• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Ink Charger Tech Club

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
It's weird. I really like urchin underpass. There are only 3 places the enemy can come from and if you stand in the center area you can cover these areas quite easily with a splatterscope.

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
I recently did some testing about thew movement options of chargers. As you know, chargers have uncharged, charged and somewhat charged (about 1/4 - 3/4) shots all of which are in a straight line. Using splatterdashing you can use these shots to escape enemy fire or traverse the map on uninked or enemy inked ground quickly. If you don't know, here is the process.
  1. shoot
  2. swim in squid form
  3. repeat
The exact same as splatterdashing however not the same in use. Splatterdashing is normally used to cover ground efficiently but with chargers it is better used in sticky situations and need an escape because chargers just don't have the same fire rate or spread.

Say for example someone is firing at you and your in the middle of enemy ink. This is when you fire a shot then move quickly. An uncharged shot will most likely be your best bet here. While charging a shot will give you an easier path to traverse on, charging the shot means your standing around too often and not in squid form which means your an easier target. They actually don't have a significant difference in speed. I tested it on the length of the training area and they all were about 7 seconds. The only exception was E-liter charged shots. The charge there is just too long and I started seeing results around 8 seconds.

In conclusion, splaterdashing with chargers are not used for covering ground efficiently but rather traversing the map fast. It is best to use uncharged shots because your harder to hit from being in squid form most of the time and because charging shots takes up more ink.
Hmm. This is probably the best way to get around.
As of late, the worst map for me has been Blackbelly Skatepark. The engagements are too close for comfort and the likelihood of seeing someone when you turn a corner is higher. Slatspray, Arowana Mall, and Port Mackeral are my favorites.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
I recently did some testing about thew movement options of chargers. As you know, chargers have uncharged, charged and somewhat charged (about 1/4 - 3/4) shots all of which are in a straight line. Using splatterdashing you can use these shots to escape enemy fire or traverse the map on uninked or enemy inked ground quickly. If you don't know, here is the process...................

In conclusion, splaterdashing with chargers are not used for covering ground efficiently but rather traversing the map fast. It is best to use uncharged shots because your harder to hit from being in squid form most of the time and because charging shots takes up more ink.
That sounds an awful lot like I do in most turf war situations. Ill get into the enemy base, they attack me, I run way. Charger is honestly the best keep away weapon in this game.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
As of late, the worst map for me has been Blackbelly Skatepark. The engagements are too close for comfort and the likelihood of seeing someone when you turn a corner is higher. Slatspray, Arowana Mall, and Port Mackeral are my favorites.
In theory Blackbelly Skatepark is not the best map for chargers yet somehow its one of my most successful. Not as much as Port Mackeral or Arowana Mall, those maps are absolutely great for chargers. I think its important to have a good view on that map. The tower is one place but that's too risky if you're team hasn't pushed forward. What I normally do is set myself at the most direct route towards the tower. It's that area that is higher ground with a clear view left, right and on the tower. There I have a clear view of people wanting to push forward so I can keep them away. From that area I can always retreat back to base, just be careful not to get flanked from people who went around the long way. I think its also important to check the gamepad often. You'll get a decent idea if its safe around a corner or not.

That sounds an awful lot like I do in most turf war situations. Ill get into the enemy base, they attack me, I run way. Charger is honestly the best keep away weapon in this game.
Definitely a great keep away weapon. It's the only weapon that can effectively OHKO an opponent from a distance. People even get scared from seeing the laser. I don't normally push forward towards the enemy base, I like to play a bit more defensively but hey if it works for you keep going. Its important to know your limits though. Chargers are very lackluster up close.

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
My least favourite so far has to be Saltspray Rig, but I just haven't found out how to be effective there yet. Blackbelly Skatepark has quite a few spots that can help with securing. My favourite has to be the elevated spot in the alley to the right of your spawn. It covers two enemy entryways easily, easily able to cover teammates on the tower or take control from the other team, and the enemies would have to climb behind you, where you can wait for a charged shot. Of course, Suction Bombs and the Inkzooka still manage to make your life much harder.

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
Well the way I play with chargers isn't lock down, it's more aggressive. Probably the reason I hate that Skatepark.

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
Well the way I play with chargers isn't lock down, it's more aggressive. Probably the reason I hate that Skatepark.
I know exactly what you mean. After playing Ranked for longer, I started going aggressive as going for lockdown is much harder with no team support

EsoTeRiC

Inkster Jr.
So guys if i'm using the normal charger damage up isn't worth it right? it's more suited for E liter?

I can play well on all the maps besides bluefin depot, there are just way too many blind spots on all the perches.

My best maps are probably kelp dome, walleye warehouse, urchin underpass, black belly and port mackerel with the right team I can get MVP with 1300+ points.

Last edited:

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
Yeah its not worth it. Went 25-2 yesterday in ranked A- with Squiffer. It was glorious. Walleye Warehouseis just too good.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
So guys if i'm using the normal charger damage up isn't worth it right? it's more suited for E liter?

I can play well on all the maps besides bluefin depot, there are just way too many blind spots on all the perches.

My best maps are probably kelp dome, walleye warehouse, urchin underpass, black belly and port mackerel with the right team I can get MVP with 1300+ points.
damage up is worth it if you ever find yourself in stickier situation then most chargers. Because Im more aggressive I usually get people a lot with uncharged shots up close. Its great because enemies rarely expect it.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
Yeah its not worth it. Went 25-2 yesterday in ranked A- with Squiffer. It was glorious. Walleye Warehouseis just too good.
walleye warehouse is amazing for the squiffer ;;
the new arowana mall is also not as hard for us (trees protect us from getting killed before we can do anything, no more wall to protect enemy chargers.

one of my favorite things while playing online with a charger is when machine guns try to jump at you. like, it MIGHT have been hard to hit you but you just set me up with an easy shot. i've gotten pretty good at hitting jumping, leaping, and falling foes, even in squid form.

whenever they start that bullshit, i immediately start shouting at my screen "NO, YOU DO NOTTTTT DO THAT AT CHARGERS!!"

well, if it's a roller or blaster doing it with close enough proximity it's actually kinda terrifying because you know you are probably dead regardless of if you hit or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom