• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Ink Charger Tech Club

Kento

Inkling
NNID
Kento726
In a higher Ranked matches, it will be more difficult to use the 3K as the players would be harder to aim, aggressive, and generally play smarter the moment they see the lasers. I think the Squiffer would be very beneficial in those types of matches as the weapon can be used more aggressively allowing you to help your team mates push. The maps that the 3K would shine the most would be open maps such as Warehouse, Arowana mall, and potentially blackbelly skate park. I personally am gonna try the squiffer in port mackerel soon as the maze like structure of the map make it really useful for mid range weapons.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Finally got those Ink Resistance shoes, and man, they're good. Now I don't have to turn over and die when somebody starts shooting at me. Of course everybody has access to them, but Chargers especially get a boost from 'em. Just need to reroll the things fifty times so the sub abilities are good. :confused:

Beariie

Full Squid
Finally got those Ink Resistance shoes, and man, they're good. Now I don't have to turn over and die when somebody starts shooting at me. Of course everybody has access to them, but Chargers especially get a boost from 'em. Just need to reroll the things fifty times so the sub abilities are good. :confused:
In need of this badly. Once ink starts to surround me, i give up on life lol.

Theres time im easily chased down by machine gunners cause they can cover my path with ease, behind and infront of me. So im doing little work as well as setting myself up. Unless im using a squiffer with mine ;3

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Ohh, random thought. Splattershots slow down when shooting right? If we combined Ink Res with Running Speed we might outpace the opponent when in their ink, meaning we could practically be invincible to the lower rate of fire weapons. Probably missing something obvious but I'm really tired right now so ehhh.

The Apple BOOM

Senior Squid
NNID
TheAppleBOOM
Ohh, random thought. Splattershots slow down when shooting right? If we combined Ink Res with Running Speed we might outpace the opponent when in their ink, meaning we could practically be invincible to the lower rate of fire weapons. Probably missing something obvious but I'm really tired right now so ehhh.
I like how you think

Now I'm going to try this set with my E Liter. Ink Res, Run Speed, Ink Rec Up

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
A friend just told me that you charge incredibly slow in the air, which would probably explain why I sometimes have the thing charge funny. I'll test it later.

And if a certain leak is true, considering it showed us the N-Zap ahead of time, we have a custom E-liter and a E-liter with a scope coming up. Cool, but I would of preferred something completely new.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
A friend just told me that you charge incredibly slow in the air, which would probably explain why I sometimes have the thing charge funny. I'll test it later.
I can comfirm that you charge slower in the air ; so don't jump out of your ink to charge a shot and don't try charging one in the middle of a fall ; However jumping after fully charging a shot is a good way to kill anything under you.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
I did some testing with chargers and the damage ability.
TLDR It's pretty good for the E-liter, and not so good on other chargers.
Alright, that's some pretty impressive results for the E-liter. Kinda surprised it's so ineffective on the other Chargers though...

Although, you think you could test the E-liter with just one and then two attack ups?

Double post but I think it's worth the bump. Anyway, I've been working on the ideal equipment for a while now, and I wanted to bounce some thoughts off you guys.

Let's start with shoes. Ink Res is just about required on Chargers, so that limits our options pretty quickly. There's Ink Res shoes with the Rockenberg, Krak-On, and Tentatek brands. Rockenberg has a high chance of giving Running Speed but lower Swimming Speed's chances, Krak-On is Swim Speed up and Def down, and Tentatek is Ink Recovery up and Quick Jump down. Pretty good choices but Running Speed is kinda meh.

For Shirts, I prefer Ninja Squid, although I imagine Cold Blooded will be popular. Ninja comes on Zekko, Inkline, and Splash Mob, while Cold Blooded comes on Splash Mob, Tentatek, and Firefin. Zekko is Special Saver up and Special Charge Down, Inkline is Def up and Attack Down, Splash Mob is Ink Saver Main up and Running Speed down, Tentatek is Ink Recovery up and Quick Jump down, and Firefin is Ink Saver Sub up and Ink Recovery down. We shouldn't be dying much anyway so Zekko and Inkline are out and Ink Saver Sub is bleh, so that leaves us with Splash Mob for both and Tentatek for Cold Blooded.

Hats are where it gets unclear, so naturally you should decide yours last. The brand you end up with will most likely not be ideal. Swim Speed or Ink Recovery will be on the shoes, and Ink Saver Main or Ink Recovery on the Shirt, and having a ton of the same ink skill is pretty redundant so that cuts a few options. (Having a balance of Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery looks good though.) I'd just look at the wiki page and see what interests you.

Myself, I would like to keep things simple. So rather then having a bunch of different skills I'm going to have three of the same sub skill three times. I plan on using Ink Res shoes with the Swim Speed brand, the Ninja Squid Shirt with the Ink Saver Main brand, and then the Quick Jump Hat with the Ink Saver Main brand and hope for Ink Recoverys along the line. I don't care about Specials that much... Handy, but not as reliable as a permanent skill.

Last edited by a moderator:

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Come on guys! Where's all the discussion?

Finally got a Damage Up as a main ability today, so I could test the E-liter with it. Burst Bombs 2HKO with direct hits with it, but two sub skills might do it. I'd probably draw the line here for the Dmg Ups. Closest I could get to 100 on a normal dummy was 100.2 above and 99.9 below, and it appears to increase in increments of .3 most of the time. Like this, it'll hit 100.2 just past the bottom right line.

So, it goes from 3/4 charge for a OHKO to 5/8 with just one as a main, then 1/2 with three if I'm seeing the video correctly. Dang diminishing returns. :/ Two Dmg Ups would still have a significant effect if you're gunning for the Burst Bomb 2HKO.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Cool thread. Don't know why I haven't been here before. I suppose I'll give in my 2 cents.
I feel like this needs to be said here and now. Chargers are not that bad at covering ink. In hindsight you'd think it would because of the time it takes to actually fire ink and uncharged it is really pathetic but here's the thing, on narrow paths it excels. I believe Port Mackerel is the best charger map because of this. It is littered with linear, straight paths. On wide areas, I don't believe t is really terrible just that the inking should be left to the rollers or other weapons. That said, if you like to go for Kelp Charger/Splaterscope (like me) sprinklers help a lot to alleviate this problem. For example where the ground first decends from the spawn point on Arowana Mall is a good place to plant them because its just the right size to get most of the area of that section. Still, best to leave the inking to the weapons designed around around that and chargers are limited in that regard.

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
Chargers definitely aren't bad at it, they're just bad at filling in the cracks and cleaning up empty spaces. They can definitely make a push into enemy territory/ink.

The other weapons are better at covering larger areas with ink though. Not that I care that much. I'm more concerned with stopping the enemy from spreading any ink than just spreading it all on my own. Ink chargers are more anti-meta than anything ime, though the Squiffer is kinda a whole different beast altogether.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Chargers definitely aren't bad at it, they're just bad at filling in the cracks and cleaning up empty spaces. They can definitely make a push into enemy territory/ink.

The other weapons are better at covering larger areas with ink though. Not that I care that much. I'm more concerned with stopping the enemy from spreading any ink than just spreading it all on my own. Ink chargers are more anti-meta than anything ime, though the Squiffer is kinda a whole different beast altogether.
Wouldn't even say they're bad with big areas, but they do have to handle them differently. Most weapons can cover big areas in a pass or two, while Chargers have to go around the edges.

The Squiffers seems to be the most underrated of them all. Most people think the range is too short for a Charger and overlook the charge time and and don't take the specials and subs into account. Say what you will about the weapon itself, but the sub and special on each set fit quite nicely. On the Classic there's Point Sensors to flush out other snipers and potentially counter snipe plus the Bubbler to shut down short range weapons, and on the New you have mines which keep people from just walking over you and the Inkzooka outranges even the E-liter if you're having trouble with range. With the quick charge time it covers ground quicker then plenty of Splattershots, meaning you'll be getting the specials in no time.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
alright, well, I've been learning chargers. my stream archives have some charger footage if anyone's interested.

classic squiffer and the two scopes are both god tier weapons when you can aim decently. the ability to instantly kill anything in your range is incredibly powerful.

e-liters charge too slowly to be useful in ranked, from what I've seen. the main problem is just that the maps do not favour long-ranged weapons like that; your positioning is too predictable and you are too easy to kill at close range (whereas the other chargers don't mind close-range engagements). scope is usually all you need, since you have enough time to take a shot or two and gtfo.

new squiffer has ink mines and is therefore inferior to the classic squiffer. inkzooka is really nice but you use squiffer for the fact that it has a bubbler at pro range, not for inkzooka (even though it can build inkzooka very fast).

edit: also chargers will remain OP as hell until people stop spamming jumps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom