• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The "I'll be Rank __ forever" thread

JKUJunkie

Inkling
NNID
garybaumann
I think it may match people based on their "cool - super hawt" rating tbh. Which would be when you're not on a good streak it pairs you with better team mates, but when you strt climbing it starts pairing you with team mates who aren't on this streak.
Interesting. What exactly is the Coo-Hawt meter for? Is it simple feedback on how you are doing in the current session? Anyway, I'm hoping someone has a strategy tip for times when the teams get out of balance. For example, should I try a weapon and load out that I rarely use so the server rethinks my upcoming ability? When the teams go out of balance just stop and wait a couple of days? I would like to think that in order to earn a spot with A+ players I need to beat A players. But that's clearly not the case. Maybe the answer is simply, you've got to beat a team of higher ranked player in order to join them.

Thanks for the input.

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Interesting. What exactly is the Coo-Hawt meter for? Is it simple feedback on how you are doing in the current session? Anyway, I'm hoping someone has a strategy tip for times when the teams get out of balance. For example, should I try a weapon and load out that I rarely use so the server rethinks my upcoming ability? When the teams go out of balance just stop and wait a couple of days? I would like to think that in order to earn a spot with A+ players I need to beat A players. But that's clearly not the case. Maybe the answer is simply, you've got to beat a team of higher ranked player in order to join them.

Thanks for the input.
Your "cool-hawt" level affects how much gold you can get from Judd per four hour sesssion(increasing amounts per stage up to 1400 total, which can be collected all at once. This does not affect how many sea snails judd gives you) and then my hypothesis that it works as stated in matchmaking, but that's it. Your chosen weapon has no bearing on how the matcmaking works except for this:

MM will *attempt to match people with weapons based on 3 categories, Short - Medium - Long range. This to avoid the issue of "Hey m team is four chargers". Beyond that it won't affect your MM afaik. As for team balance, couple of days? No, there are usually enouhg people that simply backing out and coming back will probably place you with entirely new players. I'd recommend doing this if you either completely stomp or completely get stomped as the players that performed the worst may be on your team next and vice versa. I've seen the 96 that went 2/11 on the enemy team be on my team with the same score next match way too many times. As for beating a team of higher level players to join them...

I honestly have no idea. I didn't start playing ranked until they tightened the ranking system of a bit, and I have spent that last 800-900 of my 1300 hours total in S or S+ which only play with themselves.

words of encouragement though, It is possible to utterly carry your team in A rank in a vast majority of matches. I've been there recently on an alt with a win rate of around 80% so it's entirely possible if you're abl to accrue enough skill and play the right kind of weapon(Something not very team dependant, with good TTK and ink;ing ability, aka the TTek or others like it). If you can take away what you need to from your matches to improve you'll be able to carry yourself to S+, and in general that is what MM expects of you.

Windows95

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4161-2129-8915
The situation described above is what i experience too. Always when I get into the upper regions of A, significantly more Aplussies seem to be eligible to be on the same match.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I take note of my matches to avoid bad map/mode combinations for my weapons and normally it goes like: 1 win 1 lose, 2 win 2 lose, 3 win 3 lose...
So if I win 3 in a row I stop playing on the 1st loss so that I don't have to "hand back" the points I won.

Random is scary, we start to believe in something to feel we're in control. The matchmaker god can get furious sometimes! :D

Windows95

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4161-2129-8915
Ye olde "Monte Carlo / gambler's fallacy"? Perhaps so. Problem here is that we don't know exactly what is the result of chance and the result of algorithm, but it is so attractive to try and unravel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom