• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

techton

Senior Squid
Anybody hate those little kids who pick on chargers by chasing them throughout the map using an overpowered weapon? I had some madman do that to me just now. Jokes on him, he completely ignored the fact that his spawn was being inked by my teammates, so it inevitably cost him the game. :>

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Anybody hate those little kids who pick on chargers by chasing them throughout the map using an overpowered weapon? I had some madman do that to me just now. Jokes on him, he completely ignored the fact that his spawn was being inked by my teammates, so it inevitably cost him the game. :>
I mean...I don't blame them? A charger in the right hands can be a very annoying and great asset to the other team. They basically block you from going to certain parts of the map if their aim/flicks are good. Rule of thumb is to distract/get rid of them, and any other backliner, as fast as you can. This coming from a charger main.

But what makes me salty is I've been leaguing recently more often, and every time I get a bloblobber or inkbrush on my team, it's an automatic L. They're dead like every 20 seconds and virtually do nothing beneficial to the team. And then the backliners who refuse to get on the tower, so I, usually a frontliner, have to ride it and give up my position and it usually ends badly. Cuz guess what? The backliner dies most of the time. I wonder why...

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Had a guy spend an entire game -- from start to finish -- repeatedly jumping off the ledge and refusing to play. Very cool.

Edit: It’s been pointed out to me that including a video that showed the guy doing so is naming and shaming. That wasn’t my intention, so I’m removing the link to the video. Just heads up that there’s a guy out there who is refusing to play matches in X rank. Hopefully nobody else runs into him.

Last edited:

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Had a guy spend an entire game -- from start to finish -- repeatedly jumping off the ledge and refusing to play. Very cool.
dude! hes a pain,i remember him from a match of mine in ranked and hes a piece of ****,i got a crack thanks to that idiot so blocked him -.- all he did was standing around doing nothing or killing himself i swear if i could..i would had splatted him myself

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
dude! hes a pain,i remember him from a match of mine in ranked and hes a piece of ****,i got a crack thanks to that idiot so blocked him -.- all he did was standing around doing nothing or killing himself i swear if i could..i would had splatted him myself
How does this guy even get up to X? I reported him in Splatnet. It just isn’t right.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I haven't posted in this thread before, but this one I had to share.

Clam Blitz in Wahoo World. An ally and I have 5 clams each and we managed to make it to the enemy basket. The whole area was bizarrely vacant and covered in our ink. Literally a free score if we could come up with a power clam, which of course we could. I threw my 5 clams in a pile directly under the basket.

And what did my buddy do? Picked up the 5 clams, created a power clam... then went around the left to try to reach the basket the back way. When he was literally right under it. And of course he dies on the way, with three opponents immediately pouncing on him, so I couldn't even retrieve the clam.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I know folks don't like the Bloblobber--but you kids are my teammates! Please ink the blasted walls!!!

I'm like a Splat1 roller every time I face a vertical surface. And oh look, this rotation includes Moray Towers... (T_T)

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Haven't played for a while, but watching a stream just brought this to my attention. I guess it's salt filled rage with people who **** on others for not using motion.

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that motion is vastly superior to sticks in every possible way and it makes your aim and everything more accurate and such than sticks could ever do. But if you're gonna go around and **** on people for using sticks...like...really? If they're enjoying the game and playing and doing good and such, what's the bother? They're having fun, and pulling their weight (if they are). If they don't like motion, don't use motion, they tried and just can't get the hang of it, or have problems that make using motion and flicking and constant movement hard/painful...why not just let them be?

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Haven't played for a while, but watching a stream just brought this to my attention. I guess it's salt filled rage with people who **** on others for not using motion.

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that motion is vastly superior to sticks in every possible way and it makes your aim and everything more accurate and such than sticks could ever do. But if you're gonna go around and **** on people for using sticks...like...really? If they're enjoying the game and playing and doing good and such, what's the bother? They're having fun, and pulling their weight (if they are). If they don't like motion, don't use motion, they tried and just can't get the hang of it, or have problems that make using motion and flicking and constant movement hard/painful...why not just let them be?
Maybe they're adults so they take much longer time to learn motion. They already have years of stick experience.

They say you can't teach an old dogfish new tricks.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Guess I get to double post now, hooray! How goddamn hard is it to NOT stand in front of a Hydra when they're trying to keep the zone pressured? I can reach the entire zone on The Reef just by standing in one spot, moving maybe one foot to either side, but that's precisely the one foot that every TTek and Jr. needs to stand in. Yes we lost because of you.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Yesterday, I finally stopped procrastinating and dismantled my Splatoon pro controller---plan to paint the sticks and buttons pink & green!

Ecstatic with all the pieces splayed before me and ready to paint... I suddenly remembered that a new patch and weapons would drop tomorrow/today.

*HEADTABLE*

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Yesterday, I finally stopped procrastinating and dismantled my Splatoon pro controller---plan to paint the sticks and buttons pink & green!

Ecstatic with all the pieces splayed before me and ready to paint... I suddenly remembered that a new patch and weapons would drop tomorrow/today.

*HEADTABLE*
At least it's tomorrow:rolleyes:. And why pink and green?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Pink & green are the games major official-ish colors, but until I'm finished with it sometime this week I'll be split joycon crash coursing once more. This will be "entertaining."

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Pink & green are the games major official-ish colors, but until I'm finished with it sometime this week I'll be split joycon crash coursing once more. This will be "entertaining."
Well I was aware of Pink and Green being the 'official' colors. I just meant why not live a little and try something garish like a Toni Kensa Black, White, and Red but perhaps that's living a little to dangerously ;). On the topic of that delicious, decadent SALT, I absolutely love it when I'm innocently playing on the portable mode and the console pulls a complete deep and instantly loses connection to a joycon in the middle of a heated Clamblitz match.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Nah, the retro Kensa aesthetic just reminds me when black, white, and grey was the popular and correct color palette. :p

But pink and green? Now that's garish!

As for on topic salt, how bout dem charger vs charger duels!? What's worst than shooting first but still trading? Shooting first with a bamboozler and not counting the second button press! Or worse yet, getting the two hits but still trading!

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Booyah bomb has successfully made these changes:

1. Everyone ignores your ouches and pays more attention to useless booyahs.
2. Instead of pushing when able, people will carelessly use their booyah bomb for no reason whatsoever. Not helping the push at all.
3. People ignore your ouches.
4. Your ability to see is lessened with how many bombs is usually going off at once.
5. Have I mentioned people ignore your ouches?
6. I keep getting stuck with like two dynamos while the other team is well balanced.
7. People keep ignoring my freaking ouches.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
There's this one person I repeatedly run into in League. They always get placed on my team, and we invariably lose because said person is a very consistent 0-kill charger. I've never seen him actually take someone out. I kind of want to find him and politely ask him to try a different weapon :oops: It's not working for you, man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom