• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
The new players make turf war a joke... it's all roller players and they just keep on rolling while you're shooting or dropping bombs in their face. Entertaining for me at least, especially when I go at least 15-0 every match. I don't know if I should even "brag" or if I should just feel sorry for them.
When you get the true new players, yeah, it would be all too easy to just go 20/0. But I invented a new game mode that's actually really fun when playing them called "Defend the noobs!". It's challenging, especially if there's ONE lv20+ on the other team. I just go around inking areas that need inking and trying NOT to shoot anyone. It's sad. You see noobs rolling around and then just kind of stop dead in the middle to look around. Splatting them inst much to brag about...it's kind of pitiful. Shooting the big dummies in the test room takes more skill. And the noobs are [Callie cheer pose] "soo totes adorbs!" I just can't do it (unless they roll into my base....then back to spawn you go.)

So I'll paint and paint and cover ground and evade only (which is actually good evasion practice for hit & run raids. Even noobs can be dangerous when you haplessly wander between 4 of them.) If there's a higher level player on the other team picking on my noobs like jerks, I'll 1v1 and just hunt around the map for them, painting on the way: the core of the "Noob Defense" game mode. It's surprisingly challenging to play TW trying to NOT shoot anyone, to escape fights, still maintain coverage, and I do manage to get splatted that way a few times in some rounds. We even lose a few. If you're not vigilant enough the other noobs might figure out how to hit and then your team is behind. I slacked too long a few rounds when I'd killed a few of them and decided to jump back to spawn to try not interfering. And in the game of evasion I surprised myself by how many times I fell in the water at Mahi and museum trying to make long jumps I normally wouldn't try, in order to evade without firing. (Learned a new jumping spot too!)

On the chance I get a fresh faced level 1, I play "defend the noob at all costs" - go for bare on the other team, and go kamikaze taking hits for the hapless noob :D And that's a fun thing to brag about ;)

It's fun for everyone. The noobs get to try their game with the high level players they shouldn't be playing with not interfering, or neutralized by their own high level. Everyone gets a normal k/d at the end (though I'll top the ink rank , of course.) And I got a surprisingly challenging game of stealth painting only.

Once in a while you get that level 8 that goes 12/2, that splats you several times too, and you realize that's no level 8, it's just an alt for a good player (or a serious shooter veteran either way.) Then you just have to play normal and assume the other team is decent.

The other fun half of it is that it returned the joy of being a Splatoon noob. I missed that feeling of when the game was new and thinking it was the coolest thing ever to come off spawn and start painting everything around, assuming the enemy was doing that too, and not racing to center. And it really IS cool. For kicks, even you S+ ranks, should just go in Turf War, grab a Jr. or Aerospray and just start painting around the spawn for old time's sake. It's fun and zen!

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Yesterday when I was using the Octobrush Nouveau, I went 14/0. This was in a lobby with people who were level 35 or above so they weren't newbies. It was actually pretty funny that no one managed to kill me even once. These things make me proud of my brush. >w<
When I used the Octobrush Nouveau, the best I got was 10/0 but I was really proud about it because I never use brushes. Like ever. I own the other one, but I'm just not used to the Beakon/Kraken set.
When you get the true new players, yeah, it would be all too easy to just go 20/0. But I invented a new game mode that's actually really fun when playing them called "Defend the noobs!". It's challenging, especially if there's ONE lv20+ on the other team. I just go around inking areas that need inking and trying NOT to shoot anyone. It's sad. You see noobs rolling around and then just kind of stop dead in the middle to look around. Splatting them inst much to brag about...it's kind of pitiful. Shooting the big dummies in the test room takes more skill. And the noobs are [Callie cheer pose] "soo totes adorbs!" I just can't do it (unless they roll into my base....then back to spawn you go.)

So I'll paint and paint and cover ground and evade only (which is actually good evasion practice for hit & run raids. Even noobs can be dangerous when you haplessly wander between 4 of them.) If there's a higher level player on the other team picking on my noobs like jerks, I'll 1v1 and just hunt around the map for them, painting on the way: the core of the "Noob Defense" game mode. It's surprisingly challenging to play TW trying to NOT shoot anyone, to escape fights, still maintain coverage, and I do manage to get splatted that way a few times in some rounds. We even lose a few. If you're not vigilant enough the other noobs might figure out how to hit and then your team is behind. I slacked too long a few rounds when I'd killed a few of them and decided to jump back to spawn to try not interfering. And in the game of evasion I surprised myself by how many times I fell in the water at Mahi and museum trying to make long jumps I normally wouldn't try, in order to evade without firing. (Learned a new jumping spot too!)

On the chance I get a fresh faced level 1, I play "defend the noob at all costs" - go for bare on the other team, and go kamikaze taking hits for the hapless noob :D And that's a fun thing to brag about ;)

It's fun for everyone. The noobs get to try their game with the high level players they shouldn't be playing with not interfering, or neutralized by their own high level. Everyone gets a normal k/d at the end (though I'll top the ink rank , of course.) And I got a surprisingly challenging game of stealth painting only.

Once in a while you get that level 8 that goes 12/2, that splats you several times too, and you realize that's no level 8, it's just an alt for a good player (or a serious shooter veteran either way.) Then you just have to play normal and assume the other team is decent.

The other fun half of it is that it returned the joy of being a Splatoon noob. I missed that feeling of when the game was new and thinking it was the coolest thing ever to come off spawn and start painting everything around, assuming the enemy was doing that too, and not racing to center. And it really IS cool. For kicks, even you S+ ranks, should just go in Turf War, grab a Jr. or Aerospray and just start painting around the spawn for old time's sake. It's fun and zen!
That's a nice mode to play. I'll try that next time I play, but I don't get paired with newbies too much anymore.

Award

That's a nice mode to play. I'll try that next time I play, but I don't get paired with newbies too much anymore.
You and I are the same rank, and I'm only a few levels ahead and, yeah, I normally get pairings all lv40-50 mostly A rank and above in TW. But with the influx of noobs they've been giving me some noob pairings for a change. I'm sure you'll get a few chance too!

The really sad one was when the enemy team was mostly my normal 40-50 high rank opposition, and my team were all under lv15. I couldn't defend the noobs at all :(

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
So I took the Sloshing Machine Neo for a spin when it came out, and when I played one particular match in Walleye Warehouse I scored a 10-2 K/D ratio and over 1000p while my team effectively held off the others. Nevermind that it ended up a 4v3, I still felt awesome wielding the SMNeo!

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
So I took the Sloshing Machine Neo for a spin when it came out, and when I played one particular match in Walleye Warehouse I scored a 10-2 K/D ratio and over 1000p while my team effectively held off the others. Nevermind that it ended up a 4v3, I still felt awesome wielding the SMNeo!
I'll def try out the Sloshing Machine again. The Tri-Slosher, too. And of course, I'm going to use my new baby, the Octobrush Nouveau.

Award

A few days ago I was in TW and there was "that one player" that was all but impossible. I kept him tied up most of the matches. He'd splat me 4-5 times, I'd splat him 1-2, but he had to work for those splats, it was almost 1v1 with our battles taking up most of the right side of Depot on both team's sides with a lot of dodging and weaving. Find out after he's S+ rank!

I play a lot of S & S+ players with mixed results, but that one was great specifically because I was actually giving him a challenge! And I wasn't using one of my main weapons, I was playing with trislosher for the third time ever.

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
Walleye Warehouse, tower control. Our team is loosing 82 to 49. About 30 seconds left in the match, a sniper has kept us from proceeding. Me with my trusty Tri-Slosher manages to take out the sniper and ride the tower to the opponents side. I use my bubbler and my teammate activates a killer wail though it misses, the specials allow me to get a triple splat on the enemies, and we take the lead 47 to 49 in the last few seconds of the match. Still stuck in B- hell tho -sobbing-

Also made an alt account to mess around on, at level 2 I got a quad kill. Feels good man.

Cactus

Semi-Pro Squid
Friend and I both got 2000p with Aerospray MG in a Public Turf Wars.
Map was Walleye Warehouse ~ And before you ask, we were messing around and shooting at the same spot for the full 2 minutes (about 15-20 seconds was recovering our ink.)

rsnw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jamipami
yesterday on port mackerel rainmaker I was carrying the rainmaker and my team's octobrush started running from our bump area to our goal and I just swam, with my 3 main and 3 sub swim speed up abilities, right in his back through the **** and I KO'd

and then i realised my recording was off because it shut the last match due to my disk being full ;-;

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It was a match like many other matches I've fought on Saltspray Rig: the enemy team had gained a foothold in the top area and weren't about to budge. Worse, they had most of the other areas locked down pretty nicely too.

In my frustration I decided to make a push for the top area all alone. In hindsight, a really stupid idea (especially since I was rockin' the Krak-On Roller), but to my surprise it worked. There was only one squiddo guarding it, and after taking care of her I had free reign over it for a good while.

Eventually my teammates made another successful push, allowing us to make a pretty sweet comeback. And to think, barely a minute in I thought it was already over. (Sadly, that was my only win for a while, but I'm not here to mope about that stuff.)

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Had a great run with the Splat Charger a few days ago. Managed to get a double kill with a splat bomb, did 5/0 or 5/1 pretty consistently (with only one 1/3), and sniped a lot of unsuspecting flankers trying to take the ramp on Camp Trigger to cross over to our side of the map. I think it's time I give the Squiffer a shot. Most of my kills weren't from very far off. They were more "gotcha!" kills than anything else.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've been doing pretty well with the Krak-On Roller today. Got multiple triple kills, one with the roller itself, the others with the Kraken. Plus that first one caused a total team kill (someone else got the last squiddo).

And, as happened the other day, I managed to set a comeback in motion in one match as well. It worked, my team rallied, and the rest is history.

Think I'll take a break for now. Quit while you're ahead & what not.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Currently, my record with the Vanilla Sploosh is 14-something. Also, I've done two 80% to 9-11% in two matches today. And last but not least, I've splatted the whole Past Team because they were all practically in one spot XD All with the Sploosh-O-Matic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom