• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

CK3

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Icarus3
One good game I got 1010 10/0.
Thought that was a great line up.
One game we corned the opposing team at their spawn. I went kraken last few seconds and did donuts around the spawn till the game ended. It was glorious.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
So this was more of luck than actual skill, but I'll share it anyway because of how glorious is was:

It was rainmaker mode on hammerhead bridge, and the other team had the lead. They had lost the rainmaker near the tower supporting the central walkway on my side of the map, and one team had broken the shield, but no one had taken it yet. Some combat was going on, with the rainmaker just sitting to the side, and I thought, 'why not,' and grabbed it and ran like sanic with my two run speed up mains. I ran almost all the way to the rainmaker tower, taking the lead for my team. If it hadn't been for one renegade opponent who had just respawned, I probably would have KO'd.

This song sums up the experience pretty well:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
My very first TW on Mahi-Mahi, my team and I pulled a victory out of our collective butts in the last few seconds of the match. We were swamped by the enemy at first but persevered to the very end. And I took out a foe who tried to ambush me at the very last moment, which helped our cause.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Don't usually brag, but recently have been putting in work with the L3D and it's paying off. Had a 10-2 and a 13-3 game with it yesterday, in my worst mode (zones), in a full S+ room. Going to keep using it.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Hello! The first time I played Ranked, Rainmaker was in rotation with Arowana Mall(and another stage I don't remember). I had the most amazing streak.
One rainmaker match I had on Camp Triggerfish was near the enemy spawn. My team bust the shield, and I grabbed the Rainmaker and went up to the wall with a teammate. The enemy team tried to get to us the other way around, but the teammate splatted them and used the 'C'mon!' message afterwards. Ended in a knockout :) I know it's not much, but this was before I had Splatoon friends, so I thought it was really nice.
About 2 months ago, I faced a Kraken and won(with the Aerospray RG)

PPG_ttar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
0705-3538-2870
I consistently can go somewhere between (17-14) kills / 5-3 deaths in S and S+ matches. Sometimes I do cool stuff...

E.G Just last week I Jump camped someone with a suction bomb, got a double kill with the tentatek then killed an E-liter with an inkzooka

Last edited:

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I've finally learned how to effectively use a Dynamo Roller~ >w<

With that, I'm able to use every roller in the game and actually play well with them~ :3 As a roller main, this makes me particularly proud of myself because the Dynamo had always been the one roller that I couldn't use very well. c:

ParanoidDrone

Full Squid
NNID
ParanoidDrone
I got a triple kill on the enemy in Moray Towers Splat Zones during overtime. They were all on the ledge above their own zone trying to take it back from us, but I was able to flank and get them all. We won after that.

It's very satisfying when your actions help seal a victory.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Last night on RM_Triggerfish, I made a major play. So I was holding the rainmaker and was using my teammates as meat shield. One guy wipe the rest of my team but I somehow manage to slip by. My teammates realized it and started to booyah before they respawned. I capped it and my face was gleaming after that play. It's not so much the play that got me but my teammates giving me energy to make the play.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
So I had this match at Arowana where my team initially had a hard time pushing into the enemy base since all the enemies were defending it well. However, when I got to the other side of the map I got to penetrate their defenses by splat-hopping into their pit while one of their chargers was shooting at me from behind my sight! That charger never got me and soon after I began inking up the enemy base, turning the battle in our favor. I also timed my Bubbler perfectly when confronting two of the Bad Guys and downed at least one of them if not both. In the end, they never got to recover from that.

I'm telling you, the Zink is a pretty awesome weapon for those clutch moments!

Azure J

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AzureJay89
So this happened to me today:

Sure I'm getting bodied, but I feel like there's a fair bit of bragging to be had here. How many of you have been hit with a frame perfect Inkstrike before? :lol

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
So this happened to me today:

Sure I'm getting bodied, but I feel like there's a fair bit of bragging to be had here. How many of you have been hit with a frame perfect Inkstrike before? :lol
Dude, it's amazing to hear that level of enthusiasm when playing. Nice video.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I always get a little satisfaction from splatting an enemy Dynamo Roller. Those things tend to be quite the pain in my side, so whenever I catch one off guard, I celebrate a little bit.

But that alone is insufficient. No, what brings me here is that I squished a Dynamo user with my Krak-On Roller. Twice. Those being the highlights of a rather depressing run with that weapon.

Relatively minor? Yes. Do I think it matters in this case? No.

TACO

Inkling
NNID
thepantsman
Getting a 180 QuickScope with the SplatterScope, and going on 14-0 in that match.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I accidentally splatted two people with one seeker. In desperation (after I notices I jumped right in front of another seeker) I just threw one out, splatting both the rainmaker carrier and an Aerospray.

Sasy

Inkling
NNID
aWanderingArtist
26 kills... with the Aerospray RG.

Granted, it was somewhere in the (lower) B ranks in Blackbelly Splat Zones, where Ink Mines and Inkstrike are extremely strong to use and easy to net kills with.
And.. I've went 15-0 as a Splatterscope in Moray Towers Splat Zones.. oh, and I was the one capturing the zone closest to enemy base. I was constantly protecting it, going offensive and getting it back while my teammates were doing god-knows-what back at my base.

Only kidding! The enemy team was determined to spawn camp us, so they were taking care of that and (occasionally) getting our zone, which allowed me to go offensive. I would have liked helped, but eh. We still won. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom