• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
Pulled off a win on a 2 vs 4 A ranked TC on Saltspray Rig. We brought the tower down to 40 and lost it after that but we somehow sniped our way to a 5 minute timeout. Him and his E-Liter and me with my Suction Bombs ;)

Skaggles

Inkling
I had a 16:0 kd with the splatterscope, on moray towers splat zones, and no I did not camp.

I had a 22:4 kd with the splattershot pro on bluefin Depot tower control, and I road the tower by myself half way at least three times .

My achievements sound like child's play compared to some others here.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Managed to get to Water Slide King in Splatfest after almost four hours of playing with my N-ZAP '89. Did I mention I started not long after it began at midnight ET?

I need to sleep now. See you guys in the morning...!

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Won a 3 v 4
Killed 3 inklings with a mine
Got Coaster King

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Just played a match where my team absolutely wrecked the other, 80.1% to 10.4%! After suffering some incredible losses during that last session, it was a major relief to join up with essentially the perfect team.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
83-4.5% one match.

Each of my first five matches involved a win for us (roller coasters) by more than 20%.
From a guy supporting Water Slides, I have to say that's actually really impressive!

Anyway, I had a match in Saltspray Rig where we were constantly being harassed by rollers and Krakens, and they were dominating us for most of the time. However, in the last few seconds my teammates and I finally managed to break through and mow them down on our way to the top, and we pulled a win out of our butts by taking over that area. I swear, if that didn't happen I'd have left for another team right there!

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Ending Splatfest with a commanding win. And for desert I played Splat Zones on Kelp Dome for the first time. The enemy got to 15 seconds in first minute, but my team pulled it all the way back for a knockout with 10 seconds left. I lead with 14:7.

Comeback+NinjaSquid+InkResistance on that map is wonderful since the Zone is so close to the spawn point. The closer the Zone the stronger Comeback is.

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
I was playing Turf Wars on Blackbelly Skatepark, and my team was losing pretty badly. I made it to the center tower, but it was guarded by an opposing player (Arin from Game Grumps, actually. He was streaming for a charity they were doing.) Fortunately, I was able to obtain an Inkstrike, so I used it directly on him, scaring him away and splatting a different opponent. Arin tried to flee, but fell into my path, and I was able to splat him and a third random opponent, allowing my team to catch up and win the match.

And thus, I learned that the N-Zap 89' is the best thing to ever be invented.

RemiRei

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RemiRei
Splat Zones in Blackbelly Skatepark, was using the Krak-On Splat Roller, ended with a score of 18-5, felt pretty good after seeing that since that match was almost lost, made me feel like I had a huge hand in that victory.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I won a game once...in last.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Finally finished the amiibo challenges today. The "limited ink" ones were especially unforgiving, but I still managed.

Of course, the Hero Weapon Replicas just aren't quite as nice as the originals. I blame the Top Secret plans.

Njok

Bouncer
Finally finished the amiibo challenges today. The "limited ink" ones were especially unforgiving, but I still managed.

Of course, the Hero Weapon Replicas just aren't quite as nice as the originals. I blame the Top Secret plans.
Congrats! Whenever i see a charger replica i have nothing but deep respect. Just got my girl amiibo yesterday and i really suck with a charger. I died twice in the bluefin level and i don't even want to think about that final boss :D

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Congrats! Whenever i see a charger replica i have nothing but deep respect. Just got my girl amiibo yesterday and i really suck with a charger. I died twice in the bluefin level and i don't even want to think about that final boss :D
Actually, I find the roller challenges harder, mostly because you have to get up close and personal to the enemies to splat them. Not to mention the difficulty of getting ink up walls to climb. The charger challenges felt simpler since I could just snipe at enemies from afar and not have to worry about their mobility. Of course, I'm not so skilled with a charger in multiplayer so there's that.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
I had a 10-1 k/d once (and a decently high score) in turf war. I dunno how it happened. I was probably using a squelcher. I was probably also rather caffeinated at the time.

Also there was the first time using an Inkbrush... broke 1000 points well before the match ended and got some good kills, too.

I later could not remember how to do this again. I'll blame Comcast for this fact. You know, they're easy to pin blame on. For everything.

Njok

Bouncer
Actually, I find the roller challenges harder, mostly because you have to get up close and personal to the enemies to splat them. Not to mention the difficulty of getting ink up walls to climb. The charger challenges felt simpler since I could just snipe at enemies from afar and not have to worry about their mobility. Of course, I'm not so skilled with a charger in multiplayer so there's that.
I've only done the normal levels for the cash for now :D But i've mained the roller for quite some time so that wasn't too hard for me. I imagine the final boss will give me trouble though. I'll do it at some point.

As for the charger, the normal levels are indeed doable, but once targets start moving (even really crappy octolings) i just have a crazy hard time hitting them with the charger. It's probably just a matter of practice though. I'll collect the cash and then see if i'm up to the bosses. I do want that gear so the first few i'll do for sure.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I've only done the normal levels for the cash for now :D But i've mained the roller for quite some time so that wasn't too hard for me. I imagine the final boss will give me trouble though. I'll do it at some point.

As for the charger, the normal levels are indeed doable, but once targets start moving (even really crappy octolings) i just have a crazy hard time hitting them with the charger. It's probably just a matter of practice though. I'll collect the cash and then see if i'm up to the bosses. I do want that gear so the first few i'll do for sure.
Well then, wishing you some belated luck!

Anyway, I actually managed to do a few notable things the last few times I played:
  • I held off an enemy team in Urchin Underpass right at their base so that my teammates could claim turf from the center and brings ourselves a win. Best part was that I never died that time, making my K/D ratio 8-0.
  • There's also the time I played in Port Mackerel and scored 11 kills! We still lost the match, though.
  • Oh, and there was that one match where my team and I dominated the others heavily and three guys on the enemy team got dropped at the very end. Can't remember what stage that was on, though.

Devicho

Inkling
NNID
Devicho
I had a couple neat things happen recently in different matches.

Earlier this week on Moray Towers I was messing around with the Splattershot Jr. and decided to be bold and make way to the enemy base despite two snipers aiming at me down a straightaway. I jumped around erratically enough to apparently throw off their aim and splatted them both (with a Bubbler up to be fair) despite it being a really risky stunt to pull.

Then yesterday while using the Krak-On Splat Roller I took out the whole enemy team with one Kraken, and the proceeded to get six other splats while only getting splattted once, and only because I got ****y and went for a target I shouldn't have.

Taiga Kagami

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bowser66
on saltspray rig tower control I rushed and got there first and managed to kill them al as it was moving then my inkzoka was charged up (using tentatek splattershot) and I used it at the gape where you jump down near there spawn point and it hit all 4 of them and we won the game with me getting 8 kills and everybody getting 0, mostly luck but still gonna brag >.<

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I managed to score 1412p on one match in Camp Triggerfish. It felt pretty awesome to do so and essentially carry the team to victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom