• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Cephalobro

Honestly, people who just move a little to stay then stop for most of the match in the game shouldn't join a lobby at all. That's the main problem with this, Nintendo should definitely be harsher on those who don't play the game as intended, I mean Smash Ultimate will kick self-destructors from matches, so that's a good thing. Now to just make it require more than just moving a little to be able to stay in the match for Splatoon would be so much better, although not perfect, still much better than having game throwers running free.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
There's a difference between moving a little to not DC, then actively playing and helping, and then moving a little bit and not contributing at all.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Big fan of people jumping up and down on the spawn spamming 'this way' the whole time.

*RDJ eye roll gif*

Corrderio

Inkster Jr.
Honestly, people who just move a little to stay then stop for most of the match in the game shouldn't join a lobby at all. That's the main problem with this, Nintendo should definitely be harsher on those who don't play the game as intended, I mean Smash Ultimate will kick self-destructors from matches, so that's a good thing. Now to just make it require more than just moving a little to be able to stay in the match for Splatoon would be so much better, although not perfect, still much better than having game throwers running free.
I'd love for some kind of anti grief system for people that do that.

That and canceling a match if someone DCs before it even starts. Gotta love when you're down someone at the intro screen.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So 2~5 prestige (lvl 100+) players in a ranked match. I get the majority/all of them on my team--"whoo~! I get the strong and seasoned players on my side! Easy win!"

*match ends*

...we ...we got trounced? Whuh happun?!

Corrderio

Inkster Jr.
This Salmon Run schedule feels like a cruel joke. Dynamo Roller, Splatterscope, Clash Blaster, and L-3 Nozzlenose.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
This Salmon Run schedule feels like a cruel joke. Dynamo Roller, Splatterscope, Clash Blaster, and L-3 Nozzlenose.
I've had no trouble with it. You have decent paint coverage, you have multiple weapons that can deal damage at a respectable range, and the dynamo can flatten hordes of enemies. You just have to have people that aren't incompetent, which is a shame because it's random matchmaking.

Edit: Apparently this isn't the Grizzco Break Room, so maybe I should post something relevant. I'm eight kinds of salty over facing Japanese Dapple players. I swear they shred me with one bullet, and no matter how much distance I keep between them and myself, they wind up next to me within three frames.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Frigging baller can just run me over. Not explode, just bumper car me to death from full health. I don't know why this bugs me so much.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I can't even comprehend how unbalanced X rank Splat Zones is. I finally find a Main Power Up drink ticket to upgrade some gear, and I go 3/12 because I'm constantly in teams where we collectively get one kill before getting knocked out.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
League pairs. Tower Control on Moray Towers. Over two minutes into the match an opposing pair dc's...

How the hell do we still lose a 4v2!!!

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
I'm not too salty but man I just hit S+ in Zones not too long ago and the amount of teammates that are constantly super-jumping is staggering. C'mon, you're not gonna lose too much time if you just swim to the zones instead of jumping to a dead teammate over and over...

Cephalobro

Small salt here, but why doesn't the Cycling Cap show up in my Headspace? I know no one will wear that, so it's unlikely that anyone will spawn in my square wearing that. I know it looks lame, but even when I'm trying to get every single gear and get their slots filled out. I just have to come into battle wearing even some of the lame stuff.

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Can't play the game anymore because the right stick is faulty (can't click so I can't use specials) and Nintendo doesn't let people remap buttons for whatever stupid (VERY stupid reason). Thanks, Nintendo.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'd like to make a public service announcement regarding Rainmaker on Ancho-V games, since I just lost a match because of it yet again.
Ancho-V PSA.png

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I really don't like how MPU is mostly just damage up for what feels like half of the game's weapons. I like it even less as it feels like the only reason people bother using Bamboozler. You can almost hear their toon breathing heavily when they see you dip even a pinkie toe in enemy ink.

And yet a part of me feels annoyed at myself because that feels like scrub talk. Yeah, they're using a provided tool and legit strategy to win, but i still don't like the taste of that cheese.

I'd like to make a public service announcement regarding Rainmaker on Ancho-V games, since I just lost a match because of it yet again.
View attachment 6756
tenor (1).gif

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I really don't like how MPU is mostly just damage up for what feels like half of the game's weapons. I like it even less as it feels like the only reason people bother using Bamboozler. You can almost hear their toon breathing heavily when they see you dip even a pinkie toe in enemy ink.

And yet a part of me feels annoyed at myself because that feels like scrub talk. Yeah, they're using a provided tool and legit strategy to win, but i still don't like the taste of that cheese.

View attachment 6758
Unfortunately boosting damage to 99.9 really is a useful tactic and a viable strategy for some weapons. It was too good on the Ballpoint, so it got neutered again. I used to wreck shop in S1 by boosting the Rapid Blaster with damage up before everybody else jumped on board and it became meta:

Before we had screenshots, we had the almighty potato camera.

I think we all have our own elitist thoughts every so often; I know I not-so-silently judge people in Salmon Run all the time for how they use my precious baby Ballpoint. On the plus side, you get to outshine all of those memers by using your ability slots for other perks and get an advantage they don't have.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So like my post above states, I couldn't play Splatoon for a while because of faulty controls. I got new controls sometime ago but this is what I find just about 9 out of 10 times I try to find a match and I am just about to give up on playing this game. It happens in both ranked and salmon run and I would rather not play than torture myself in turf wars :~ Am I shadow banned or something like that (is that a thing in Splatoon?). My internet is good and I have an ethernet adapter so I can't blame my connection either.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
That's pretty weird. Have you had a chance to try during a weekend? Have you tried leaguing with anyone and getting the same problem?

I wonder if you'll have to try reloading the game (without removing your save data).

Cephalobro

I seriously cannot believe that I would be reviving this thread, but here we are. Why do throwers always join a match whenever I'm about to reach Raw on one of my weapons? This is why the game needs a native reporting feature so I can report match throwers immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom