• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Bragging Thread

Ametrine

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ferrethugger98
I splatted a Kraken with an ink mine. Yes, really. Or I might've just caught them just as they transformed back...

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
I splatted a Kraken with an ink mine. Yes, really. Or I might've just caught them just as they transformed back...
I've done the same but with Dynamo roller instead of an ink mine. You just gotta learn the timing.

Boidoh

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Boidoh
I did a triple kill with the Kelp Splatterscope on Ranked Battles...

Oh baby a triple.

Power

Inkling Commander
So you were the one I played the other day who beasted with the splatters cope. Nice plays man, ur aim with the scope is insane. (idk if u remember but I am Qc>>Rayman)

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I went on a 12 game losing streak =D... oh, wait...

I did go 12/2 in a game with the Carbon Roller while netting 800p and I suck with rollers.

Actually helped my team with the Kelp Charger by providing covering fire and we won. (Dat Sprinkler tho...)

Got 2 for 1 with an Inkzooka shot.

Reached B- with my gold at 77777 (this was about a week ago)

Prime 2.0

Inkling
NNID
PrimeV2
Best K/Ds I've had was 16/0 in turf wars on skatepark, and 32/6 in ranked on either skatepark or port, don't remember. I seldom go above 1300p, usually play krak-on roller with a heavy focus on murder. A+, often play off-gear in order to level stuff up, but I keep winning when I do, so it works I guess? The people who get 2000+p are ****ing nuts, and I want their secrets.

Craziest streak I can remember was when I was effectively surrounded by the enemy team in skatepark at the middle after killing somebody and pushing forward, after my team had been bottled up in our base just before the 2 minute mark - I kept fighting and started killing the remaining three while trying to stay alive, while freshly dead players jumped in as I was -still- in their killzone so I couldn't focus down the jumpers immediately. Mid-way through I thought I was already dead and was just doing the motions and hit somebody even though I couldn't see through the gunk on my screen where I got him.

When the dust cleared, I had killed the entire enemy team twice as a solo-combatant, in a single spot on the map, and I had 15/3 for the game. When we still lost (by a thin margin), I just thought to myself that there wasn't anything more that I could have done, and have never felt quite as let down by a team since.

Meanwhile, as much as me and Nekoishi butt heads elsewhere, the two of us are seemingly invincible when placed on the same team. "The Rolling Thunder," as she's taken to calling it, loses maybe 1 out of 12 matches; it's completely nuts.

Last edited:

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
Should call me Inkoishi here, Prime, since that's what I go by :P

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
I don't have as much to brag about as some in this this thread, but I am happy with my run today using the Kraken roller:

+9.0, my highest score was 1172, and I had a lot of good kill/death ratios like 9/2, 6/0, and there was one match where I lost but got top score and 0/0 ratio..but I was inking the entire time nonstop, not sure what happened there.

I have been noticing the competition is a little stiffer in turf wars lately. Just faced 2 good people using the inkbrush. The inkbrush manages to swat away my Kraken special a few times before my teammate splatted her from the side.

I was good about inking my base and using squid beacons as well.

True Story.

Last edited:

LanceTheTurtle

Inkling
NNID
Sametal
1810 has been my highest winning round, 1530 losing- both with the Aerospray RG. I use other guns, too, but we all know how OP Aerospray RG is, lol. Highest kill count has been maybe ten, lol. Mostly because I splatter ink before foes everytime. ☆
In ranked battle, my best has been like 16-2.

Last edited:

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
One round we won, I had 1429, and the second place player had 785. Another one, I had 1021, and the rest of my team had 400 or less. We lost by 2%. I felt proud because I was carrying the team lol. I'm usually a handicap, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Turf Wars, Kraken Rolla:

1202, 8 kills 0 deaths!

Man that was a nice run, and had a squid beacon in the center nearly the whole time.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
I got 10 straight games of winning all of them AND getting ~1800 points in every match :cool:. It was amazing. I didn't get killed in half my matches, and I even got my all-time high of points, 1859. It helps to play on a big stage such as Kelp Dome, which somehow I also managed to play all 10 games during that duration, to rack up points.

There was also a match where I got 1600 points for my team and we LOST. :scared: If you think it's not as much as 1800, keep in mind the 300 point bonus, meaning I would've got 1900+, which would be my new record. Ironically, two matches afterward, the exact same thing happened again.

There was also a match in Saltspray Rig where my 3 noob teammates couldn't take out this ONE opponent, so I sent an Inkstrike, and BOOM he died instantly. (Not really a bragging point, but whatever.)

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Thus far Tower Control has been my jam. Went on a 12 game winning streak back up to B+ from C+ (gave up on trying to E-liter that mode). Average at least 10 kills a game and my best game is 19 kills (K/D ratio is OK but 12/4 is my best spread). Have single-handed rode the tower down to 48 seconds (I honestly have zero idea where my team was) and took out the entire opposing team from the tower.

FrostedHawk

Inkling
Mode: Tower Control
Weapon: Charger
Map: Kelp Dome
The enemy team had 1 more second to go before they won. The tower was seriously 99% done but I barely managed to kill the ones remaining on the tower and take control before time ran out bringing us to overtime. I rode that tower ALL the way across the map (thanks to my team for doing so well on covering me) to the enemy base. I was taking shots from every angle, but as a charger there wasn't much I could do (especially with the pillar in the center of the tower). I managed to snipe a couple people on the way, but I mostly dodged and weaved. Unfortunately, at the end there was a grenade placed on the tower that killed me forcing our team to lose control at 96%.

Final Result:
Enemy, 91%
My Team, 96% in a very hype way

We may have lost the match, but definitely won in style points.

Chamo

Inkling
NNID
Northnan
Tower Control at Bluefin Depot. Was riding the tower up to the opponents' side. Activated my echolocator to find 3 of them in their ink, waiting for me to come up over the ledge. Threw 1 Splatbomb and took out all 3 of them.

Also, in Walleye Warehouse, saw an opponent's Super Jump landing point, and threw a Splatbomb in that direction. Right after throwing it, I took out two other opponents with my shooter, just as the first landed and got hit with the bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom