• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The "I'll be Rank __ forever" thread

Tsf-Jinx

Ṭśƒ+Jinx
Ah, yes. I'm stuck in the wedge between B+ and A-, also known as the Nightmare Hole of Ranked Mode. I have no idea how to get out. Help me.
Hi some of the lower rank players in my clan found having private battles with the higher ranks helpful as they got to see how they played without losing rank. so maybe you could find a group to play with or maybe do some twins, so often you lose in rank battles as the team you are placed with seem to have no idea.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
I'm always fluctuating between S and S+. It's like I play this game to a T, yet my teammates **** up. Like screw what FiveLeaf said. At its core, Splatoon is a team game and if my team messes up, I'm calling them out

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
After getting to A+ and surviving a derank, I deranged after a teammate disconnected (it was funny, I had 1 point or lose and I lost that one point). I then went down to A- before quickly moving back up to A, which I'm stuck on. It feels like I'm stuck here, I'll wina. Few in a row, then go win loss win loss then lose some and the. The cycle starts again. It feels like whenever I make a minor mistake we all fall behind, and we all lose. Often times I've been able to take out an entire team after flanking or sometimes jut by running in and tanking shots, but sometimes it's way too late to do anything, and they gain it back when I die again. I think my playing deteriorates the longer I play, as after watching a few S, S+ streams I don't play all that different, maybe I make a few more mistakes than them and I'm a little less aware, yet I notice I make more mistakes when I'm playing for longer. I'll move up eventually, I just wish I could get more support sometimes. I get more impatient when knowing they have the splat zone or tower, and flanks can take too long so I just end up rushing in there and dying, or even worse, killing them but being unable to push the objective because it's too late. I just needed to rant about being trapped in my rank, as it's the first time I've deranged in a long time, and this is the first time I'm really struggling to get back up. I'll move on eventually though, maybe use other weapons I don't usually too.

Tsf-Jinx

Ṭśƒ+Jinx
I always advise to pick your battles wisely don't play for the sake of playing and try to stick to the 3 losses and stop rule, lose 3 in a row stop take a break or wait for a better rotation.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
I always advise to pick your battles wisely don't play for the sake of playing and try to stick to the 3 losses and stop rule, lose 3 in a row stop take a break or wait for a better rotation.
Trust me this is so important. I once tried rationalizing staying on and playing, but I dropped all the way from S to A in one sitting. It took me a solid week and a half to get back up to S. If you're going on a losing streak just stop. Not only will the salt drive you further from your potential, waiting for a rotation that suites your play style helps out a ton. You need every advantage you want to climb, so there's no use in staying salty.

D

Deleted Member

With the amount of lag I'm receiving I've come to a realization that I'll never reach S+99 maybe S+60 and over but not 99. Maybe in splatoon 2... maybe.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
I seem to be incapable of winning a single round in S. A+? No problem, easy peasy. But once I hit S it's just pure humiliation. I have no clue why it seems so easy for literally everyone except for me. Honestly I want nothing more than to reach S+. If anyone has any advise please feed it to me. Seriously.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I seem to be incapable of winning a single round in S. A+? No problem, easy peasy. But once I hit S it's just pure humiliation. I have no clue why it seems so easy for literally everyone except for me. Honestly I want nothing more than to reach S+. If anyone has any advise please feed it to me. Seriously.
Can you record some of your matches? A phone video will be fine as long as the lighting is good. (Note that I'm S rank and can't hold on to S+ yet)

We should make a Gamplay Critique thread. Have some recording guidlines, players post recordings as private youtube videos, then others give advice. Anybody game?

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
We should make a Gamplay Critique thread. Have some recording guidlines, players post recordings as private youtube videos, then others give advice. Anybody game?
I'm down. People would be wrong not to use it, so I'll help give input as well even tho I'm in a similar boat to Jo. I need to watch more scrims lol.

Tsf-Jinx

Ṭśƒ+Jinx
You should try doing some S rank twins to get you used to playing at the level before doing solo

AutoCarrot

Inkling
NNID
YesToAutoCarrot
I've been stuck at an A- rank for quite a bit. I did have an A once, but times have changed .-.
Oh, how they changed

Windows95

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4161-2129-8915
I've been stuck on A now for a while. Sometimes I make it to the lower regions of A+, sometimes I drop down to upper ones of A-. I mainly stick to Splat Zones, because that is what seems to get me the highest rise in ranks. Today though, lordy, I was so bad, sorry to my teammates! I felt so ashamed with the underperformance. It was Kelp Dome / Splat Zones, no matter what I tried, what weapon or anything, my teams were losing on that stage, and I felt it was my fault. After 5 rounds I forced myself into a temporary rage-quit / rotation wait.

JKUJunkie

Inkling
NNID
garybaumann
I need some help understanding the logic of player allocation. I'm an A ranked player. If I get near A+ I get matched with other A players against all A+ players and the loosing begins. I can post pictures of the battle results. I started taking screen shots because I figured no one would believe it. It's really funny but heartbreaking at the same time. This has been going on for months. Seriously, months. Am I expected to beat all A+ players in order to rank up?

Can anyone offer some insight into what the game designers are going for here? Sometimes when I change gear I can get a different player mix. But, it doesn't last long. As soon as I creep up into the 90 range the A+ players pop in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I've never seen any pattern, it always seemed random to me

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
[...]

Can anyone offer some insight into what the game designers are going for here? Sometimes when I change gear I can get a different player mix. But, it doesn't last long. As soon as I creep up into the 90 range the A+ players pop in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
It has been noticed by myself and others in my circles that once you achieve [rank] 70 things start to get a little odd. We don't have anything confirming this, but beyond the increased lose penalty and lowered win reward it seems like the game gives you worse team mates and vice versa when you are sub thirty. I think it may match people based on their "cool - super hawt" rating tbh. Which would be when you're not on a good streak it pairs you with better team mates, but when you strt climbing it starts pairing you with team mates who aren't on this streak.

That's just my guess anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom