• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
I'm only Level 29 and haven't been playing for long (I've been playing ranked even less until around a week ago), but I'm already at A rank with an Octobrush main 70 and climbing a fairly steady +20 each day, with +60 on days when I rank up. Never ranked down yet, haven't been stuck on a score except on two bad days which involved equal parts lag, frustration and bad plays from myself, and I'm even expanding my horizons from Rainmaker into Splat Zones, and from Octobrush into Krak-On.

There's something magical about playing most games with level 50, A+ Japanese players and still keeping up as a player 20 levels and 1 rank below.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
There's something magical about playing most games with level 50, A+ Japanese players and still keeping up as a player 20 levels and 1 rank below.
Tbh, level doesn't matter. The only thing that differs a level 20 player from a level 50 is that the level 50 gets access to some "alright" gear and the octoshot.

When I was playing with an alt account, I saw plenty of level 50 C players, and I owned them as a level 10 (lol). Nothing really brag worthy (at least in my opinion).

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Had a great time today, going nuts with brushes and trying out a crazy SDU tempered dynamo build.

But mainly wanted to brag that I got a far amount of ink mine kills in Splat Zones. The hidden advantage of being the worst sub is that no one expects it and no one equips bomb sniffer =D

Plus I fancy myself pretty crafty with them ;P

@SilverBrick @ThatOneGuy ye, unless you're going to tournaments, rank means ding bubkiss =P
I am S rank, but I play almost exclusively solo ranked, so I'm probably a B+/A- rank turf war player xP

And I STILL fall out of bounds on a regular basis! <_>

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I am in tears.....
I was just playing rainmaker and my team held our own at 28 but on arrowana mall sadly in a last minute push team was splatted twice and they got it to the 27 mark with 13 seconds left, I had honestly given up but decided to do one last crazy push.
As soon as they pope it I inked the way to it and swam like a maniac, with no one to back me up, what I didn't know is the whole enemy team including a krakon splat roller and hydra tailed me all the whole way.
Thanks to my teammates who were tailing the enemies, my evasive swimming and a whole bunch of uncovered ink I won the game 25 to 27 in overtime

also this is now a thing
paisley bandanna: :ability_inksaversub: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_tly005::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_cfs000::ability_inksaversub::ability_runspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
We got to play this week :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:!!!!!
watch, next week it'll be another two months before either of us can stay in turf longer than 10 seconds...BUT I DIGRESS

Training Wheels E-liter right off the bat. She was on the other guys' team and I felt a little bad for destroying her...repeatedly...in that first match, but she was a good sport about it and didn't get salty (ie didn't come after me). Not stacking anything, from what I could tell. She stayed in the lobby until stage rotation kicked us all out.

UNLIKE THE SPLATTERSCOPER we got the second match, on Mahi. Either he picked up quick or was an alt, but in any case he was a classic campy sniper. And true to form he really didn't like it when I turned the tables on him. Dominated on Mahi, but as soon as he (and his less experienced sniper teamo) started trying to flank us on Kelp Dome, I went into antisniper mode and wrecked the both of them as many consecutive chances as I got. Neither of them learned from the experience, and ole Campy left after that.
(perhaps ironically, he was going by the screenname 'deadpool', lol)

...in other news, tfw you look up directly into the underside of an incoming seeker...

Me, I love being low/unranked. Monday night, I was back to noob-wrangling. Only lost two matches out of a whole hour's worth, finally made it to level 38 AND got a Snail. The player levels around me kept getting lower as the night went on, and it was super fun being able to teach the new players where to go on Saltspray and so on. Great times were had that hour, hopefully by all :D

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Well so far today was a very great day for me,
So first off I was carrying rainmaker on bluefin depot as a enemy kraken pop out from behind as I start to climb the wall
(So how I always meet the ones who can swim down walls) anyways he swim down and dodge and start climbing the right alley as my teammate activates his wail and I get to see a flying kraken fall off the cliff and win the game.
The very next match I met a insanely good H-3 user, and in a huge push he tries uses his bubble to finish off my teammate, however I had flanked and tossed a wall which then proceeded to pinball him off the map. They won but the revenge was good enough for me though

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
My last matches in A+ were crazy fun. With my Carbon Roller Deco and my general speedy outfit set, me and my teams were ending matches within SECONDS.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
This week produced yet another instance of my roommate commenting on my apparent utter savagery in Turf. A lone level 7 popped up in the lobby, and she ended up on my team. Determined to show the newbie (I figured she was, as she kept following me around at the start of the match) a good time and ensure she'd be on the winning side, I went into DEFEND THE BABY mode. It was Piranha Pit, and it was a total inkbath. 11-2 K/D (not as impressive as the 13-2 once on Saltspray, but still one of my highest), inked over 2000, mowed down the entire opposing team not once but twice, in quick succession.

The response from the other end of the couch when the results rolled in?

"Jesus, dude, chill."

Never underestimate a :bombrushsuctionbomb:-happy :wst_shot_precision00:with zero sense of self-preservation and an intense desire to heck you up.
:cool:

KannaMango93

Inkster Jr.
I shared this before in The Dead Sea thread, because it was a frustrating battle overall, but the outcome was pretty great.

The story:
This was not on my personal account, but on one of my alternate accounts.The battle was B-rank Tower Control on Flounder Heights I had 2 squid partiers on my team... The other team member was half-serious/half-partying, but I still spent 50% of the match playing and 50% of the match going, "WHY EVEN?!" Meanwhile, the other team was taking the battle seriously, so it was essentially a 4v2/1. I did a full-on carry to win the battle (with a K/D ratio at 25-2, or 25-4 or something like that... This was a while ago). It was stressful and I would like to not go through that again, but that victory was oh-so satisfying.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
After a solid 3 months of going back and forth between high A+ and low S, I think I've finally broken that dreaded cycle. Finally reached S 52, and with one more good map/mode cycle I could rocket myself into high S and possibly S+. This is a big milestone for me, as I feel it's one of the final boundaries from becoming a top level player.
Yesterday on the Flounder and Museum TC rotation I had been twinning with an S+ friend and was going to town on the Octobrush. Scores like 11-3 were showing up consistently, and I'm finally getting the hang of using Turn Lag Cancelling to my advantage. I feel like I'm going to be able to start being very competitive in tournaments, which is exciting. Hard work does pay off, people.

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
A bragging thread huh?

Well I'm S+. Compared to the people I'm looking at it's not much, compared to most people it's "The dream". Take it for what you will.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
A bragging thread huh?

Well I'm S+. Compared to the people I'm looking at it's not much, compared to most people it's "The dream". Take it for what you will.
Nice bragging ;p
And hey, everyone has different standards. All depends on where you raise that bar to.

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Nice bragging ;p
And hey, everyone has different standards. All depends on where you raise that bar to.
I'd like to be at least B division in LUTI and Ideally A division. I don't mind if i'm not able to compete against S division as much since that would be like Chimera and EXT and I dunno if I'm up for that necessarily.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
I'd like to be at least B division in LUTI and Ideally A division. I don't mind if i'm not able to compete against S division as much since that would be like Chimera and EXT and I dunno if I'm up for that necessarily.
Very few people are. I'm not even sure where I would rank in LUTI along with tons of other people, so you have good reason to feel accomplished. As long as the scene keeps growing then we'll all get where we want to be eventually.

Chancellor Woomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mixolydia98
95% of the time, I manage to splat more enemies AND ink more turf with my New Squiffer than the Level 50 snipers on my team. I get around, oh, 500-800 points worth of turf covered typically, and I usually can splat around 4-8 people. Depends on how well the match is going.

I also take pride in the fact that when I practice sniping with my E-Liter (I'm still a beginner), I don't stack a million Damage Ups, like almost every single sniper does. I focus solely on the Quick Respawn, Ink Recovery, and Ink Main Saver abilities.

As far as my memory serves me, I've only encountered two S-rank snipers (who actually knew what the heck they were doing in battle) that didn't use Damage Ups AT ALL.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I didn't trust our connection last night due to cloud cover, and Monday's play session in Turf wasn't the greatest, so straight to private it was. With a twist this time - Squiffer tag instead of hide & seek. Basically everyone uses a squiffy and it's a free-for-all. Whoever gets splatted the most "loses", though to be fair that's really only a valid point if it's a 1v1 match. We ended up with five squids in there at the end of the hour, and both @AneeCupcake and I were seriously outclassed :'D
Super fun, though. And the last match ended with a party, so it's all good!

whaddaya ya mean there's some other tactic besides 'ninja your way in, then do a death rush'?

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I managed to comeback from a Tower Control match where the other team almost won by one mark. From there, me and my team rode the tower all the way to Knockout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom