The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
It's hard to do my job as the Charger on SR when everyone else avoids shooting small fries etc at all cost. Please, I'll gladly snipe those Steelheads if you clear out the trash! Oh ok, I guess you better shoot the Flyfish with your Gloogas instead.. ''That's a wrap!'' Also, someone else with a Charger thought it was extremely crucial to shoot at very faraway Cohocks instead of the two Steelhads nearby! I cleared it up with the op-slosher, but we still wiped on first wave :rolleyes:

Nevermind that one cannon round where I finally saw that no one else went into a cannon, so I got to try it! The problem soon dawned upon me - no one was collecting/delivering eggs at all. I get out of cannon to do that, but no one hops into one even then! So, I'm stuck cycling between clearing the area with a cannon and try my best to collect enough eggs to hit the quota while the other three bounce around aimlessly shooting a little. We didn't get enough eggs.. like what were these squids trying to accomplish here?!

I ain't a perfect squid either, but sometimes I don't believe I'm playing in profreshional with these kind of matches..

Last edited:

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
It's hard to do my job as the Charger on SR when everyone else avoids shooting small fries etc at all cost. Please, I'll gladly snipe those Steelheads if you clear out the trash! Oh ok, I guess you better shoot the Flyfish with your Gloogas instead.. ''That's a wrap!'' Also, someone else with a Charger thought it was extremely crucial to shoot at very faraway Cohocks instead of the two Steelhads nearby! I cleared it up with the op-slosher, but we still wiped on first wave :rolleyes:

Nevermind that one cannon round where I finally saw that no one else went into a cannon, so I got to try it! The problem soon dawned upon me - no one was collecting/delivering eggs at all. I get out of cannon to do that, but no one hops into one even then! So, I'm stuck cycling between clearing the area with a cannon and try my best to collect enough eggs to hit the quota while the other three bounce around aimlessly shooting a little. We didn't get enough eggs.. like what were these squids trying to accomplish here?!

I ain't a perfect squid either, but sometimes I don't believe I'm playing in profreshional with these kind of matches..
I don't have quite so bad a time with my co-workers, but it happens often enough that I wonder how some of these squids managed to become Profreshionals with that kind of performance. I will admit that I am somewhat guilty of shooting Cohocks instead of bosses with a charger, but often it's because I don't know about the boss Salmonids around or the ones I can see I can't really hit with normal fire. That is why I say time and again that this, whether it be regular battles or working a Salmon Run shift, is a team based effort. None of us can handle everything on our own. When the action gets a little too chaotic, it helps to have your team at your back to help ease up on some of that weight. That having been said, I am pretty good at handling a lot of Salmonids by myself. But don't leave me to try to fend off a Flyfish, a Steel Eel, and a Scrapper all while having to dodge and clear the common Salmonid rabble. I am only one squid here, guys!

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
I don't have quite so bad a time with my co-workers, but it happens often enough that I wonder how some of these squids managed to become Profreshionals with that kind of performance. I will admit that I am somewhat guilty of shooting Cohocks instead of bosses with a charger, but often it's because I don't know about the boss Salmonids around or the ones I can see I can't really hit with normal fire. That is why I say time and again that this, whether it be regular battles or working a Salmon Run shift, is a team based effort. None of us can handle everything on our own. When the action gets a little too chaotic, it helps to have your team at your back to help ease up on some of that weight. That having been said, I am pretty good at handling a lot of Salmonids by myself. But don't leave me to try to fend off a Flyfish, a Steel Eel, and a Scrapper all while having to dodge and clear the common Salmonid rabble. I am only one squid here, guys!
Yeah I understand when players just don't notice certain bosses immediately, happens to me aswell occasionally. But this one occasion of oblivious Charger was beyond it - the Steelheads threw a bomb or two before I had the time to go deal with them myself, without the Charger batting an eye at the situation. There was probably some other underperformance issues within the team aswell that I didn't notice since we wiped so fast. But, nothing wrong with shooting Cohocks in general for a bit!

I've learned to fend a lot things thorought my playtime, too. Mostly due to all the unfortunate matches where things just don't work out at all. I do guestion if in my case it's just been someone else playing on the account instead of the actual owner due to such poor performances.. I hope so at least.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
It's hard to enjoy Turf wars at all when I'm put into a 3v4 right from the start very, very, very often! If not that, it's total destruction with some spawn camping. The rare wins don't even feel nice :oops: And no way I'm going to get any scrubbing done with losing so many games :scared:

Then I think hey, I guess I should go back to ranked, it's been a while. Only to have an unnamed clan person afk most of the match on my team, resulting to an obvious loss.. :( very sad woomy

Last edited:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It's hard to enjoy Turf wars at all when I'm put into a 3v4 right from the start very, very, very often! If not that, it's total destruction with some spawn camping. The rare wins don't even feel nice :oops: And no way I'm going to get any scrubbing done with losing so many games :scared:

Then I think hey, I guess I should go back to ranked, it's been a while. Only to have an unnamed clan person afk most of the match on my team, resulting to an obvious loss.. :( very sad woomy
That's rough, and unfortunately, all too common at the moment. Both my friends and I have noticed an influx of DCs and idle players in the game recently, more so than usual, which is saying a lot. Not even ranked is free from the issue, primarily Clam Blitz, which sees people rage quit more often when the other team gets a lead, believing they can't catch up. Ironic since one good push can score a crazy amount of points in the mode, but ragequitters aren't exactly known to be bright folks. ;)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Okay, enough is enough. Can I please, PLEASE stop being put in lobbies with newer players across all modes? It isn't fun for anybody! Look at this!

You think these turf players enjoy being destroyed by me? I don't get enjoyment out of doing so! Likewise, I bet the C- pairs I get matched with in League are overjoyed to be facing nothing but pros. I don't know if it's a lack of players or what, but no one benefits from this lopsided matchmaking! This has been happening so often lately...

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Okay, enough is enough. Can I please, PLEASE stop being put in lobbies with newer players across all modes? It isn't fun for anybody! Look at this!

You think these turf players enjoy being destroyed by me? I don't get enjoyment out of doing so! Likewise, I bet the C- pairs I get matched with in League are overjoyed to be facing nothing but pros. I don't know if it's a lack of players or what, but no one benefits from this lopsided matchmaking! This has been happening so often lately...
For a while, league was feeling a lot better due to breaking down that regional matchmaking barrier, but I think there must be a drop in player base lately because I'm getting C- pairs again all of a sudden. I'm not good enough to carry someone who goes 1 kill/14 deaths or 0 kills/13 deaths (happened to me in back to back games the other night).

Of course, it might just be matchmaking in general and not population. Last night in 4P, we got a bunch of easy 1800-level wins in our first seven games and then they jumped us to playing against 2300 and (when lucky) 2000-level teams for every game after that.

If they gave us those teams in the first seven and we lost, our score would have been in the 1900s easy, and then we could have walked it up against other 1800 and 1900 teams after the first seven. But it felt like they were deciding for us what our power level would be... by giving us too low to get a good initial level and then too high to ever win after that.

It feels like, whether it's 2P or 4P, they have no interest in pairing me with partners and/or enemies at my team's same level. I'm not saying I deserve (or want) a cakewalk -- quite the opposite. Stop giving me only easy teams or impossible teams. I want more 50/50 games.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm not good enough to carry someone who goes 1 kill/14 deaths or 0 kills/13 deaths (happened to me in back to back games the other night).
If they gave us those teams in the first seven and we lost, our score would have been in the 1900s easy, and then we could have walked it up against other 1800 and 1900 teams after the first seven. But it felt like they were deciding for us what our power level would be... by giving us too low to get a good initial level and then too high to ever win after that.
YES, EXACTLY. There may be a difference in our skill levels, my friend, but I can absolutely relate. It's hard even for pros to compensate for people who are dead more than alive. And I've also had sessions where we just get 1600-1800 teams and basically have no chance of a higher score because of it.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
Oh hey looks exactly like most of my Turf lobbies! Man do I feel bad when I see those sub-10 players in the same lobby as level 90s and even players with that star in front of their name. What kind of an impression does a new player get of the game this way? I'm sure a lot have quit early on..

Though I can say as I'm only level 34 myself, with a lot time spent on first game and S+ on it's ranked, I'm happy when the game actually throws me into a relatively high level lobby. Which is almost never! Not a wonder I've gotten so rusty.. :D And at times, depending on my performance and weapon choise, I do feel my presence can be very unfair if the lobby is full of new players.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Oh I feel you guys... The league matchmaker, or just the matchmaker in general, is all over the damn place.
It feels at that point that it doesn't even try to get even scores anymore-- just to get a match going at all costs.

Even then the game fails at doing that, every once in a while a lobby that is full with 8 players won't even start, you'll just see the timer tick down until it hits 0 and kick you out

On the other hand sometimes it cares so little that it'll start a match with only 7 players, though that match was a couple of months ago, it still hasn't been fixed. Best part? The game doesn't even count that as a disconnect, so you still lose rank if you're unfortunate enough to be on the side with only 3 players!

''Splatoon 2 is a good game''

Jon914

Pro Squid
Solo matchmaking is super conservative. After a run where I completely stomped the competition (27-1, 15-0, 14-0, 18-3), it's still sticking me in lobbies under 1600.

How many more teams do I have to stomp before it takes a hint and bumps me up?

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
My patience with this game has been really thin lately. I think it's a good time for me to not play for a while, or atleast not do PvP for a few weeks.

I've accepted DCs as part of the game, but lately I've been thinking that the sheer amount of them is inexcusable. I don't even mind it when a teammate DCs, since it's less punishing than a dead weight teammate. It's that when an enemy DCs, I end up feeling horrible. Even moreso when my meter fills more than usual. If I'm lucky, there will only be a DC in 1/3 of my matches.

The lag on the other hand really gets to me. Why do I keep getting punished for having an acceptable connection? After the third time of getting instakilled by teleporting enemies that phase through my shots, I start to get irritated.

Well either take a break, or take some squidelin.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Getting splatted by a squidbagger is annoying.

Getting splatted by a squidbagger who uses every second of the kill cam is annoying. (Mora-Sama, if you ever play with them and want to block them before getting bagged)

Losing to said squidbagger is very, very annoying.

My one victory I can claim-at least I have the self-respect not to use an E-liter.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
This isn't my personnal salt, but I leagued with @Dessgeega @Hero of Lime and @ThatOneGuy .. We had a pretty up and down session but that's besides the point.
When the scores came out, we went to check the regional rankings, and we've found the saddest thing.
This team got number 1 in Europe because literally no one else was playing, and it's not any better in twins there's only 9 teams.
That means there were only 22 people playing in that rotation. That's just... sad.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993

Salted sniper is a delicacy in some places. He got an easy splat on me and figured he'd get another one. I have no doubt he cheered when his boozler friend avenged him, but the point is I had my fun and stayed in the lobby. He didn't =p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom