• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The great gear polishing and purification exchange!

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Since the "'Shiny' and 'Pure' Gear Compendium" thread has been getting a bit unwieldy with people trying to collaborate in producing shiny and pure gear, rather than simply advertising their shiny and pure gear, or posting info on shiny and pure gear that they've seen, I thought it would be best to start a dedicated thread.

So, post here if you have gear which would either be shiny or pure, but for the third slot - so, either the first two slots will be two of any non-favoured ability, or they will be two of the piece's main ability. Either you will not be interested in having the shiny or pure piece yourself, but are happy for someone to order it from you and to polish or purify it, or you will be interested in having the shiny or pure piece yourself, and need someone to assist you in producing it. The benefit of helping someone in this position is that you would also get the shiny or pure piece.

Here's a brief explanation of polishing/purifying:

The probability of rolling gear with triples of a specific non-favoured ability is 0.03% (1 in 4,425), and so very much not in our favour (more info here). However, it's possible to improve the odds (though I don't know by how much) by exploiting certain features of the ordering system. The chance of receiving ordered gear with the first two slots unlocked is 9.5%, and there's then a 6% chance that an added third slot will be filled by a specific non-favoured ability. So if you order and receive gear that has a specific non-favoured on just the first two slots, then there's a relatively good chance that an added third slot will have the same ability, thereby producing a shiny or pure piece. Your chances of securing the shiny or pure piece can be further improved by making use of the data exploit; the ability on the third slot will be set as soon as you buy the piece from Spyke, so if you make a restore point before you buy, you can have multiple attempts at adding and unlocking the ability that you want.

Last edited:

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I currently have a bomb range inky rider that is close to being pure. The third slot is about to be levelled up but assuming it fails me is anybody interested? This would be amazing on a burst bomb build and it's super stylish too.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
I gladly would help you out . I got enough squid money to spend anyways. Just tell me when you're ready to go.

I have:

:clothes_prk002: :ability_ninjasquid: with :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:head_ncp003::ability_tenacity:with :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Strapping Whites :ability_inksaversub: with :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
Feel free to ask for them if you wanna try to perfect them.

Last edited:

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Good idea, just add my NNID and I'll accept you. I'm online around 13 PM EST (7 PM CEST) almost everyday, so this would be a good time to meet. I've got enough money to give a bunch of 2/3 offers from Spyke a try (if I get them once every two weeks or someting XD).

I've got this one, if someone is willing to assist me:

:shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_defenseup:

I'd rather have a third Damage Up or either Run Speed (which is it's favored ability, so maybe not too difficult) or Main Saver for my Pro loadout.

Any headgear close to :ability_damage: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: would be appreciated too.

Last edited:

Loolsaasmeem

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Loolsaasmeem
Got this : :head_hdp001::ability_inksaversub::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_quicksuperjump:

Would be really hard though since bomb range is nonfavored

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I've got this one, if someone is willing to assist me:

:shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_defenseup:

I'd rather have a third Damage Up or either Run Speed (which is it's favored ability, so maybe not too difficult) or Main Saver for my Pro loadout.
That's bound to have some takers! Just FYI, if someone succeeds in ordering it with the first two slots unlocked, then it won't matter to you what they do with the third, since either way you'll want to order it back with just the first two unlocked, as this gives you the best chance of getting the third as you like it, and so obviously you can then refine the third as you want (though this could be time consuming as it's 3-star gear).

@CrazyDude: Are you replying to me to or Squiddiam? If the latter then no worries, but if the former then awesome! Either post or PM your NNID and we can sort something out.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I have the :shoes_bot003: with:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_runspeed: and the :clothes_plo003: with :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksavermain:, but they are not that useful due to other clothes having the ability bias. However, I have an almost pure :clothes_shirt006: with :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery:. Don't really need someone to help polish it, but any takers can add me. NNID: Mr_Squigggles

allav866

Inkling
NNID
Allav866
I have:
:clothes_prk002: :ability_ninjasquid: with :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Feel free to ask for them if you wanna try to perfect them.
I could help with that. I need a Ninja Squid-enabled gear that isn't an ugly pink polo, anyways.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Rolled my blue moto boots into :ability_runspeed::ability_damage::ability_damage: which is my desired combination. Unfortunately though, it's crappy for purification now.

Flareon

Inkling
NNID
bouquet_grise
I have an Aloha Shirt that is ink recovery up as a main, and 2 more ink recovert ups as secondaries. The third slot us still locked, but i could try to help maybe? (Ranked squads in a+ dont lose points riht?)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Should probably put an explanation on how this works in the OP, but good to have this thread regardless! I've got a Squid Girl Tunic with 2x Ink Recovery Up and Squid Girl Shoes with 2x Swim Speed that'd I love help with since it's for my main combo.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Oh yes! I meant to do it at the weekend but totally forgot. Will take care of it later today...

Oh, also, very happy to help with those shoes :)
Awesomes! I can help with your shoes aswell if you haven't gotten them already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom