• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
You mean like most of your splat zones matches the zone never changes control? Or just that the first team to have control gets an advantage that's hard to overcome even if control changes? Either way that's interesting because I haven't had that experience. Zones change control a lot other than the odd very one sided match. Even in one sided matches the losing team usually has control multiple times. I honestly can't remember any time where I lost or won a splat zones match where the losing team never moved their timer from 100. Rainmaker on the other hand or clam blitz there are definitely a noticeable minority of matches where the losing team is still at 100 when the match is over. Tower control is in the middle but it is pretty rare again that the losing team never moves their timer from 100. I love the back and forth splat zones and tower control matches.
I've had several games of zones that end 100-0 on both ends of the spectrum. I know just last night I 100-0ed a team on sturgeon zones. In lower ranks it's more likely to have back and forth matches because one, people don't know how to defend the zone or when to push back and such. Or two, they focus too much on painting and kills happen easier on both sides meaning constant changing of the zone. Not say that it can't be back and forth in competitive but if you know how to defend the zone and come out on top of all your encounters then you have a good shot at it.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Sting Ray is getting on my nerves. There are at least two, usually three in the opponent team every match.

Unrelated, but I wish at least once I could get an Ink Saver drink ticket.
I have that same luck, but for me it is often Tenta Missiles. Try having two or three volleys of missiles coming at you at any given time! At least Sting Rays I can dodge effectively. Missiles are easy enough to dodge unless one of your idiot teammates comes running toward you with a rain of explosive death following in right behind! I have my own set of missiles to dodge without yours getting in the way, thank you very much!

Mightysplat

Inkster Jr.
I've had several games of zones that end 100-0 on both ends of the spectrum. I know just last night I 100-0ed a team on sturgeon zones. In lower ranks it's more likely to have back and forth matches because one, people don't know how to defend the zone or when to push back and such. Or two, they focus too much on painting and kills happen easier on both sides meaning constant changing of the zone. Not say that it can't be back and forth in competitive but if you know how to defend the zone and come out on top of all your encounters then you have a good shot at it.
If I've experienced a 100-0 loss I don't remember it. I also haven't noticed the zone changing control that much less in higher ranks (note that I've only reached S+0 but I've broken my S+0 bar multiple times and stayed at S+0 so I've played many low level S+ matches). I have noticed that people push forward more in S+ and use the map more to predict where you're trying to flank.. But in basically every game the team who does not have control manages to break through that pushed forward line usually more than once. And I have noticed that defending the zone is harder like you've barely taken it over before there's a barrage of coordinated specials plus subs pushing you back. But the zone still does change control. I honestly haven't counted the number of times control changes so I can't say whether it's less than in lower ranks. Or maybe you meant high S+ versus low S+... Can't speak to that.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Level 70...S+....and you're still squidbagging in ranked like an eight-year-old. Not even for any special kills-just with a freaking Baller. Seriously, alex?

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
If I've experienced a 100-0 loss I don't remember it. I also haven't noticed the zone changing control that much less in higher ranks (note that I've only reached S+0 but I've broken my S+0 bar multiple times and stayed at S+0 so I've played many low level S+ matches). I have noticed that people push forward more in S+ and use the map more to predict where you're trying to flank.. But in basically every game the team who does not have control manages to break through that pushed forward line usually more than once. And I have noticed that defending the zone is harder like you've barely taken it over before there's a barrage of coordinated specials plus subs pushing you back. But the zone still does change control. I honestly haven't counted the number of times control changes so I can't say whether it's less than in lower ranks. Or maybe you meant high S+ versus low S+... Can't speak to that.
I was mostly comparing C ranks to S+ and S+ high power level. I've made my way to high S+ levels and it happens every so often. Not all the time but it certainly can. Getting like a 100-8 is much more common than that but 100-0's still happen. It's fairly rare but there sure are occurrences.

Phichikapparho

Full Squid
NNID
Phichi
It's probably my fault for switching from my ink resistance heavy stuff to mostly clean gear. But turf war all against lvl 50+ people on the new map just wasn't working for me at all.

I got a couple kills and some decent coverage, but even when my team ended up winning the entire match felt like a loss to me. My wife didn't mind the only times she lost was when she was on my team. 2 or three times max. Mostly it was her v me.

My least favorite area there is right in the middle on the sides there is basically a hole on either side that you need to ink up walls to get back out of. Needless to say i found it on accident and the opposing team found me on purpose. Then the next time I went in there on purpose and when I came up it was to a seemingly perfectly timed curling bomb explosion right at my feet. AAAAARG! but my main problem was only being able to hit them a couple times with my Duelies while rolling around trying to dodge them before they kill me. Usually I don't seem to have any problems with that.
I was having a really hard time with the motion control so I just stuck with the sticks but maybe it's time I revisit the motion control and see if that helps my aim any.

The salmon runs were fun though. Too many dc's but still fun.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Griller shift on Salmon Smokeyard, high tide. Coworker calls us to the other side-but the Griller's on the egg basket side. When I try to join him on the platform headed back, it takes off and leaves me in the water. Coworker realizes what happened and revives me-then flies off with the platform as I try to get on, making me splat again. This happens about five time. I'm thinking he's just not aware what's happening-until he starts squidpartying by me. (Our two other coworkers have been grilled and crying for help the whole time)

Why be a douche on Salmon Run? Literally nobody benefits from it. If you don't wanna play, just don't play.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
There was a player I think he/she shouldn't be on Profreshional... or more like should be banned. IDK if he/she is bad coworker or just troll. In wave 1, there was high tide so everyone went to second island except me staying behind on first island (rolls eyes). Platform had returned to its original position but one player attempted to get on it... fall into water. When he/she revived, he/she fall into water at same spot. His/her four deaths resulted from that same mistake. Seriously, just use other platform. Coworkers wasted time reviving him/her. Alas, we wiped out, even not having single golden egg in bucket (yep, no boss on first island).

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
So the new museum is in rotation. Arrowanna is back.

I'm not seeing either of them because the Turf Rotation Gods have decreed that Moray Towers be a constant thing on a monthly basis...much like PMS.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I'm not sure where he got those percentages, but they are not right, so better not to trust them. False information everywhere.
I don't know what the game does when you have an ability-specific brand with the same drink ticket, but if the person is right in saying that the brand gives the ability a 10/35 probability and the drink tickets re-roll the slot when the ability is not selected, then the probability would be:

10/35 = 28.571%
(for no drink ticket) 28.571% + 71.429 X 28.571% = 48.979% (with the drink ticket with the assumption that it re-rolls unfavorable rolls)

Sorry if this topic was dead, but there is a lot of misinformation out there and we don't need to call something out when it might be true. Plus, I'm taking a course in statistics right now and I really want to find a way to apply it somewhere useful. If anyone has a question about numbers I might be able to help, if you want it.

D

Deleted member

I'm salty about the fact that I cannot play this game without getting salty. Pretty sad, isn't it?

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Okay, it's official-I'm blocking anyone with the [WUT] tag.

I was already considering it when I first found out who they were. (If you don't already know-they're a clan started by some popular YouTuber, dedicated to squidpartying) But I decided that would be petty of me-even though I know lots of squidpartiers and YouTubers I strongly dislike, they're not all bad, and I met a few in Salmon Runs that did just fine. Harmless fun, surely.

But today I got in a match with two members-one on each team. The one on my team made only two splats-the one on the other team made eleven. That's way too sketchy for two people in the same clan. (I know it's not a skill-based clan, but they were both S+ players.) I'm sure not all of them will do that, but I'm not interested in playing with squids that throw the match because someone they party with is on the other team.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Okay, it's official-I'm blocking anyone with the [WUT] tag.

I was already considering it when I first found out who they were. (If you don't already know-they're a clan started by some popular YouTuber, dedicated to squidpartying) But I decided that would be petty of me-even though I know lots of squidpartiers and YouTubers I strongly dislike, they're not all bad, and I met a few in Salmon Runs that did just fine. Harmless fun, surely.

But today I got in a match with two members-one on each team. The one on my team made only two splats-the one on the other team made eleven. That's way too sketchy for two people in the same clan. (I know it's not a skill-based clan, but they were both S+ players.) I'm sure not all of them will do that, but I'm not interested in playing with squids that throw the match because someone they party with is on the other team.
It's not necessarily even partying or intentionally throwing the match. Half the time when I run into squaddies of any stripe (and there are a ton of them in Turf these days for some unholy reason), it's safe to assume they're going to play like they never handled a controller before in their lives. On the one hand I'm relieved they're not in there crushing the rest of us into the ground (sometimes they do), and on the other I'm just like... y'all are competitive somewhere? On what planet???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom