• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
I usually find it quite simple to take out a Steelhead, its just that if other things are attacking me at the same time or my weapon lacks range that I struggle. Chargers are really good against them as it can one shot them. I try to take them out quickly if I see them since the bomb, while slow, covers a heck load of turf. The only other things I consider worse than Steelheads are FlyFish (dam those things :<) and the Stingers.

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
I know right...even in profreshional salmon run people still don't know how important it is to kill stinger and flyfish first, and miss a lot while hitting the steelhead with chargers.
3+Stingers/Flyfish attacking together=living hell
Turns Salmon Run into Touhou/Cuphead
Oh, and some people still don't know shooting the projectiles that the drizzlers launch can prevent ink storms.

NNID
struggleb
Switch Friend Code
SW-5876-3357-4298
Dude. This is the story of my life.

If my weapon has no range, I'm there alone trying to kill it... and get killed by something else dumb shooting at me -___-

I spend most of Salmon Run screaming "DO YOUR JOB"

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I wonder what the hell happened at the start of the clip? Hardcore lag spike? It seems the squid inksploded, but the "splatted squid" text didn't show up.

Yeah that guy had a walmart connection at best, you disconnected the man into the shadow realm when you sniped him. Your teammate didn't get him because you would have at least gotten an assist sign for hitting him.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Rollers are the bane of my existence. That noise they make when flicking has ingrained itself in me. I always jump when I hear it, even when an ally does it. Ever hear an ally with a roller flick behind you, and by instinct you turn around and shoot at him?

The attached match didn't make me salty so much as it baffled me. When I saw that we won, I just shouted "HOW?!", because it felt like I was fighting back spawn campers the entire time. I guess the saying "Splats don't matter." isn't always BS?

share_picture4-1.jpg

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
^ I'm sorry about the hurt feelings. :(

Just a pinch of salt again... I really want to become a great Roller player, but I'm still a novice and need some pointers. *^.^* I know that I need to be more stealthy and make more use of the vertical flick, but what else can I do? I have already started using the Ninja Squid ability again--I truly hope it'll help in the long run. Oh, and, I currently use the Hero Roller. I used the Carbon Roller for a while, and I think I'm ready to wield the Hero Roller now... but it can be very tough in rooms with many experienced players...

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
This speaks for itself, really
I know the feel. Between that and teleporting Rollers, I honestly have no clue at times, lol.
And then there's just a tid-bit of salt of the day.

Title: DCs are the bane of my existence

Me: Come on game, I need more practice. Give me your worst.
Splatoon: Got you fam.

And almost won with another DC

Game plz, lol.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Panic Splashdowns are ree-doo-doo-diculous!

Whether used as a "get out of splat-jail free" card in a fight or an "OMGWTFBBQLULZ I got enemy ink on me! NUUUUUUU!!" reflex, it's stupid.

And just as ree-doo-doo-donkulus are the sympathetic panic Splashdowns. Someone activates their splashdown then a teammate who sees it drops what they're doing then activates theirs—doesn't matter what they're up to, they saw that splashdown so that means there's trouble so they might as well activate theirs NOW. And if there's a third or fourth splashdown user they'll immediately stop and activate theirs... even if they're on the other team... just... whuh?!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Maybe it doesn't count salty if I'm not salty... I saw my teammate disappeared at the end of game. Did that teammate disconnect or ragequit?
It could be either or. It's hard to say for sure. If they DCed after they died or while they were losing, it's safe to assume it was probably a rage quit. Sometimes when I splat someone who lags hardcore, they DC afterwards though, so who knows sometimes. :p

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
It could be either or. It's hard to say for sure. If they DCed after they died or while they were losing, it's safe to assume it was probably a rage quit. Sometimes when I splat someone who lags hardcore, they DC afterwards though, so who knows sometimes. :p
Speaking of, I once had a fun one-off against another Firefin when playing the scope one, I kept splatting him over the first 1:30 of the match and then he suddenly DC'd. I jokingly said I caused a glitch in the system at first, but it may as well have been a ragequit, as I thought about it for a bit. Ragequits and DCs in general are a squissue for both sides of the game, as they really suck out the fun. For the receiving side because the match turns borderline unwinnable, for the other side because a) they have the pressure not to lose for sure now because otherwise it'd end up being an embarrassing loss and b) because it turns into easy-mode, something not everyone is fond of.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Panic Splashdowns are ree-doo-doo-diculous!
[...] Whether used as a "get out of splat-jail free" card in a fight or an "OMGWTFBBQLULZ I got enemy ink on me! NUUUUUUU!!" reflex, it's stupid.
You just described me using Splashdowns. xD I have no idea how to use them properly, sometimes I make a great Splashdown and I'm very happy, but most of the time I use it as a knee-jerk reflex when I realise I'm going down, so why not perhaps take an Inkling with me? *moahaha*

Doesn't work most of the time, however. ;| That's why I have to try to be more careful with this Special, but it's hard once it's set into your brain to use it when you're mega stressed by somebody with their crazy ink going everywhere...!

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I really, really hate getting blasters on Goldie Gushers rounds in Salmon Run. It's so easy to set off gushers without meaning to. Especially if you're in a tight spot with enemies swarming towards you around one of the gushers, in which case your only other option is to run away and hope someone else deals with it.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
This Splatfest was rather painful, gotta say. Not only like 90% of matches were mirror matches, but the distribution of points is just great
It goes like this.
+3, +1, +0.4, -84, -76, +2, +1, +0.2
We ended up grumbling about the game the whole time. We still had fun and laughed at it, but it was painful nonetheless, haha

EDIT : This Shifty Station was really bad too as per usual. One push throught that choke and you're already spawn camping them/being spawn camped. It got so bad we made a team give up.
I take it for granted everyone hates it a that point, heh

Last edited:

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
gonna copy + paste my rage I posted in the find out what's fresh thread here, cos it seems to be more fitting here.

I absolutely loathe Shifty Station now. I HATE having my Splatfest ruined because the Splatoon 2 team is just giving us these terrible maps that completely characterize the event. I no longer even appreciate the concept of Shifty Station. Splatfest is absolutely ruined because of Shifty Station, I hate it so much. The devs should be experimenting with these hellscape maps by themselves with private play testers, not with literally the whole world who must experience these absolute messes of maps. I want Shifty Station to go away and never come back.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I didn't play the Splatfest once again because it is only Turf Wars. I think I only played two Splatfests for real, the two first ones during the original game's life. Turf Wars is literally the worst mode in the game. Boring as goddamn hell.

In my opinion, of course, before someone call me names for disliking their favorite mode.

I wish they would rotate all the four non-Salmon Run modes during the Splatfest. No ranks, just the modes. Would be actually fun.

Meh. I wanted the snails, though :T

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom