• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Not too long ago on Bluefin Depot rainmaker, I had not one but two player on my team disconnect a minute into the game, in spite of that me and my 1 teammates were able to hold them off at 20, while pushing it to 42 before the end of the match.
Also in this same match my teammate use his special but was just short of posing the rainmaker so the enemy team all ran in to attack it but I tossed a burst bomb and got a triple splat from the rainmaker pop

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I did it after months of suffering from cruel disconnects, save scum mersin, and bad team coordination I got 15 straight consecutive wins and have made to S+ with a win in overtime and the enemy on 2pts. away from victory before me and my teammates stopped it on Blackbelly skatepark tower control

Weapon used
:wst_shot_precision01:
Paisley bandanna: :ability_inksaversub: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_tel006: :ability_swimspeed: :ability_runspeed::ability_defenseup::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_shi005: :ability_inkresistance: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
Well, it happened today and i honestly feel like it's the first time in all the matches i played that my first move decided the ending of the match. So i think it's worth mentionning //chuckles/ Also, my first quad kill, the four names where on my screen and made me feel so proud

During a simple turf war on Urchin Underpass, the match just started and as soon as i had my inkzooka, i popped it, i shot once and got 3 of the other team, their sniper and probably 2 person hiding being in a perfect line apparently-- And my second shot want over the small fence at the middle to destroy the last person. My team took complet control after a moment of booyah spamming and the whole match the team couldn't get out until the very end where i finally got killed once and they could take the small alley to the side. But even if the match didn't end, i warned a team-mate who was climbing there to stop that ennemy's escape

It would have been better if it'd have been rank. But my connection randomly cut and lag as of recently-- So i don,t want to risk my team a victory because i have been disconnected

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Had the most insane play ever on Sunday. Mahi RM in a squad (All S/S+ players), I was running Soda Slosher, we had a pretty poor match the entire way through, they had pushed to 12, which is usually a win on Mahi. They had 2 Custom E-Litres which were a huge issue with our push attempts, and in the last minute I decided to chance a flank (we dropped RM at 72). I went over islands, down back of street, splatted one E-Litre, pulled out my Inkzooka, got the other E-Litre on the catwalk, then threw a Splat Bomb where the RM was popped, did one additional shot with my Inkzooka before grabbing RM, ran all the way to the 40 mark, hid behind the box in street, peeked a RM shot and got the first E-Litre again, then pushed again whilst rapidly losing the turf I made but there was just enough left to take the lead before getting splatted. I went from 72 to 9 in that crucial moment of the game, and we ended up winning. As many other players say, it's not about your K/D (it has some importance though), it's about how you played during crucial moments of the match, whether it's defence or offence. Probably my proudest moment so far ;P

jrensink78

Inkling
NNID
daddyticotaco
I was so fearsome on Moray TC yesterday that about 10 seconds into the match, not only did 2 of my teammates disconnect because they knew that they weren't going to be able to contribute, but so did the ENTIRE enemy team. I rode the tower all the way to victory with my sniper friend along for the ride. Evidently I'm really good at 2v0.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Gonna upload a new vid... got another quad kill on camera... but lost the match because some butt on my team only got like double digit points

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Just five minutes ago, I kinda jumped in Ranked randomly without thinking about gear, weapon and mode.
I hadn't played TC in a loooong time so the first three minutes we were slaughtered, with shooters running amok in our base.
I kept dying.

Then after my third respawn I said to myself.
Get this together.
Get ink control
And win.

After that, I didn't have an amazing game with lots of trading but in the end we had an amazing push and I like to think it was because of my Hydra hunting. (Which is flippin amazing if you pull it off with the Heavy Splatling).

And I got it together
We got ink control
And won

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
About halfway through a turf war, we lost a player on our team and it looked like we were done for after that. Around the last few seconds of the match when it looked like the team of four was starting to really push us back, I threw a last minute splat bomb in a nice big area of enemy ink and ended up winning it for the team by 0.3%. That was the best thing ever, even better than a last minute inkstrike because of how small bomb explosions are compared to them. I bet everyone on the team of four just rage quitted after that.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Got to play for 30 minutes after the server maintenance ended. Six matches, all on Mahi. 30 STRAIGHT MINUTES OF MAHI.

I got an absolutely beautiful mid-air splat - seriously, the perfection was weep-worthy - ...on Troublesome Friend, who was coming to party with me :'D

I'M SORRY, IT WAS JUST INSTINCT!!But you splatted so beautifully in mid-air...

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Just had a nice run with the Custom Dual Squelcher today. Got myself back into S Rank in RainMaker thanks to my Swim/Run set, and managed to get many kills within my matches, one of them being a 14/3 KD.

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
Haha! I've made it into S rank finally! One thing I learned is ranks A and A+ are basically the same rank. Chances are if you're an A player, 75% of the room you're in is A+. So I didn't really notice much of a difference in skill gap.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
You know, I used to complain how I get in and out of S+ so many times it becomes annoying, but the fact I can do that with a bunch a people complaining that S is becoming the new B hell is really settling for me. I'm impressed I can do it in a span of a few hours.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I while back I was playing a game and the servers were lagging like crazy, so I before realizing this decided to play fresh squiffer on tower control and managed in the middle of this lag to get a triple splat snipe, I hated the lag but I honestly feel that this moment made up for all of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom