The Bragging Thread

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
So, my friend is over watching me play Splatoon and I'm showing him some weapons I don't usually play, like the standard Splattershot and the Splash-o-Matic. Of course I get racked up, but eh, no big deal, though losing in front of my friend was pretty lame.

ANYWHO, I pick he Tri-Slosher and end up on Moray and the other team has TWO Chargers (E-Liter w/Kraken and one of the Splat Chargers) and I think a Bamboozler, but I can't remember. We had one E-Liter who couldn't keep up with the other chargers. We get a D/C on our side, and it seems hopeless, BUT THEN, charge into the middle (no Bubbler, even) with my Bucket and splat two of them and then a third (the E-Liter) a few seconds later. Me and this other squid were just marching up their side of the map, inking away, not really caring about what was going to happen until the timer ran out ten seconds later.

We won the game by 8%, which made me a very happy dude, especially since I'd lost the previous game pretty badly with basically the same team against two opposing level 50s and two other clowns on Underpass.

"CHUCKIT WITH THE BUCKET", I shouted to my friend, who looked at me with bewilderment mixed with fear. Some people, if they don't know, you can't teach 'em.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
The coolest things I did were probably:
Get 20 kills in one match (6 deaths)
Get a quadruple kill with dual squelcher
Win rainmaker almost a minute into overtime
Enemy got to 17 on tower control instantly, we just barely managed to push it to 16 and won

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I think the biggest thing I was proud of this week was getting a triple kill with the Inkzooka with only one shot. This was on Hammerhead Bridge and they were apparently all coming down the grating right behind each other. x)

I'm usually lucky to get one person with the Inkzooka - super lucky if I get two. So three was a great accomplishment for me. xD My team mate took out the fourth person who was apparently trying to take me out from behind haha. :p

Also, learning that you can in fact camp with a roller. :v I felt kind of bad after the match when I saw they were all low leveled players and I wouldn't have done it if I had known. But in the match, it really was kind of fun to camp with a roller because I never thought you could successfully do that with a roller. xD Of course, this was on Walleye Warehouse and it's pretty easy to camp on Walleye so... :v

Azure J

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AzureJay89
It's been a while since I put some stuff up, but here goes. In the last few days/weeks I've:

Done a Genocide Run:

Gotten really confident with the .96 Deco:

Experienced my first frame drops on Blackbelly Skatepark:

Spent a day wrangling Krakens:

Reflected on the basics of CQC:

and finally, ensured the safe delivery of an ice cream truck. This one is linked because the boards apparently have a strict 5 video per post rule I didn't know about.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I went to B using a Krak on Roller but then decided to experiment and use the inkbrush and some chargers so of course, I sucked... but after a while I decided to return to my roller and I went from B to A+ in one day! =D

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I got my new record with most splats (24 with the 96 Gal Deco) and moved up to S for the first time in two consecutive games.

:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksaversub::ability_inkrecovery: are just godly on that thing. I was able to throw out walls so often even after the nerf.

Polimario

Inkling
NNID
Polimario
Last night on Blackbelly Skatepark I took out two Inklings...with a Splash Wall.

I was making my way down the left side, using the Heavy Splatling, when they teamed up on me. They took me down, but I feebly threw out a Splash Wall before going splat. Much to my amusement, they were under the Splash Wall when it finished deploying, and it took them both out.

That should not have happened, yet it did.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
Yesterday in solo queue I faced a team of 3 RGs + 1 .52 Gal on Blackbelly Zones, they could never coordinate a push so they'd get the nearest zone and try to charge the second one which had failed often, near the end of the match they capped the first zone and I was sitting on the tower throwing walls and pressuring an RG, the 52 threw a wall with 2 RGs shooting behind it, I had kraken so I dropped down and killed the 52 , the RG and the other RG trying to flee while the last one was picked off by my team's Squiffer.

That match was hilarious.

Claus

Full Squid
NNID
Bluevisionist
Moray Towers, 0 snipers, two dynamos rapidly flicking at the middle area non-stop throughout the entire match.

Me and this guy racked in around 1800p each (our team winning boosted me to around 2100p)

good times

Toaster

Senior Squid
Today I outran a Kraken by jumping around it, I have no idea how that happened but it did.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I killed the whole opposing team with one Kraken in ranked! Wooo!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I don't play ranked very often because I have an irrational reaction to losing (I need to work on that). But after I watch streams or youtube I usually want to try it out again because the modes look fun.

So I picked up rank again yesterday and made it to "A" rank! Not an phenomenal feat, but it did feel good.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I went on a winning streak that took me from A- to A | 89. I got so many team wipeouts with Inkzooka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom