• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Ayykari

Senior Squid
I've gotten multiple splats just by aiming in random places with a charger, typically while trying to ink turf. I almost always feel kind of bad afterwards because the poor player most likely had no idea what just happened or how the charger user knew exactly where they were.

There was also one time where I was cornered by two players while using Splatterscope. I threw a bomb at my feet in desperation, and both players swam right into the radius of the bomb, splatting them. It was great.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Finally, I can boast that I've wiped the enemy team single-handedly, and that doing so actually made a difference!

Also, at another match's end I threw a Suction Bomb to try and get some more turf inked before the match was over, and I accidentally splatted two more squiddos with it. I was a bit bewildered by it at first, actually.

Switch Friend Code
SW-1979-9179-2672
During the Pro-Pineapple vs Anti-Pineapple Splatfest, I was doing a match on Arowana Mall, and found myself in a situation where I was in one of the narrow alleyways, and three opponents were chasing me down, with one of them having Kraken activated. I swam back as far as I could until I was pretty much cornered, and fired on the Kraken in the hopes of keeping them back long enough to splat them when they reverted. They did transform back, and by this point, due to how narrow the alley was, they were pretty much lined up in a row, so the ones in front were absorbing the ones in the back's shots. So I just fired straight ahead, splatting all three of them in succession and coming out scot-free. It was incredible. They were winning by that point, too, so we took it back while the three of them were out ;D

Kayura05

Inkster Jr.
At the museum I was at spawn and say a teammate dancing back and forth with another squid. Seeing neither was actually charging toward the other I superjumped to her, landed and threw a splashwall in front of her charged the enemy and took him out. She Booyah'd me and we charged forward. I ended up getting around 8 more splats that match. It was fun.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Today on rainmaker in Walleye Warehouse, I somehow splatted the whole team at the beginning with my trusty carbon roller. I jumped around the side of the central boxes and splatted two, jumped further around and splatted the third and then swam up behind the charger and splatted them as well. It was amazing.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Usually, any time I bump into somebody with a Carbon Roller is a cause for concern, since it doesn't steamroll Inklings like its bretheren.

And yet, today, I did just that. And steamrolled a guy with it.

Lag might've been a part of it, admittedly; he didn't die until about a second after I walked into him, so he might've taken a stray bullet or two prior. But still, I found it quite amusing.

Nintenm1

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NintenAlt
There was one time before squad battles, me and my friends were playing online. I was using the roller, and my friends kept saying "where the hell is Nett? (me)" and it was cool because as soon as they starting asking where I was, I just so happened to have passed them up and I jumped from the wall I was stuck to and rolled over all 3 of them.

First time using the roller, too.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
1 experience point away from Level 50 and the ultra-fresh Legendary Cap. I took out my trusty Dynamo Roller for my last game before I enter Level 50.

It was Rainmaker in Saltspray Rig (Fitting, as Saltspray was the first map I ever played on) I start off doing okay, supporting my team with a few splats and inking turf. Then, one of my teammates closes in on the enemy spawn, while the rainmaker carrier was splatted. I popped the bubble, took the rainmaker, and made a mad dash for the enemies base. Speeding through enemy fire, I was able to dunk the rainmaker and reach level 50 with a 10-2 game.

CherrieX

Inkling
I don't even have Splatoon ultimate brag achieved I don't have a Wii u either not pointlessly spending money brag achieved 360 noscope MLG oh baby a triple ultimate bragmaster.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Tonight was the first night that I decided to use the .96 Gal Deco.

I went 15 kills with no deaths and came up at the top of the team with over 1000p.

For someone who has never used any of the Gal weapons before and that was my first match with it, I would say that is something very good haha. :p I guess I'm used to the set since the Slosher Deco has the same one but I never thought I'd do that well with it. ^.^

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
So I got the amiibos for Christmas (yay) and I played through the girl challenge to get the charger yesterday (when we got home for Christmas with the fam). After getting the charger and playing a few rounds I wanted to play something a bit more comfortable, so I switched to the Splattershot. There was another guy with the Splattershot (actually the Heroshot Replica) in my lobby. We kept getting put on the same team, and he would have incredible kill counts. I mean, I'm no slough with the gun either (especially last night with a bunch of noobs), but I'd be getting 9/1 and he'd get 13/4. So we finally get put on different teams and I knew I'd have to be at my best. I ended up shutting him down with burst bombs because I have a bunch of bomb range up stuff. He ended that game with 2/9. He was a good player, but it felt good to beat him with the same gun. We got placed in different lobbies after that, unfortunately.

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
The new players make turf war a joke... it's all roller players and they just keep on rolling while you're shooting or dropping bombs in their face. Entertaining for me at least, especially when I go at least 15-0 every match. I don't know if I should even "brag" or if I should just feel sorry for them.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I think I did good yesterday, but it was against newbies(well, they had at least a level 20 on their team). So we were on Mahi Mahi Resort, and the over level 20 person had an E-Liter and was chilling on their perch. I managed to get to him(he/she ended up moving) and splatted them, then began to try to keep everyone in their base. We won.

Toaster

Senior Squid
During a battle in blackbelly splat zones the other team used the bubbler. Three of them were huddled up so I threw a splat bomb in the middle of them and it exploded at the same time their bubble wore off splatting them all at the same time. It was beautiful~ :'v

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I tried out the Octobrush Nouveau at Camp Triggerfish and Moray Towers, and I managed to score some epic multi-splats in a couple matches. One was a double in Triggerfish where I sneaked a Splat Bomb near an enemy's Splash Wall from around a corner and splatted both the owner and another squid. The other was in Moray where in the last few moments I held off three people and splatted them to keep them from sneaking into our side of the map. Good times!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I was in a turf war lobby with 3 squids under level 10, so I figured it would be a fairly easy lobby, for one side at least. We ended up destroying the other team and I was thinking "they must have gotten ALL the low level squids." Well, it turns out WE had all the low level squids. But I went 14/0 and had over 1400 points, so we won. It was one of two highlights of the night.

The second isn't quite as epic, but I appreciated it. I had 11 kills and 1111 turf inked.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Yesterday when I was using the Octobrush Nouveau, I went 14/0. This was in a lobby with people who were level 35 or above so they weren't newbies. It was actually pretty funny that no one managed to kill me even once. These things make me proud of my brush. >w<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom