fire rate, blast radius, and range.
With manual weapons like slosher, nozzlenoses, and brellas you have to tapping the button and other differences. With chargers you have to learn spacing, spots on the map, aim, ect. With jrs, splooshes, ect, you have to learn spacing and how to get in.

Splattershot is just holding the trigger button, great up close or medium range, nice fire rate, forgiving as far as accuracy, an easy special, and a very high viability ceiling.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
The weapons that have the best combination of both are of course going to be the most popular.
Splattershot is the batman, Mario, or Ryu of this game. Literally everyone has a pocket splattershot.

I mean think about it, with blasters you have to master the fire rate, blast radius, and range.
With manual weapons like slosher, nozzlenoses, and brellas you have to tapping the button and other differences. With chargers you have to learn spacing, spots on the map, aim, ect. With jrs, splooshes, ect, you have to learn spacing and how to get in.

Splattershot is just holding the trigger button, great up close or medium range, nice fire rate, forgiving as far as accuracy, an easy special, and a very high viability ceiling.
Which is exactly why it's the best.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet

You do got me there, plus the fact that the Splattershots have been nerfed numerous times proves how good it is.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
It's nowhere near as good a "anti-charger" as a Jet or Heavy, but it could have a place on certain teams.
Jet and Heavy aren't very good at handling snipers. Their mobility drags them down so the charger user gets a very easy shot to land. Even with them being able to contest a charger at long range, a heavy or a jet do not want to be engaging snipers directly, as a charger user can usually outrange them by just a hair, and shoot them down before they can kill.

Now a good "anti-charger" weapon would be something like a rapid blaster pro, a slosher, even a sloshing machine can do this. Mostly because they don't need a line of sight to kill their targets. Which is something a charger needs in order to score a kill on someone. Standing just below their perch with a range blaster, and giving them the old 'one two', will make that charger think twice before going there again.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Jet and Heavy aren't very good at handling snipers. Their mobility drags them down so the charger user gets a very easy shot to land. Even with them being able to contest a charger at long range, a heavy or a jet do not want to be engaging snipers directly, as a charger user can usually outrange them by just a hair, and shoot them down before they can kill.
While the Heavy itself (and Custom Jet) are sitting ducks for chargers, Stingray does work pretty well against them.

NPDgames

Inkling
NNID
NPDgames
Idk if u are joking or not, but I believe the weapon is good. The skill required to play it is extremely high tho. So it is never going to be a popular weapon lol
I am joking, but I also agree. It's powerful, but the skill needed to play it means you could be twice as good with any other weapon. I think later in the meta we will see more use, but for now it's not a great idea to use one

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310

Now a good "anti-charger" weapon would be something like a rapid blaster pro, a slosher, even a sloshing machine can do this. Mostly because they don't need a line of sight to kill their targets. Which is something a charger needs in order to score a kill on someone. Standing just below their perch with a range blaster, and giving them the old 'one two', will make that charger think twice before going there again.
The Jet and the Heavy actually have the same mobility as the Splatteshot.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
The Splattershot has a run speed of .96 units per frame. The Jet and heavy has the exact same number.
Running while shooting for the Jet is significantly slower though, and you'll probably be doing that more often.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
How did I miss this thread? After learning how to play some of these weapons here are my personal feelings on the best weapon are of course the splattershot, nzap, slosher (since nerf has wider outbox than SM and tentamissles), mini splatling and the splat/hero duelies
All have good stats varying gear setups, and amazing kits
On the other hand I feel the worst weapons in the game are the H-3, vanilla squiffer, and scoped vanilla e-liter 4k
I feel that in spite of everything unscoped E-liter has a purpose, it works well on maps like port mackrel, starfish mainstage, and a few other maps.

Goo Tuber as I mentioned on a previous thread is a weapon that require you think about your encounters before going in it does require a lot of effort to use but it also unlike other charges play multiple roles in a battle.

H-3 has no niche in it's gameplay many other weapons with range have a lot more effective and posses no end lag
I love the squiffer, but it posses no way to defend itself or to protect itelf at close range, and consider it has the least range of any charger and that it variant (my S1 main) is tons better this one will be left in the dust.
Lastly lacking the charge save and having blinded the e-liter 4k scopes, I think I have said enough

@RoronoaTREY15
Firstoff, this is Cloud, not Mario nor ryu and not even close to batman...the splattershot is the easiest weapon to win with a low skill ceiling, impressive to see one played well but other players pick it up following meta and are terrible with it.
Also I rufuse to use any splattershot, I made a vow back in Splatoon 1 and I am not breaking it in Splatoon 2
#NotMyPocket

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
How did I miss this thread? After learning how to play some of these weapons here are my personal feelings on the best weapon are of course the splattershot, nzap, slosher (since nerf has wider outbox than SM and tentamissles), mini splatling and the splat/hero duelies
All have good stats varying gear setups, and amazing kits
On the other hand I feel the worst weapons in the game are the H-3, vanilla squiffer, and scoped vanilla e-liter 4k
I feel that in spite of everything unscoped E-liter has a purpose, it works well on maps like port mackrel, starfish mainstage, and a few other maps.

Goo Tuber as I mentioned on a previous thread is a weapon that require you think about your encounters before going in it does require a lot of effort to use but it also unlike other charges play multiple roles in a battle.

H-3 has no niche in it's gameplay many other weapons with range have a lot more effective and posses no end lag
I love the squiffer, but it posses no way to defend itself or to protect itelf at close range, and consider it has the least range of any charger and that it variant (my S1 main) is tons better this one will be left in the dust.
Lastly lacking the charge save and having blinded the e-liter 4k scopes, I think I have said enough

@RoronoaTREY15
Firstoff, this is Cloud, not Mario nor ryu and not even close to batman...the splattershot is the easiest weapon to win with a low skill ceiling, impressive to see one played well but other players pick it up following meta and are terrible with it.
Also I rufuse to use any splattershot, I made a vow back in Splatoon 1 and I am not breaking it in Splatoon 2
#NotMyPocket
H-3 is good if you want a mix of the Pro and the Dualie Squelcher, but L-3 is much better.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
The best weapon is the one you choose to perfect and practice. They're all useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom