• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031

SO GLAD THAT I WAS RECORDING
VIDEO WITH EPIC SLOW MOTION
Geez, that is either incredibly lucky for you or incredibly ill-thought-out for them. Maybe both.

Anyway, in Walleye Warehouse there was a Charger on the crate on their side of the lowest level. She was holding the area and giving us some trouble. Fortunately, I found an opening that no-one on her team was guarding and swam through the hidden passage to get behind her. Then, I threw a suction bomb right behind her. She apparently did not notice it before it blew up and splatted her. From then on my team was free to massacre the others and win. I can just imagine the surprise and disgust she had over being bested by some smart-*** Inkling that moment.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
So I was getting crushed in Rainmaker on Saltspray tonight (seriously, you can win in like 30 seconds, what's with that?) and fell down to A.
So I switched to Octobrush and won a couple of games. Felt alright, not brag-worthy though.
Feeling like giving a new weapon a test run after a couple of Octobrush wins made me curious as to how I'd do with it, I gave the Krak-On Splat Roller another go, since it has the same loadout, but on a Roller.
I only got two games in after this (both Rainmaker), but I destroyed the enemy team both times (Kirbys used Frustration. It's super effective!), going 14-(7-12, not sure exactly but it was in that range) in the first game with several Kraken splats, then going 18-8 in the second, getting myself back up to A+ in the process.
During that second game, I had a couple of splats I feel pretty good about.
First, at one point in the middle of the game I ran at a Tentatek Splattershot in one of the corridors. I was just off to the side enough that not every shot hit me, and I rolled over them despite their backing away while shooting. That might've been lag, but it felt good to squish someone who could see me (as opposed to squishing from behind, which I got a few of in each game; it's surprisingly effective with the Krak-On, much moreso than with the Dynamos) and shoot at me (think I almost got splatted there, too).
Second, during Overtime, the other team's Rainmaker carrier was charging into our base to steal our lead, so I went to flank him and saw he had two other dudes with him and they looked pretty close together, so I figured there was little chance of hitting the carrier (either his buddies would bodyblock enough shots to avert the carrier getting splatted while he swam into the lead, or I'd get splatted before I could hit him). But then I jump-flicked at them, because I miht as well, and got splatted like I expected to (not entirely sure how, I don't think any of them were facing me, though I could be wrong), but also scored a triple-splat, which included splatting the Rainmaker carrier, which won us the game. Felt awesometastic. Didn't know the Splat Rollers could hit like that, though maybe they were a bit farther apart than they looked.
Then I had to stop for the night. Damn good note to end on, though.

SO GLAD THAT I WAS RECORDING
VIDEO WITH EPIC SLOW MOTION
Holy carp, nice shot mate!

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
About a month ago (and I remember this) I was on Blackbellies Splat Zones. I was using the Splat Roller (the normal one) and threw a suction bomb about half way into the match and rolled in the other direcion. I wound up killing 1 momber of the opponents with the bomb, and went on to fling ink at my opponents, killing the other 3, before taking the zones with only 12 seconds on the timer for them.

I wound up carrying my team.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I had my first quad kill in a Walleye Rainmaker match today! Felt good to help my team by stopping the other cold.

Meanwhile, I've made it to B rank! Now to see how long I can keep it before I either get bumped back down or move up to B+...

EDIT: As for my first outing in Flounder Heights, there was one really memorable Rainmaker match where my team was fighting back and forth with the others close to their base. True, we did end up scoring that Knockout, but it wasn't easy because there was this Japanese sniper えーす who gave us trouble along the way. One time we were awfully close to getting the Rainmaker to the goal but he stood right on it and shot our carrier at close range. However, he just so happened to not notice me charging up my Splatling and was done in soon after. That was all we needed to finally push it to the end.

Last edited:

picopepin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
picopepin
Wooohoooo! dropped to A+ thanks to DCing in SQUADS last night and now its about the same hour and im back at S no prob.

We also took on a S+ team in rainmaker got overwhelmed by a 7-nothing lead then we took it all the way back to a full knockout ;; I even got to dunk it. Felt so goooood

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
Wally Warehouse - RainMaker

Right from the start, a Japanese Carbon Roller from my team starts rolling and I follow him in his ink setting up beacons. When he runs out of ink I take the lead so he can refill and take the lead again. We take a detour on the left so we can enter the center through the enemy´s side. It works! We totally catch the enemy team from behind: he kills 2 guys, I kill the other 2 and steal the Rainmaker. My unknown friend starts rolling towards the enemy base so I follow again in his ink. The enemies try to get to us just as we finish climbing the first ramp, but my Carbon Roller hero pulls out his Inkzooka and with the Rainmaker we clear a path to the goal. I lay down the Rainmaker and we win the match. EVERYTHING IN UNDER A MINUTE. He got 4-1 and I got 2-0. He must have been sporting Quick Respawns or died just at the very end because everything happened so fast and I never lost sight of him except when I was on the goal.

Fastest and coolest win I´ve had in Rainmaker and the best teamwork I´ve had with anyone yet :)

Glitch

Inkling
W͢h͜en I̶ w̷as a ͝no͏o̶b ̶ąro͝u̡nd le̷v͘el 3 ̴I was̸ ̶i̵n͜ a t̵u̸r̕f war. ̀M̸y̵ ̸t͡eam ̨w̧a̛s͢ l͝oo͢sin̡g at the sta̵r̴t̶ ̡b͢u̵t̶ I m̴a͜n̨ag̀ed to̕ g҉ò o͡n ̕a kil̀ling ̵sp̀re͡e̛ ̴a͏nd ̨get ̕u̴s ̀a͢ 8̡6%͠ t͟o 14% ̷wi̶n͝.̷

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Yesterday I was playing Tower Control in Urchin Underpass, both teams comprising of A+, S and S+ players. The other team had a S charger and I was using the Octobrush, so I knew we were in for a hard time...but I ended having one of the most funny matches ever. I was constantly running around, entering the enemy base time and time again from different places and killing the sniper, laying beacons everywhere and jumping between them, unleashing Kraken in the middle of 3 enemies...The sniper guy ended the match mindlessly running around trying to guess where I would appear the next time. I ended up with 10-3 and he got something like 3-5, he didn´t get me once while I killed him like 3 or 4 times.

Unfortunately, we ended loosing the match by 1 point difference, we had the Tower during overtime, the guy on the tower died and the time ended just as I was about to get on the tower and unleash a Kraken that would have made us win. One second more and it would have been gold.

I think I helped the team a lot by taking care of the sniper for the whole match, but most of all it was really funny to mess with the enemy team over and over :)
This is exactly what the brushes are all about!! More and more players are starting to realize how much of a threat brushes can actually be against a team's structure! It's beautiful..... :3

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My proudest moment came from a match on Kelp Dome a few days ago on Turf War. Somewhere in the middle of the match, I was rampaging across the mid of the board and actually splatted three opponents before they could fire their Inkstrikes with my Inkbrush. Awesomesauce.

Kikaioh

Full Squid
I was playing Rainmaker at Floundering Heights, using the Kelp Splatterscope. My teammate was holding the Rainmaker, and we were about 20 feet away from the goal --- but the ground was completely covered in enemy ink, and all of their team members were blocking the way and charging towards us.

I suddenly realized my Killer Wail was available, pulled it out and aimed it straight at the goal. While it was firing, I pulled out my charger and shot a path straight for the goal --- and so my teammate grasped the opportunity, sped through the tunnel of the wail and down the ink path, all the way up to the finish and a victory. It was a very satisfying assist in a tough situation I won't forget for a while.

Dave1

Inkling

Japanese streamer mrpmri and friends got this today- +62.0 win streak with 4 S+ ranked players on their team. Flounder Heights and Kelp Dome splat zones. Pretty awesome job in my opinion so I thought I'd share this here :p.

+73.0 win streak in Rainmaker on Arowana Mall and Port Mackerel. Here they were on an overall 120 game win streak and this just happened during one of the 4 hour blocks lol.

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I was playing Rainmaker, and since I knew Port Mackerel and Splash Walls went well together I decided to give the .96 Gal Deco a shot.
It went spectacularly.
From the beginning my team was dominant, establishing total control and generally being awesome, but we didn't get it into their pre-spawn corridors (got close, but they kept us out). Toward the end (I think a couple of minutes in), my entire team had been splatted except for me, but we had the Rainmaker since we'd gotten rid of their team too and I'd had enough time to pop it with the Kraken and a few shots. So I decided to pick it up and see how far I could get it into their base. I managed to get a few splats and keep the other team in their corridors until my team arrived. Then we pushed, and I got a double-splat on a Charger (who'd been giving me a bit of trouble before my team showed up) and Aerospray (surprisingly good one, I think one of my deaths was to her) with a charged Rainmaker blast, then immediately rushed up to the altar to get it as close as I could to the knockout.
And I dunked the Rainmaker. It was every bit as satisfying as I expected.
And my score was 20-3, and five of those splats were in the Rainmaker rush at the end. Might have to look into keeping the Deco in my arsenal after a game like that. Think I'm finally improving at Rainmaker too.
Probably not that bragworthy, but it's quite a lot better than I usually do.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
I was playing Rainmaker, and since I knew Port Mackerel and Splash Walls went well together I decided to give the .96 Gal Deco a shot.
It went spectacularly.
From the beginning my team was dominant, establishing total control and generally being awesome, but we didn't get it into their pre-spawn corridors (got close, but they kept us out). Toward the end (I think a couple of minutes in), my entire team had been splatted except for me, but we had the Rainmaker since we'd gotten rid of their team too and I'd had enough time to pop it with the Kraken and a few shots. So I decided to pick it up and see how far I could get it into their base. I managed to get a few splats and keep the other team in their corridors until my team arrived. Then we pushed, and I got a double-splat on a Charger (who'd been giving me a bit of trouble before my team showed up) and Aerospray (surprisingly good one, I think one of my deaths was to her) with a charged Rainmaker blast, then immediately rushed up to the altar to get it as close as I could to the knockout.
And I dunked the Rainmaker. It was every bit as satisfying as I expected.
And my score was 20-3, and five of those splats were in the Rainmaker rush at the end. Might have to look into keeping the Deco in my arsenal after a game like that. Think I'm finally improving at Rainmaker too.
Probably not that bragworthy, but it's quite a lot better than I usually do.
And you didn't take a picture of that score?! D:

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
My last match, i carried the living hell of my team.

So it was at the warehouse and my team was full of rollers. I only had tge Splattershot Jr. The other team had 2 chargers. Near the end of te match, we were losing because of those damn snipers.

So I make a risky choice and go through that one tight hallway. A Carbon Roller snuck up on me, but luckily I had my bubble ready and took him out. After that I ruh down 2 more enemies and took them out while still being protected.

I was nervous because it looked so close but we won by like 4.2%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom