• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 The Best Weapon in the Game?

RoronoaTREY15

Full Squid
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
I’ve steamrolled plenty of splattershot/splatbrella/blaster/slosher users with the splat roller in my day tyvm
But I will admit with the amount of times I get overwhelmed by the blaster series I consider trying to use one
Roller is a good weapon dude lol. You must have missed my previous post, I don't believe there is much viability separation from like the top 10/15 weapons

CreeperFishStix

Inkling
NNID
DJFS317
Switch Friend Code
SW-7267-5413-7511
Yes Fisboi, this is correct, but when you have 1 weapon that does everything and does it well how is it not the best? Splattershot has no weaknesses. None. The only thing that even comes to mind is Range, but 1. You have burst bombs to help with that 2. It’s a lot easier to rush down chargers in this game 3. You probably aren’t going to ever be fighting long range weapons. The game is dominated by short range weapons that paint fast and kill faster.
Yes, I agree that Splattershot does a lot of things well, but it appears I've missed a few major points.

For starters, like you mentioned, the Splattershot is mid-ranged, but can kill at a longer range thanks to the Burst Bomb. Although this may be true, the chances of someone getting killed by two direct Burst Bombs are very low, especially considering the time it takes for the bomb to travel, and the lag time between throwing two bombs, which is long enough for someone to avoid at least getting directed by the second one.

Also, thanks to the recent Burst Bomb nerf, users will be less likely to try and throw a third bomb by spamming tons of Ink Saver Sub, because of its decreased effectiveness on Burst Bombs. Some people will still do it, but they will leave themselves open with their ink tanks mostly depleted. If this happens, get a good aim and within range quickly, as it might be the only chance you have to catch them at low-ink.

I'll mention this, only because it keeps getting brought up to me. The fact that Splattershot can rush down most weapons is a complete lie. In fact, any competent player would be able to notice the position of said Splattershot long before it can reach a flanking point, especially chargers, which are supposed to be the eyes of the team. This would be a prime opportunity to cut off their route by moving yourself into a better position, throwing a bomb, using a ranged special, or dispatching a teammate to do the above if you can't. In a 1-on-1 situation, you must always have better positioning, whether it be on snipe with a long-ranged weapon, or up-close and personal from behind an object. Odds are if you choose up-close, you will lose. However, if you choose a longer-ranged approach, and you can do it correctly, your Splattershot troubles should be no more.

In the event that you do get "rushed down", there are a few steps you can take to ensure your survival. The first of these would be using an "instant" special, a special that grants quick protection or damage, such as Splashdown, Ink Armor, Baller, and Ink Jet. Of course, this only works if your special is charged and the weapon you're using has one of those specials. If that doesn't work out for you, you should try using your main and sub weapons, but use them wisely! The worst feeling is having your ink tank run out because you overthrew your Splat Bomb and inevitably got killed. Be aware of your ink consumption, as well as theirs. The last thing you could do is to jump to a teammate or back to spawn. You need to be familiar with the buttons needed to accomplish this, and how to do it quickly.

If my facts get shot down again, I will address the issues. Otherwise, I fell I have covered any missing subjects on this "best weapon" thread.

*end rant*

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Yes, I agree that Splattershot does a lot of things well, but it appears I've missed a few major points.

For starters, like you mentioned, the Splattershot is mid-ranged, but can kill at a longer range thanks to the Burst Bomb. Although this may be true, the chances of someone getting killed by two direct Burst Bombs are very low, especially considering the time it takes for the bomb to travel, and the lag time between throwing two bombs, which is long enough for someone to avoid at least getting directed by the second one.

Also, thanks to the recent Burst Bomb nerf, users will be less likely to try and throw a third bomb by spamming tons of Ink Saver Sub, because of its decreased effectiveness on Burst Bombs. Some people will still do it, but they will leave themselves open with their ink tanks mostly depleted. If this happens, get a good aim and within range quickly, as it might be the only chance you have to catch them at low-ink.

I'll mention this, only because it keeps getting brought up to me. The fact that Splattershot can rush down most weapons is a complete lie. In fact, any competent player would be able to notice the position of said Splattershot long before it can reach a flanking point, especially chargers, which are supposed to be the eyes of the team. This would be a prime opportunity to cut off their route by moving yourself into a better position, throwing a bomb, using a ranged special, or dispatching a teammate to do the above if you can't. In a 1-on-1 situation, you must always have better positioning, whether it be on snipe with a long-ranged weapon, or up-close and personal from behind an object. Odds are if you choose up-close, you will lose. However, if you choose a longer-ranged approach, and you can do it correctly, your Splattershot troubles should be no more.

In the event that you do get "rushed down", there are a few steps you can take to ensure your survival. The first of these would be using an "instant" special, a special that grants quick protection or damage, such as Splashdown, Ink Armor, Baller, and Ink Jet. Of course, this only works if your special is charged and the weapon you're using has one of those specials. If that doesn't work out for you, you should try using your main and sub weapons, but use them wisely! The worst feeling is having your ink tank run out because you overthrew your Splat Bomb and inevitably got killed. Be aware of your ink consumption, as well as theirs. The last thing you could do is to jump to a teammate or back to spawn. You need to be familiar with the buttons needed to accomplish this, and how to do it quickly.

If my facts get shot down again, I will address the issues. Otherwise, I fell I have covered any missing subjects on this "best weapon" thread.

*end rant*
The point about Splattershots not being able to rush people down is a lie. Look at every weapon with a range longer than the Splattershot Pro. What do you see? Slower kill time/need to charge and lesser painting, the 2 most important things when dealing with everything on the other end of the range spectrum.

You also talk about how you can pop your special to escape a rush down. Look at all the Pros, Squelchers, Splatlings, and Chargers in the game. Only the Hydra Splatling and the Goo Tuber have the Splashdown. All other weapons with long range have long ranged specials, which are nearly useless up close. It also doesn't help that the only ranged weapons with Splashdown are the worst of their class.

Overall, yes, somebody that is very good with a ranged weapon will have a much easier time dealing with Splattershots and the like, but notice how few charger players there are in competitive. If what you claim is true, then a team of all chargers should be able to beat any other team if they are "competent enough" with hitting their snipes. Obviously, you can't run a team of all chargers and expect to do well.

And on a side note, popping Inkjet when you are being rushed is a horrible idea because it cuts your movement speed in thirds and puts you into a position where you can be easily shot down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom