The Bragging Thread

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Been getting some double-digit splats while only getting splatted in the single digits! (admittedly, still cutting it close-13/8 and 13/9) One of these was with a surprise Seeker Rush (or should I say-Sneaker Rush?) that splatted two and inked up a zone!

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Just got out of a Rainmaker match on Kelp Dome where I was using the Tempered Dynamo Roller. K/D was 20/3 and I was playing really, really well! Granted, this was a S rank lobby so it’s not as impressive but it felt pretty good. I feel sorry for the poor Carbon Roller I kept splatting over and over haha.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
Just got out of a Rainmaker match on Kelp Dome where I was using the Tempered Dynamo Roller. K/D was 20/3 and I was playing really, really well! Granted, this was a S rank lobby so it’s not as impressive but it felt pretty good. I feel sorry for the poor Carbon Roller I kept splatting over and over haha.
What Eyeball said! Accomplishments are relative to your own skill level!

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
???? You got that ratio in a match of S-ranks, I think it's pretty impressive you can do that fantastic in what's supposed to be the upper ranks!
What Eyeball said! Accomplishments are relative to your own skill level!
To be fair, a K/D this good is nothing to sneeze at no matter the rank. But I can hold my own in S+, which is why I said this! Thanks for the compliments though!

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I was fairly impressed by going 15/1 with a Permanent Inkbrush earlier - and most of those kills being with the actual brush and not Kraken. c: Usually, I'm much more lenient and stay away from other players when I'm using the Inkbrush. But apparently I was feeling a little overly aggressive and it paid off. :P

TheChillyGuy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ToadAli
@Airi wow, I've never even been able to get past 3 splats with any inkbrush :p Haha. Maybe it's because every time I try to use one, I always end up hurting my finger.:rolleyes:

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Back here again with vanilla Dynamo tales! I played amazingly tonight. At some point, a member of a team we had on lockdown managed to knock my Dynamo and my teammate’s Kelp Splatterscope off the center pillar in Blackbelly Skatepark by splatting us and squidbagged, but I didn’t mind because we had been up there for quite a while making their lives difficult. We still ended up winning this one.

Another match had six Rollers total, myself included, with my team having my Dynamo, a Tempered, and two Carbons. While some may think of these team compositions as impractical, I always feel that it’s perfect to show ourselves, and the other team, the power of our chosen weapons. We dominated for most of the match, but unfortunately lost in overtime (and it was a really long overtime, too…). Can’t have them all I guess, but this was a fun match nevertheless.

Smaller achievements: I kept making good decisions and reacting fast, and I flanked like a pro all throughout my play session. For example, on Skatepark, I had just respawned and noticed a .96 Gal Deco was trying to flank through our right side. Instead of rushing in without thinking to stop them, I simply waited for them to come close enough that I could reach and splat them no problem. I also had a couple of successful flanks on the left of Mahi-Mahi Resort. I even tried to flank their right side (by walking on the grates close to their spawn that show up once the water level changes) but we ended up winning by knockout before I could even make it into their base!

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
The better outcome of this post: The first time I tried that trick, I had sent out a Seeker at the first place tower and ground met, got back on the tower, rode it to the next place, then jumped off and flicked someone right as the Seeker took out someone else. It was pretty fun to experience, but apparently not easily repeatable. :p

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Urchin Underpass. Turf War.

1215p worth of turf inked. 12 kills, only one death at the very end of the match.Two pickin' quad splats; the first out of a Splat Bomb Rush, the second from splatting a squid up high, his two hapless Super Jumping comrades, and the last splat I stole from my teammates, who had the guy cornered.

All this... with the damned Splatterscope? A weapon I haven't touched in months, and have only just picked it up again today?!

Truly, considering all the factors involved, I think this was literally* the best Splatoon match I've ever had. This was my finest hour.
*And I do mean literally, as in "actual, factual, no bullshitting around", not the false intensifier sense of the word.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
12:3 on Walleye Warehouse Tower Control. Ended my play session with no losses and breaking pass S+ 60 for the first time. Over three play sessions, I am undefeated in TC mode with a new build I am messing around with for CJS. I really really really love Patch 2.7.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
After a rough time, I couldn't quite make it - I lost my S Rank for the first time in a month or so after the earlier TC rotation. The A lobbies didn't go fantastically, either, and I ended the rotation at A+ 48 or so. Then I saw what the next rotation was, prayed that it was RM... and was answered.

Pulling out my nary-used but trustworthy Tri Nouveau, I proceeded to dominate the scene in Mackerel and Triggerfish. It wasn't a perfect win streak (I did some dumb things), but it was a confident win streak, and I knew that I was bound to get back to S very soon. The highlight of the session had to be setting my new K/D record across the game - I ended a Mackerel game 19/4. It was simply astounding how much work Seekers could put in on that stage - there were times when I'd just have to fire one down each corridor in turn and get a double or a triple for my trouble. Probably half of my Seekers found their mark in that match.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Got back to S+! Rainmaker on Port Mackerel and Camp Triggerfish is the best rotation for my Krak-On. Some matches were uncomfortably close, but I played really well. I think I got a 17/6 or something once. In another match, my teammates kept getting splatted over and over, so I was oftentimes the last one capable of stopping the enemy push. I ended up carrying us to victory, and I was the only one with a positive K/D. I really need to stop screwing around in S+ lobbies because that’s how I keep ranking down, haha!

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
Won another 3-v-4. This time on Moray Towers Tower Control.
My Squad: H3, Tentatek, Gold Dynamo.
Their Squad: E Litre Scope, Tentatek, Fresh Squiffer, Soda Slosher.

We had an E Litre who DC'ed within the first minute. Using our teamwork, we stopped their pushes and kept them at 46, pushing the game into OT and claiming victory after a coordinate full team wipe. Take that Moray Towers!

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I tend to find myself with exceptional luck dodging Krakens. (to make up for how awful I am at using them, I suppose) I just recently saw someone Kraken nearby me, and I actually managed to get away unscathed while knocking out their teammate with a Seeker!

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Yesterday’s play session was pretty lackluster, but I at least managed to come out of it with 4 more points than I started with (S+34). Today was really good, though! I remember getting a 12/3 with my Tempered on Moray Towers, in a S+ lobby. Took me a little while to get started, but once I did I was on a roll, for the most part. I think I stopped at S+53 or something. I’m thinking I’ll try to play on rotations I like until I get to S+99—and once I reach that point, I honestly don’t care about my rank unless I drop below S somehow. I love solo queue and it’d be nice to play it without the pressure of worrying about my rank.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Yesterday was the first day in weeks I could play properly after being pretty sick.

I got a KO ratio of 16/4 in an S tower control match using my carbon roller. Not amazing but it was still pretty good.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Took up sniping earlier, out of boredom. Just to make it harder, I was never allowed to use Damage Up, and kicked myself straight down to C- as well.
Decided to listen to a playlist I had on soundcloud while playing, to help keep a level head. (Which contrary to belief, didn't seem to disadvantage me from the lack of sound effects. If anything, it made me better.)
All in All, I didn't expect much.
3 Months later, I somehow reached S rank.
Believe me, I'm as surprised as you are.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Yesterday when the Splatzones Rotation rolled in, I decide to take out the Kelp Splatterscope for a spin. The first match I played, which was on Camp Triggerfish, I was aiming and killing people as well as those Japanese E-Litres. Another match, which was on Ancho-V Games. I sniped some people, but my team almost lost until I had to go to the Splatzone area, which was asking for death, and surprisingly made it out OK, and won the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom