• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I play Inkbrush Nouveau a lot in ranked and this past week I've had some pretty sweet Bubbler plays that I wish I could've recorded (no capture card yet sadly :\ )

One time, 2 of my teammates decided to super jump to me sort of near the splat zone on Urchin Underpass. A TERRIBLE idea, right? And there were enemies there who looked more than ready to jump me / the incoming teammates. They jump in, and the moment the Krakon makes his jump at us in attempt to triple kill, BUBBLED - it felt pretty awesome. My friend who twin queues with me is well aware of this strategy by this point, and I'm pretty much a safe beacon for him to jump in to. (It's really fun to watch chargers point their reticle at a squid jumping marker, only to bubble them coming in :> )

There was also a cool time at the end of a TC match, when all 4 of us were on the tower near the end of the match, and the enemy put a suction bomb that MIGHT have impeded us from winning. It probably wouldn't have cost the match, but I shielded us all anyway : P

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
I was playing Splatzones in Port Mackerel when soon into the match one guy splatted and squidbagged me. I was on a really good streak and was playing awesomely, getting a lot of kills, dying very few times, capturing splatzones and defending them on my own...so I was boosting with confidence. So I respawn, find this guy, kill him and squidbag him in return. I never do this, but this guy pissed me off. So then I do it again. And again. In the end I don´t know how many times I killed him, but I ended with a 12/4 record and him with a 9/8. I even went out of my way once just to kill him. He killed me once and squidbagged me when we were 67-100 in score (my team winning). I killed him 4 or 5 times, the last one just as the counter reached 0 and we won the match by an overwhelming score. In his kill cam he could see squidbag him really fast and kill another of his teammates as the match ended. Next match he wasn´t around anymore.

Also, in a different match in the Rig I managed to kill the whole team with a Kraken, capture the splatzone and then kill 2 more guys as they were running back to the splatzone, succesfully defending it for the last seconds of the match. It was a decisive play that made us win and not go into overtime, my whole team Booyah'd as I went Krakin´ between the enemy team :)

Overall yesterday was a great day, all the saltiness and losses from the previous days went away and I reached a zen state where I won almost every match no matter if it was a Splatzone in Moray Towers or Tower Control in Wally´s Warehouse. I´ve risen back from A-10 and I´m almost back to A+.

staindgrey

Inkling
NNID
staindgrey
One time, in Turf Wars, I splatted a guy at the final second with a long range, blindly thrown grenade, and our team won 44.1% to 44.0%.

I consider myself the hero of that story.

TheElite711

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Elite
I think one time I got 3 kills with a slosh of the bucket, that was quite a satisfying moment for me. Also another time I got 3 kills from an Inkzooka :D

Also...I just rerolled a Striped Beanie once to see what other stats I could get and got 3 Ink Saver Mains. What sorcery is this!?

NNID
RollerToaster97
Not sure if I should be the one to post this, or if they even know but... Someone just dived in front of my Charger shot, acting as a meatshield, and letting his pal put the rainmaker on the capture point. I feel like it's one of those moments...

On the bright side, the other day I got a triple on 3 people pushing the tower, and somehow lived, even though they were all firing at my from point blank. Aaaaaand cue "Oh baby, a triple!" kid.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I was running away from a Kraken until it cornered me. Fortunately, the time ran out for him so he kept on swinging his Octobrush in front of me. He was a good foot in front of me that I was in panic mode. I thought I was done for until I threw a Seeker at him and SPLAT.

Most 3 seconds of adrenaline I felt in my life.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I went onto a squad battle with my friend, the mode was rainmaker. The enemy was already on top of the cone thing, and we killed them. I took the rainmaker, it became overtime, and we charged into their base. I got a quadruple kill with one rainmaker shot and we won. Then we started to cry through Skype. That was the most tense thing in my life.

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
Yesterday I was playing Tower Control in Urchin Underpass, both teams comprising of A+, S and S+ players. The other team had a S charger and I was using the Octobrush, so I knew we were in for a hard time...but I ended having one of the most funny matches ever. I was constantly running around, entering the enemy base time and time again from different places and killing the sniper, laying beacons everywhere and jumping between them, unleashing Kraken in the middle of 3 enemies...The sniper guy ended the match mindlessly running around trying to guess where I would appear the next time. I ended up with 10-3 and he got something like 3-5, he didn´t get me once while I killed him like 3 or 4 times.

Unfortunately, we ended loosing the match by 1 point difference, we had the Tower during overtime, the guy on the tower died and the time ended just as I was about to get on the tower and unleash a Kraken that would have made us win. One second more and it would have been gold.

I think I helped the team a lot by taking care of the sniper for the whole match, but most of all it was really funny to mess with the enemy team over and over :)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I wouldn't call this something brag-worthy at all unless you count being super sneeky as awesome, but i really want to share this since i don't really see a war story thread right now.
(This post is a direct copypaste from my GameFaqs one, with a few adjustments. The topic is about to get deleted soon so i wanted to save this!)

I had this match during the EU splatfest, team Rock vs. Rock at Bluefin, me wielding Kelp Charger. Right from the start it turned into one of those matches where absolutely nothing went right, with me and my team getting completely steamrolled the first minute in. It was like all of my experience with the charger vanished, i could barely hold a steady aim and i managed to miss every single shot. Me and my poor team got ambushed and splattered with every attempt to take our turf back while they kept going forward to our spawn. They started to make their way up the walls from the center area and kept a iron grip on our space overlooking the central areas, and we barely held them off the grid walkway to our spawn. We were failing hard.

It didn't get better and i realised the match was pretty much done for so i figured screw it, let's see if i can do something. I made my way to the left side of our spawn and took a dive into the orange territory below, and somehow nobody of the entire enemy team present saw me leaping. I charged forward and kept zipping across my charger shots, not looking back and rushing asap across the left center area. I reached their wallside and made my way up there, tossing a sprinkler along the way.

I turned around to see if i could splat any would-be pursuers from a safe distance, but there was absolutely no-one. Just my sprinkler doing it's best and my untouched inktrail. This place was slightly less dead then the rest of my team, who judging from the team status screen were still having a hard time. (And fiy, they didn't even try to superjump at me)

And then, it turned out my team managed to finally splatter three guys. Bad news for me, as this place is going to have hostiles soon. Without thinking, i started inking a path to their side of the walkway, placing a new sprinkler along the way. I went and moved towards their spawn and spotted a guy wielding a Tentatek(I think?) run from enemy spawn, and i charge up my shot and fire...

...And i missed again, meaning the tentatek spotted me and started gunning me down. I charged my second shot to only to hear the dreaded sound of low ink. I fled down the walkway but i was stopped dead in my tracks by another guy who had his back turned to me, busying cleaning up ink that my sprinkler left behind. If i'd step off the walkway he'd surely spot me. And then for no reason, the tentatek ignored me and moved on!

So i got stuck with this surreal image of being completely surrounded by the enemy team, with none of them even noticing me on the walkway! They were all busy cleaning up my inktrails, and i even see one casually firing off an inkstrike. I was stunned, it was allmost as if they accepted me as one of their own. If any of them would've turned around they'd see:
A: Splatoon's worst charger, and
B: A free splat

But that didn't happen, and eventually the guy blocking my path left. I recharged in a really small speck of ink and managed to get my first splat against another guy using an inkstrike! Woo! (While my team did take some turf back, we still lost)

TL;DR : I got surrounded by the enemy team with none of them spotting me

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Playing rainmaker this morning in solo queue, quad kill on Port map in enemy base hallway by beating out the splash wall that was thrown. I ended up dying as it was 4v1 and I shot them head-on but we were behind as we stopped them at 2 and only 15 seconds left the person with rainmaker on my team took it home for a knockout. Worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom