The Bragging Thread

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
In a game of RM Triggerfish, their entire team was hiding behind a wall and being tracked. I was on other side of the wall, armed with a Kraken. Guess what happened: I took them by surprise, splatted 3 of them in one Kraken jump and made another leap and took out the last one.
This is why you don't bundle up together, kids!

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Last night in Splat Zones Underpass, the opponent team nearly won by knockout by 1 point. I, using a Octobrush Nouveau managed to stop the team from winning by spreading ink all over the zone. They lost control, and my whole team managed to take over the zone and managed to win by knockout, making a really effective comeback.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Last night in Splat Zones Underpass, the opponent team nearly won by knockout by 1 point. I, using a Octobrush Nouveau managed to stop the team from winning by spreading ink all over the zone. They lost control, and my whole team managed to take over the zone and managed to win by knockout, making a really effective comeback.
Same exact thing happened to me but on Tower Control. Also I was trying out the Luna Blaster in turf war and I splatted everyone on the opposing team with 3 Inkzooka hits. :)

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
So yesterday, after a pretty meh performance with the Neo Sloshing Machine as well as the Krak-On in S rank, I decided to mess around with my newly acquired pure Run Speed Up hat. Specifically, I took the Sploosh-o-Matic 7 for a spin with a pure Swim/Run Speed Up build (which I later adapted to include Quick Respawn). I’ve had some success with the Neo Sploosh-o-Matic in Rainmaker before, and I’m actually really good at using Splat Bombs and Inkzookas, so it wasn’t entirely unknown territory.

First match: Bluefin Depot Splat Zones. Since I was fast, I decided to get to the side opposite the zone as quickly as possible to take control of it. When I got there, I managed to immediately take out the two opponents. I swam up the ramp to the other side and splatted at least one more foe. After that, we of course claimed the zone and got ready to defend it. I took out a couple more enemies and just like that, we’d won by knockout. I got 6/0, the best K/D in my team by far (the others had all been splatted at least once and gotten two splats at most).

Shortly after that game, on the same map, I had a match where I got two triple splats and one quad splat, the latter ending n a trade. That quad was at the beginning of the game, and somehow my team didn’t manage to get the zone before people started respawning. We still won, though! Afterwards, In a Piranha Pit Zones match, I had a fun rivalry with a Squiffer. Or at least I think I did. Early on, I kept splatting them over and over, but for most of the remainder of the match, it was them who kept getting me. I don’t quite remember the outcome for this match though.

Tonight, I had a lot of fun with the Sploosh on Walleye Warehouse and Moray Towers Splat Zones. Most of the time, entering a zone I was guarding in Towers was a death sentence, and I made a couple of really good moves that I was very proud of. I notably remember a game on Walleye where my team and I managed to hold out pretty well despite a disconnect (we still lost, unfortunately). In another match on the same map, we won in overtime despite the enemy team having an absolutely ruthless .52 Gal who went 11/1 and was on top of their game at all times. In Moray Towers, I also threw tons of really good Splat Bombs (predicting people’s paths and such) and got a lot of splats from that. Generally had a ton of fun aiming my Inkzookas shots way up and catching enemies that way.

I also played the Camp Triggerfish + Ancho-V Games Rainmaker rotation, with the Sploosh still. Or rather, the Rainmaker itself. I got more splats than ever with it. People just don’t expect the Rainmaker holder to hang back and spam upward shots/snapped shots with some added right-side peeking. In one game on Camp, I got most, if not all of my 7 splats from the Rainmaker itself, with two double splats. Later on In Ancho-V Games, I carried the Rainmaker into overtime to the 51 points mark, the lead being 50. At that moment, I got disrupted, and I was under enemy fire, but I managed to inch forward ever so slightly to get that one last point. (I was hesitating before, because I figured I would have to swim up the box to get the point and since it wasn’t our color of ink, I thought I’d have to charge a shot, but I was wrong).

All of that brought me from S ~40 to S ~80!

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
So yesterday, after a pretty meh performance with the Neo Sloshing Machine as well as the Krak-On in S rank, I decided to mess around with my newly acquired pure Run Speed Up hat. Specifically, I took the Sploosh-o-Matic 7 for a spin with a pure Swim/Run Speed Up build (which I later adapted to include Quick Respawn). I’ve had some success with the Neo Sploosh-o-Matic in Rainmaker before, and I’m actually really good at using Splat Bombs and Inkzookas, so it wasn’t entirely unknown territory.

First match: Bluefin Depot Splat Zones. Since I was fast, I decided to get to the side opposite the zone as quickly as possible to take control of it. When I got there, I managed to immediately take out the two opponents. I swam up the ramp to the other side and splatted at least one more foe. After that, we of course claimed the zone and got ready to defend it. I took out a couple more enemies and just like that, we’d won by knockout. I got 6/0, the best K/D in my team by far (the others had all been splatted at least once and gotten two splats at most).

Shortly after that game, on the same map, I had a match where I got two triple splats and one quad splat, the latter ending n a trade. That quad was at the beginning of the game, and somehow my team didn’t manage to get the zone before people started respawning. We still won, though! Afterwards, In a Piranha Pit Zones match, I had a fun rivalry with a Squiffer. Or at least I think I did. Early on, I kept splatting them over and over, but for most of the remainder of the match, it was them who kept getting me. I don’t quite remember the outcome for this match though.

Tonight, I had a lot of fun with the Sploosh on Walleye Warehouse and Moray Towers Splat Zones. Most of the time, entering a zone I was guarding in Towers was a death sentence, and I made a couple of really good moves that I was very proud of. I notably remember a game on Walleye where my team and I managed to hold out pretty well despite a disconnect (we still lost, unfortunately). In another match on the same map, we won in overtime despite the enemy team having an absolutely ruthless .52 Gal who went 11/1 and was on top of their game at all times. In Moray Towers, I also threw tons of really good Splat Bombs (predicting people’s paths and such) and got a lot of splats from that. Generally had a ton of fun aiming my Inkzookas shots way up and catching enemies that way.

I also played the Camp Triggerfish + Ancho-V Games Rainmaker rotation, with the Sploosh still. Or rather, the Rainmaker itself. I got more splats than ever with it. People just don’t expect the Rainmaker holder to hang back and spam upward shots/snapped shots with some added right-side peeking. In one game on Camp, I got most, if not all of my 7 splats from the Rainmaker itself, with two double splats. Later on In Ancho-V Games, I carried the Rainmaker into overtime to the 51 points mark, the lead being 50. At that moment, I got disrupted, and I was under enemy fire, but I managed to inch forward ever so slightly to get that one last point. (I was hesitating before, because I figured I would have to swim up the box to get the point and since it wasn’t our color of ink, I thought I’d have to charge a shot, but I was wrong).

All of that brought me from S ~40 to S ~80!
Wow!!! Awesome!!!

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Since I don’t actually remember many details, I’ll just throw together some of the things I do remember from the last couple of days.

Grim Range Blaster, Tower Control. That was my very first time with the weapon, but I managed to get a good K/D (something like 9/3). The Burst Bomb + indirect hit combo is ridiculously powerful, give it a try!

Krak-On, Port Mackerel, Rainmaker. The enemy team had the lead by a couple of points, and we both had managed to get very close to the goal (10 to 8 maybe?). At some point with about a minute left, an opponent picked up the Rainmaker and swam through their base to stand on their right side and spam shots. The Rainmaker holder was squidbagging. So I popped my Kraken, infiltrated their right lane, and casually rolled over the squidbagger who hadn’t even noticed me coming. I squidbagged right back, set down a Beakon, popped the shield and took the Rainmaker down to where my team could reach it. I might have been splatted at that point, I don’t remember, but either way, we managed to win by knockout.

Same weapon, map and mode. Having gotten to the bottom of the box where the goal is, we had a very comfortable lead at 10 points. However, the opponents were starting to get through our defenses. Near the end of the timer, they had gotten to our side and were preparing to push into our base. Instead of risking it, I climbed the third box in our base (the one farthest from spawn), inked the side of the container, and hid there, letting my Special gauge charge up. Meanwhile, the enemy team had entered overtime and had wiped my entire team. After a short while, they started heading into the lane to my right, unaware of my presence. All I had left to do was going Kraken and dropping on them. Boom, done!

Dynamo Roller, Bluefin Depot, Splat Zones. We were struggling to get control of the zone (100 to 60-ish), and with the enemy team’s counter going down fast, I decided to try and go for a flank. I got a quad and from there, we managed to recover and win by knockout.

Tempered Dynamo Roller, Walleye Warehouse, Rainmaker. Score was 51 (my team) to 50 (their team), so we weren’t in the lead. At some point, I was holding the Rainmaker and my whole team got splatted, so I decided to hold out in mid until they respawned. I held on for a surprisingly long time, getting quite a few splats in the process. I think a Carbon Roller Deco got me by spamming Seekers down their right lane (I was standing on the box there to right-side peek, and I was shooting through the corridor, but I got overwhelmed from both sides and couldn’t do anything). Either way, Things Happened, and we managed to enter overtime. The Rainmaker holder was doing the same thing as I did earlier in the match, standing at the exact same spot and spamming shots to survive for as long as possible while the rest of us respawned. To be fair, I wasn’t really helpful at that point. I traded, and while I was respawning, my team managed to get the lead. So this is more of a "good job, team!" moment!

sammich

Inkling Cadet
HOLY ****. ok, OK

so i was playing fresh squiffer on tower ranked just now, bluefin. S rank (sooooo close to S+ i can almost taste it).

near the beginning of the match i notice our dual squelcher (who was the top KDR on the opponent's team last match) has been disconnected, meaning it's 3 vs 4. at some point in the match i'm defending against the enemy push and i get a triple kill with a single squiffer shot and hop onto the tower. we don't pull ahead but we get pretty close to the enemy's record so far.

enemy gets it back, kill them again,
am feeling cheeky but not confident because S rank 3 v 4, but somehow our next push gets our score ahead. i'm going crazy with charged and uncharged shots all through the base getting kills the enemy is not expecting, then i climb up the ramp getting two charge shot kills, swim across, pull a kraken, and we've gotten a knockout.

end result, i had 14 kills with my squiffer, my two teammates have about 6-8 each, and the opponents only have like 3-5.

JESUS CHRIST.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Got my S+ back yesterday and took a break at S+ 38. My gameplay has felt pretty good so I'm gonna go for S+ 99. I don't think I'll get it but I'm gonna try lol.

Typical S rank match on the way: image.jpeg
My back hurts.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Can I just say that I've had the best experience in Ranked ever? I was in the S 30's again, but using the Octobrush Nouveau I managed to have a large winning streak in Splat Zones until my rank reached 81. Now S+ is just within my grasp...

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Can I just say that I've had the best experience in Ranked ever? I was in the S 30's again, but using the Octobrush Nouveau I managed to have a large winning streak in Splat Zones until my rank reached 81. Now S+ is just within my grasp...
Just in your grasp? Perfect time for your rank to hastily drop down to A!

sammich

Inkling Cadet
ok this move didn't help us win (we won the match but not thanks to me), but it was still totally badass.

basically, it was rainmaker at urchin. i had the rainmaker but mid was filled with enemies and a bit ballistic so i hopped up the flank. was surprised there were two of my teammates here (poor 4th teammate left alone in exploding mid). at first everything is great and my teammates take out an enemy at the metal grate to the enemy base, but suddenly there's the little twinkle of a kraken transformation.

he kills both my teammates suddenly and i'm backing up as fast as i can shooting uncharged rainmaker shots. the shots combined with the on-and-off glass flooring keeps him JUST out of range (one more second and i would have been fried skid).

he transforms back into a regular squid and he is a gal user (of course) and i'm terrified i don't have time to charge so i just keep peppering him with uncharged shots. it takes... way more than i would have expected? maybe i'm just missing a lot, but i would've thought 3 shots (just like any charger) would have been enough.

whatever the damage output is, i die but so does he.

it was just so awesome that i took down a kraken by myself purely offensively.
of course it was due to the layout of the flank (straight so he can't dodge around me easily and filled with glass so he's slower), and in the end it didn't help us win,
but it still felt like an awesome way to die.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Shorter story than I usually post. S Rank Alfonsino RM, using classic SM. Both teams were fairly short-ranged - I think that, other than myself, everyone was a Shooter of the range class of the Splattershot or less. Either way, I did not realise how well it was evidently going for me until the game was over, we won and I saw that I had a 15/5 record. Possibly the greatest number of splats I've had with an SM?

The funny thing is that the previous game on Flounder was completely different for me - I went 2/5, although thanks to one great push from my team and subsequent adequate defence, we did win that in spite of my shortcomings.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This isn't so much bragging as it is a story I want to share. So I squadded with a friend, and we went on a rampage, won like 10 times. I was pumped and thought, I'm gonna do solo rank for once! Yeah! So I get in, museum zones because of course it is, and uh, wow. My team eventually won, but that match can be described only as mutually assured destruction. Everyone, EVERYONE, on both teams had 10+ deaths. There was another squelcher that I kept trading with, and I guess everyone else was trading too, just wow. I have never seen so many splats in one match!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom