The Bragging Thread

___shan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
illegalcopy
Demolished Tower Control today and finally made it back to B+ after a Splatzone match. Led that quick match 10:4 for 13 points. Slowly starting to see improvements in my ability to use the Nozzlenose.
That's great :) Anyone that can stick with the Nozzlenose, particularly in ranked, has my appreciation. I've seen some really good users of it - them disruptors.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
A few times during this past Splatfest, my team and I practically locked the enemy team inside their spawn. One match on Blackbelly, we spawncamped them from about the 2:00 mark to the end of the match, and they only had 5.7% when the match ended (we had 85%. And won.). And a couple of times on Triggerfish, I kept any enemy I saw from leaving the spawn area for at least one minute (in one case I remember with the Octobrush, it was all three, and I got a triple-kill from behind to start it off. And never died. Which felt awesome when I saw that in the results, I hadn't noticed during the match.). And I spawncamped on Moray Towers for about a minute once with a teammate, which felt awesome and rewarding after fighting our way to the spawn point (and we won that one, if I'm remembering right).
Also, for some reason, after a certain point in both of the Splatfests I've played in, I switch weapons (to the N-Zap '89 during the second one, and to the Splattershot Jr. during this last one) and go on a hot streak for most of the rest of the day. It's weird, mostly because that never happens outside of Splatfest but also because I can't explain it at all, I just sort of go from losing to curbstomping to winning close matches, in that order, both times. And yeah, I'm sure part of that was getting good teammates, but that can't be all there is to it.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I have now gone from B- to A- using the Nozzlenose only. 4 more ranks until bragging greatness >_>

Last edited:

Putrid Squid

Inkling
I was playing Turf War in Port Mackerel using a Carbon Roller. I was rolling along at the start of the match when I noticed a Splatling player had seen me. I immediately dashed back into my ink and looped around one of the shipping containers and flanked him. He was aiming his gun where he had seen me go into the ink. I splatted him from behind.

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
During splatfest I've had a match where we've pinned the other team to their spawn point on Camp Triggerfish, to be honest I thought it wasn't possible to pin a entire team on that map for a moment.

My weapon of choice was the Splattershot Jr., you would think the short range on this weapon would be terrible on this map, unless you're fast enough to zip by the opponets with long range weapons then yes it is possible to succeed on this map.

The others where a Charger who had the most splats at 12 - 1.
A Splattling user who I've shared my bubbler twice with and have done a good job at pushing the team back.
Then our stealthy Ink Brush user, just jumps out and surprises them.

We've pinned them for a moment until one of them broke free, I've jumped back to spawn, climbed up the flood gate wall, tossed a splat bomb near the corner of the wall and BOOM! Back to spawn she goes, I've covered almost all of my opponet's ink that she left behind, time is up, and we've won by 89%.

Won three matches in a row with the same players on my team.
Are you sure it was an Ink Brush or could it have been an Octo Brush? I was using the Octo Brush during the Splatfest and the same exact thing happened to me, got some matches in a row where we pinned down the opponents near their spawn in the Camp, I specially remember one with a charger in our team and a splattling who pushed the team back, I got in through the side were the moving doors are. The charger and splatling pressed from far range, the Splattershot drew the enemies´ attention and I was popping out from ink to kill them close and personal. Only one of them tried to go through the path on the left instead of dropping down from the spawn.

That team worked wonders :)

Also, yesterday I had a TC match in Port Mackerel where we managed to keep the tower near the enemy´s spawn for all the match. I was putting down beacons everywhere, then going in from to create some chaos and putting more beacons even nearer to the spawn point. My teammates kept using the beacons so even if they died we could keep the pressure up. I can´t remember if we finally managed to get the tower to the goal, but it was a really fun match because the intensity was at 110% all the time. The enemy team was strong so they tried different things to push us back and we tried different strategies too, it was great.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
My 2nd best score for today....didn't get my camera in time to take a picture of my best score which was 19-3.....
20150809_230848.jpg

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Finally made it to Rank S.

Come at me Japanese players, Blasters, Chargers, and disconnects! I'm ready to go back down now.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Made it to S rank. Anyone else feel like solo ranked is WAY easier than team ranked against ultra laggy Japanese players? Finally after 4 days decided to play solo again and rank shot back up. Half way to S+.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Made it to S rank. Anyone else feel like solo ranked is WAY easier than team ranked against ultra laggy Japanese players? Finally after 4 days decided to play solo again and rank shot back up. Half way to S+.
Lol....it can be depending on the times. My squad is fine, but atm, I lost more points than gained. For example, if the Map is Moray towers, solo mode, you just have to pray no good sniper is on the other team. Squad Mode...there ALWAYS is a good sniper on the opponents team. Again, though,from what I have seen most have gone up rather than down in squads...cept me >_>

Kayura05

Inkster Jr.
My brother and I were playing today and he managed to get his personal best today. He wanted me to post it online so I did, I KNOW it's Kelp Dome with an Aero but still it's a pretty awesome score.

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom