• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I just had the craziest RainMaker match ever. My team was doing relatively well, and I kept on killing people with my bombs and the Luna Blaster Neo, with no Damage Ups.
At one point we almost made it to the podium where the whole team except me got splatted. But before I joined my team in death, I threw another bomb, wiping out half of the enemy team.
My K/D Ratio of that match was 18/11, the highest so far in terms of kills.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I just had the craziest RainMaker match ever. My team was doing relatively well, and I kept on killing people with my bombs and the Luna Blaster Neo, with no Damage Ups.
At one point we almost made it to the podium where the whole team except me got splatted. But before I joined my team in death, I threw another bomb, wiping out half of the enemy team.
My K/D Ratio of that match was 18/11, the highest so far in terms of kills.
Awesome, man

…You're supposed to run Damage Up with the Luna? The more you know

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
> 13:1 with the Splasho on Saltspray. Best comeback from a tilt so far.
> (also Saltspray, different day iirc) ended up in a 2 (my team of course) vs 4 Turf match. Remaining teamo and I were holding ground at the top of the map. He Bubbled both of us and we knocked out all four opponents. Managed a win.
> Was being targeted by some twink with a Sploosh for two matches. Lobbed a Suction Bomb from my side of mid to the top of the building in Flounder Heights. Turned out his jump ring was up there >:D

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
A couple of days ago I had a crazy match... I was using the Custom Blaster and it was on Camp Zones. I was defending our zone and on the Gamepad I saw someone pushing left side to flank us. I immediately rushed to there and I directed the enemy inkling. But what I didn't know is that he brought his entire team! I got a direct on his friend, (A really clutch direct, I was really surprised I hit that) and popped by Bubble so I could take out the other 2! QUAD FEED!!!! Ended 12-5! (My direct training session is really paying off lol.)

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Museum Tower Control.

Team is getting pwned, enemy has 10 to go.

I'm used to this situation and most of the time the only thing you can do is flank if you wanna save the game. So I proceed to do the stealthiest f'ing flank starting with the high right part and ending near the tower near our base. Navigating blind spots is tricky but fun when you successfully pull it off.

I am now near our base and see ALL 4 enemies squid partying on the tower, thinking they've won with 5 to go. They are squidbagging SO HARD. All of them!

My teammates are all dead, they've obviously given up.

BUT...the flank is successful! All 4 enemies get wiped by my blastoise (custom blaster).

BOOYAH! goes one or two teammates. I felt like their hero.

Some of us get on the tower, some proceed to hide and shark once the enemies try and get back to mid.

But the enemies appear to have stopped trying. Did they think they had a guaranteed victory? They begin facerushing us like n00bs, and my teammates unleash their BEAST MODES.

Our Dynamo is flicking all over them and getting doubles, and our shooters have all of a sudden become ninja assassins. Where was this at the beginning??? Lol.

At around 50 to go I actually die while trying to move the tower! I got scared because usually when I die once, my teammates' deaths aren't far away.

But my teammates never stopped moving the tower and kept wiping enemies! I was seriously impressed!

We then get our last wipe, and with 5 to go everyone on my team is on the tower, spamming BOOYAH!

If I were on the opponent team I'd have a tough time cleaning up my salt trucks after a match like that, lol.

To date it's my most favorite match ever, just because the opponents were squidbagging so hard, and then got karma flank'd equally as hard.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
A while ago, Arowana mall, i was on snipe using Splatterscope. Someone was crawling behind me, shot them, then turned back 180 degrees and immediately scored a double on someone on the middle field. Have yet to score the elusive 360, but i'm getting there!

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
A lovely Arowana TW game! I was levelling up gear with the SM Neo and was ultimately glad that I had that particular weapon (as opposed to the vanilla) - I was also, I think, aided by my completely random decision to wear my Run Speed shoes (main and two subs) instead of anything more conventional for my play of that weapon. For the most part, we were being beaten back quite badly by the opponents and their Hydra presented a particularly formidable wall.

I managed to sneak myself onto the side of the middle-left plant pot on our slope to mid in the midst of some chaos while all of my teammates were taken out. I stayed there unnoticed for some time, watching the opponents atop the slope and deciding on my next course of action (and waiting for a moment in which I thought I could make a break for it).

I noticed that the unconventional side of the wall leading up to the opponents' side alley was perfectly in our ink colour and would later thank the teammate who had thought to cover it. Crossing my fingers (not literally), I picked a moment to dash for it, just about surviving all shots that the stationed opponents landed on me and making it to the end of the alley. I then turned to their grated catwalk, noting that my 'zooka was ready... and popped it to instantly take out a newly-spawned opponent dropping down from their high wall. I waited a moment then sent off another shot timed perfectly to hit the Hydra who had pursued me that far. Then I just waited out the rest of the Special before working on covering as much of their side as I could.

This was within 15 seconds of the end. At this point, my team had been able to get through the thinned enemy lines and they had no time to come back; from a major disadvantage, we pulled out to roughly a 45-40 victory. I had run a 7/1 record and was either first or second in turf inked. I did check afterwards and most of the room was S ranked, so it wasn't a Pyrrhic victory in that sense!

Last edited:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
So I think I made it into the Splatfest Top 100 for Team Marie. I can't think of any players in the S+ rank range who use their irl names besides me. Since I'm boring like that. ;) I also encountered several of those players in the name range, so I am pretty sure it's me, the Matthew on the third column. My final Power was in the 1800s.

The list.

Shout outs to Chill Gabe, he was a great teammate. I ran into him twice during fest, we had several battles together, too bad we kept being DC'd from each other.

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
So I think I made it into the Splatfest Top 100 for Team Marie. I can't think of any players in the S+ rank range who use their irl names besides me. Since I'm boring like that. ;) I also encountered several of those players in the name range, so I am pretty sure it's me, the Matthew on the third column. My final Power was in the 1800s.

The list.

Shout outs to Chill Gabe, he was a great teammate. I ran into him twice during fest, we had several battles together, too bad we kept being DC'd from each other.
Does your thing on SplatNet have the Too 100 logo on it?

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I'm REALLY good at using the splattershot jr. and Octobrush in TW
I know killing isn't the objective, but not only do I get a lot of kills, I also cover a lot of turf, sometimes I've even carried my team to victory. Even on my tiny new main account (in comparison to the alt that's lv. 48 with a ton of cool gear) I wreck pretty much everything since the instant i got my hands on the Splattershot Jr. I realized how much I liked it.

Having never picked it up myself until recently considering the game, wii u, and my alt account were a hand-me-down, I didn't get a chance to experience levels 1-20 myself (maybe even more than that)? My only experiences were with the Aerospray, so I was VERY biased to it for a short period of time, trying to defend the fact I was kinda scared to get out of my comfort zone to try other weapons for a little. I'm really glad I ended up trying out new things, otherwise i'd still be dying left and right trying to splat people to protect myself using an aerospray (no offense to those that like aerospray, I actually can't use it very well anymore.)

But i'm kinda rambling, I apologize. I mean to just say:
I feel incredibly confident and proud of my skills with these two weapons and I've done more than I ever had with my old main weapon with them. <3

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Krak-On, Port Mackerel, Rainmaker, S. I was careless at the beginning of the match and got splatted by a Hero Roller Replica’s Suction Bomb. The opponent squidbagged me in the kill cam, and the enemy team got a good lead. As we were fighting back, I noticed that the offender was squidbagging everyone on my team, not just me.

Naturally, I got angry, but I played extra carefully from then on. The results? We took back the lead and got a knockout, even. I was the one to dunk the Rainmaker. The squidbagger went 8/10 and I went 21/5, which might be my best K/D ever (I don’t really keep track). Buddy, if you’re going to try to provoke me in one of my best map/mode/weapon combinations (in which I can fairly consistently go 10/5 or better) while using one of my mains, you really ought to play better than that.

NNID
Geomancy-paw
I'm S rank, and I main Custom Hydra. Once I was playing in TC on Arowana Mall and got a K/D ratio of 18-4 while winning the match, though I can't remember what the score was. I get a lot of splats anyway with my Hydra but that was my personal record for me. I'm sure the other team hated me, at one point in the match I managed to splat 3 of them in CQC because Bubblers, bro :U

Also I took my E-liter, which I don't consider myself pro at all because I have shaky aim when using chargers, into Splat Zones on Mahi-Mahi and got 14 kills, my highest count ever, with no Damage Ups. Just Quick Respawn, Quick Super Jump, Special Charge Up and a crap ton of Echolocators. No Dynamo or Gal was spared that day :U I surprised myself, to say the least, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom