• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Kallo

Inkling
NNID
KalloJin
Started a ranked match and when it did the intro part where the players emerge from the spawn I saw that my team was down a member and though to myself "Well there goes 10 points and my rank up" but 22 splats later me and the other two held on like champs and won with a KO while they had 43 points left to cover Now I'm B+ went on a huge win streak and almost A- :D

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I was on Blackbelly skatepark and do my usual rollout: I go down that tight little metal thing and come out facing the enemy halfpipe befor epainting the area around me if no one is coming through or if I don't feel threatened. I do my usual setup there pressuring enemies off the flank, killing a few guys who are closer to mid and charging the Inkzooka, but at some point something goes wrong for my team and we lose all of mid on the other side. now I'm a bit preoccupied, but I look to the right after killing one more guy and see a guy with a roller come up to me, and I start shooting at him and he goes Kraken and his two buddies, one of which has the bubble, start coming after me from mid, blocking off the area I used to rollout. Now, I being the TF2 scout cowardly ******* I am, hightail it out of there the only way available that wouldn't make me go past their damn spawn: I go up and around up the ramp thing to the upper area, before jumping down into mid when they're still shooting and giving chase. What follows is literally me running a circle around mid painting only what I have to to get away, and running into the other guy who respawned and moved to a place facing OUR halfpipes, so I couldn't just exit that way. I had to finish the loop and climb all the way back up to the metal thing I used on rollout and then swim backwards a bit more, before immediately twisting around and unleashing my inkzooka on the fools who are STILL chasing me this far into the choke, and racking up a few kills. It was one of those moments so absurd that it just stuck in my memory, I felt like a mouse being chased by a bunch of cats all over the house.

Pic in spoiler is my escape path. Start at the X.

Last edited:

themankk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
1234RJ
I got 22 kills in a match with the splattershot jr. I didnt use the bubler or any subs, i just got em, the whole match. I let alll my frustration out and focused only on troll kills. I didnt even want points, just dem KOS

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Not a high score moment but a clutch outplay moment:

I made the game winning push one game where I was on a roller being chased by another roller and an aerospray. After rolling around and ducking around corners to avoid getting shot, the two were getting pretty close behind me. Then I said EFF IT and I turned around (while still rolling), jumped right over the enemy roller and splatted him, landed and rolled over the aerospray guy.

I jumped up out of my couch when we won after that. I always knew you could jump over enemy rollers but I never tried to jump while my roller was down. This makes roller VS roller battles much more interesting.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Won a 2 vs 4 in Turf War.
Did a perfect 0-100 win in Splat Zone.
18-2 kill ratio in Turf War.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
On Arowana Mall, just after the mad dash to the zone, our team reached it before for the other team. I preemptively threw a splat bomb right next to the slope at the top, and I splatted 3 of the other team simultaneously because they all went up the slope. Needless to say our team won that match pretty handily(it's hard to retake the zone once the other team has it).

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I managed to win a very close match at Urchin Underpass for my team once. The center area was in the hands of the other team and they were set to win the match just barely. Yet our team managed to push ahead in the last few seconds. I helped out by activating my Suction Bomb Rush at just the right time and threw those things all around the area, quickly reclaiming turf. It was glorious.

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
i was using the splash-o-matic and there was this annoying aerospray or something

so i used suction rush

and three bombs stuck to the ramp they were standing next to

and they just turned around and stared and tried to run away

AND IT BLEW THEM THE **** UP HA

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
I was playing turf war with the Splattershot Jr. and I noticed a roller rolling behind me. I jump over it while still facing away and the quickly do a 180 with my camera and kill him. The real miracle was that I did not get lag splatted.

yaminokaabii

Inkling
NNID
YamiNoKaabii
I just had an absolutely beautiful Turf Wars game on Port Mackerel. I've taken to playing the Krak-On Roller recently just because it's just so fun. At the beginning of the game I did my usual, rolling down one of the side paths(the higher ones that lead to mid), placing a beakon, then rolling on towards the middle. Well, this game, for some reason, one of the paths into their base was completely free - I'm not sure if the enemy team just went around, or if they inked down that path and then left the path, or if they charged into middle and my team slaughtered them - either way, the road to their spawn was free. So I rolled on down it, then rolled down THEIR side path. Then I hid in my ink and waited.

I splatted so many enemies there.

First it was just one at a time - I'm not sure if it was the same one. He'd be shooting on down and I'd pop up and splat him when he came around the corner. Then I'd roll out the area he'd inked and return to my previous hiding spot. Repeat. Once, I killed him while he was taking out my beakon. A sub for a splat? I'll take it! Later, two rushed me, then three. I splatted them all. Then another group of the three of them went after me and I finally fell. I wasn't angry or anything - sort of proud, actually. They had finally learned to defeat the Roller!

Then I checked my map while respawning, and I saw that they had inked the entire side corridor - EXCEPT for a tiny little splotch of orange that held my Beakon.

I superjumped over and rolled down that corridor again, the last time.

The game ended with our win, and me 11 kills with just the one death.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I played my first few matches in Bluefin Depot and my team managed to win each and every one, even when the other team had two Splash-O-Matics. The only thing that could have made it better was if I won every match ever in that session; I would have gotten a SO HAWT! vibe then.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
*I never lose a Turf War
*I get at least 1500 Points in every match
*My highest score was 2130
*Im in A - A+ Rank
*I can play nearly every Weapon

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
I guess I got more than 2000p in a match with the Golden gun. Forgot what it's called. That's really my achievement I guess. It's my highest score so far.
Oh edit: I got a +13 SO HAWT

Also won with 86.2 - 0.7. IDK if they were AFK or whatever at the spawn but it still counts lol

Last edited:

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Well, I got Splatoon late so I'm like, one of the few not lv.20's online, so every fight is an uphill battle because of my 1-star gear.
Despite that, in Splat Zones, I come out on top nearly every match with the Jr., it's a really great feeling doing well at a game you've only played in 2 sittings. I wonder how it must feel for a lv.20 to get splatted multiple times by someone who just hit lv.10?

Power

Inkling Commander
Shot a custom Blaster the second he used bubbler, he bounced into the water at Bluefin Depot. I died from the blaster, but I felt like such a beast at that moment and it stopped the possible assault of shielded enemies thus saving the game.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The other day I ambushed 3 players of the enemy team as they approached the top of Saltspray Rig near the end. One teammate got killed, so I hid in our ink as their E-Liter 3k, Krak-On Roller and I think a Splash-o-Matic came up to repaint the whole area and win the game. Once they were close enough, I popped up and splatted the Charger, then the Roller and finished it off with a draw against the Shooter. Since they couldn't claim that large area we managed to win.

And that's how I learned about the power of the Nozzlenose :cool:

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
So yesterday I was playing ranked on SaltSpray Rig. My team was all down, but me so with my fully charged special I go to the top of the tower on my teams side, activate my Killer Whale to kill the other player on the other tower, notice another charger near the incline trying to get me when I set up the Killer Whale, and I decided to move down and trick shot them before they can hit me, and his buddy comes to back him up, but I charge up again and get a triple kill in a matter of 10 seconds. It was the coolest thing I have down in Splatoon, and my team still lost because I was unable to take point nor able to take out the last team member that was hiding behind the little entry meetpoint.

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
I was using the Elite on the mine in Ranked mode, shooting from the ramp in the opposite side of the Splat Zone, when I see an enemy roller coming my way from a distance. I start shooting to stop him from advancing, so he hides behind a wall and stays there for a while, painting over what he could with his melee attack. Once he had a full meter, he started approaching and went Kraken on me. Using the height advantage from the ramp, I jumped over him and fled on squid form. He came after me but I had a good headstart. I slowed down for him to get closer just and then SplatBombed him in the face the moment his Kraken ran out.

The thing is the same thing had happened to me the match before so I had devised this plan in case another roller came after me and it worked flawlessly. He fell right into my trap :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom